Oddish Card from “Path to the Peak” to Release as Promo Card!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Pokemon.com has announced the Oddish card seen in Path to the Peak will release as a promo card! No details have been announced yet, but Pokemon.com says players should “stay tuned.”
The card is illustrated by Miranda Branley, a graphic designer at TPCi. This will be the first card in decades to be illustrated by an American (outside of illustrator contests).
The show also featured eight other new cards. It’s currently unclear if they’ll ever be printed.
Oddish is currently part of a marketing campaign called “Discover Pokémon Together: Oddish.” The promotion includes a special Research Day in Pokemon GO, an Oddish...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Should be good to include some artworks from people from overseas too. There are enough talented Japanese illustrators, but more can't hurt.
And I will always love a new Oddish card. Imagine a first Oddish holo. Hope it won't be hard to get.

Hope if it’s a GameStop promo that they give more to the stores so that people can actually get it

Something I'm very curious about: we know this card was illustrated by TPCi, which is fascinating enough, but was it DESIGNED by TPCi? If so, would it be the first card since Dark Raichu to not be designed by Creatures? (I could be totally off-base on that, sorry if so!)

Prolly what's going to happen is it's going to be a promo for a mini set. The Set logo in the series is ODD, which is short for oddish. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens. They have the G regulation mark as well, so it should be soon.

Hope if it’s a GameStop promo that they give more to the stores so that people can actually get it
And hopefully we don’t get an ugly red unaesthetic GameStop promo on it instead of the expansion promo (like we did with Umbreon).

Prolly what's going to happen is it's going to be a promo for a mini set. The Set logo in the series is ODD, which is short for oddish. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens. They have the G regulation mark as well, so it should be soon.
I’d think soon as well except a recent product reveal of a Scarlet&Violet 151 (the three starters are in it) has a Charmander that is SVP 47, while Oddish is SVP 102. So we at least have a lot of promos to get through until Oddish.

I’d think soon as well except a recent product reveal of a Scarlet&Violet 151 (the three starters are in it) has a Charmander that is SVP 47, while Oddish is SVP 102. So we at least have a lot of promos to get through until Oddish.
Promo numbers do not always correlate to order of release.

sigh ... is gamestop trying to keep themselves afloat by this?...a lot of these stores making you buy 15-20$ worth of stuff just to get this card...

I'm not expecting it to be a Gamestop promo. When's the last time a Gamestop promo was actually a promo?

Genuinely asking, I haven't been playing or collecting that long.

This will be the first card in decades to be illustrated by an American (outside of illustrator contests).

Just to cut off any pedantics in the audience, while this is the first new card illustrated by an American, Miranda is the fourth non-Japanese artist to appear on an official card. The other three were:
* Christopher Rush — Wizards employee who got to redraw a Mewtwo Black Star Promo #12
* James Turner — British artist and Game Freak employee
* Lee Hyun-jung — Korea artist and Game Freak employee

In fact, this might actually be the first time since Rush that a card was illustrated by someone from outside of Game Freak proper!

Congrats to Miranda for being able to get her artwork on an official Pokemon TCG card! You're living the dream for the rest of us. :D :D

Umm... okay? I don’t really see a point in making this an actual physical promo but if that’s the way the cookie crumbles then so be it.

That said I can see this being another Pokémon Center promo like the Special Delivery cards and the recent Illustrator Contest cards were.

Back