ORAS Obtainable Legendary Pokémon in OR / AS?

ipokemon

Ace Trainer
Post a comment about what pokemon will be obtainable in this game.

[smod]Drohn[/smod]: Make sure to elaborate in your posts. Simply listing Pokémon names is considered spam.

RE: What new legends and non hoenn will be obtainable in ORAS

Well definitely Sinnoh starters.

They're the starters that haven't been obtainable for the longest time.

As for legends, the most obvious seems to be
Regigigas
but it feels like they've been shoving it into every game they could so far....

Its hard to say, as they tend to do weird things...like putting the legendary birds into platinum, even though they're all found in their places in HGSSs Kanto right after that...
But heres my prediction taking this into consideration along with the usual who-havent-we-seen-for-long and examples of what they put in remakes before.

Normally obtainable legends:
-Regirock
-Regice
-Registeel
-Latios/Latias depending on version (with the other possibly being an event with a Mega stone)
-Groudon/Kyogre
-Rayquaza

Post-game obtainable legends:
-Lugia/Ho-oh (version exclusive like Kyogre/Groudon in HGSS)
-Mesprit/Azelf/Uxie, depending on starter choice
-Dialga/Palkia (version exclusive in some Shinto ruin looking place)
-Giratina (same place after you bring both of the other two)
-Cresselia
-Regigigas
-Tornadus/Thundurus (version exclusive)
-Landorus (after bringing other 2

Post-game obtainable legends in XY sequel/Z:
-Raikou/Entei/Suicune roaming depending on starter choice
-Heatran
-Cobalion/Terrakion/Virizion roaming depending on other starter choice (I imagine they'd offer Johto starters)
-Reshiram/Zekrom (version exclusive)
-Kyurem (after bringing the unobtainable of the other 2)
-some repeated..

Mitja said:
Regigigas
but it feels like they've been shoving it into every game they could so far

It's only been in 5 games (diamond, pearl, platinum, black 2, and white 2) when there have been 11 games made since the 4th gen

Mitja said:

I would rather be able to capture all 3 instead of one.

RE: What Legendary Pokémon will be obtainable in OR / AS?

I'm hoping Regigigas will be obtainable. Catch all three Regis, bring it to some secret cave/area and it comes alive from a statue kind of like in D/P. A new diving spot with a new underwater cavern could work.

Mitja said:
Well definitely Sinnoh starters.

They're the starters that haven't been obtainable for the longest time.

Regigigas
but it feels like they've been shoving it into every game they could so far....

Its hard to say, as they tend to do weird things...like putting the legendary birds into platinum, even though they're all found in their places in HGSSs Kanto right after that...
But heres my prediction taking this into consideration along with the usual who-havent-we-seen-for-long and examples of what they put in remakes before.

Normally obtainable legends:
-Regirock
-Regice
-Registeel
-Latios/Latias depending on version (with the other possibly being an event with a Mega stone)
-Groudon/Kyogre
-Rayquaza

Post-game obtainable legends:
-Lugia/Ho-oh (version exclusive like Kyogre/Groudon in HGSS)
-Dialga/Palkia (version exclusive in some Shinto ruin looking place)
-Giratina (same place after you bring both of the other two)
-Cresselia
-Regigigas
-Tornadus/Thundurus (version exclusive)
-Landorus (after bringing other 2

Post-game obtainable legends in XY sequel/Z:
-Raikou/Entei/Suicune roaming depending on starter choice
-Heatran
-Cobalion/Terrakion/Virizion roaming depending on other starter choice (I imagine they'd offer Johto starters)
-Reshiram/Zekrom (version exclusive)
-Kyurem (after bringing the unobtainable of the other 2)
-some repeated..

Johto starters were given in gen 3, in Pokmon Emerald, I wouldn't be surprised if they brought them back in the remakes. Probably Ho-oh, and Lugia will appear in OR/AS remakes, as version exclusives. Regarding, Regigigas it's inevitable it will appear in the remakes! :D Roamers constantly appear depending on starter choice that's how it has been since gen 3 games throughout all generation of Pokemon. I like how you share the same thoughts as me, it's funny, and perky at the same time. :D

Well obviously they gotta have the normally obtainable legendaries from R/S/E:

-Kyogre
-Groudon
-Rayquaza
-Registeel
-Regirock
-Regice
-Latios/Latias depending on gender or version (Latios for male/Alpha Sapphire, Latias for female/Omega Ruby)

And for post-game ones...:
-Regigigas (Bring the 3 Regi's to a new location)
-Lugia/Ho-Oh depending on your version (Lugia for Alpha Sapphire, Ho-Oh for Omega Ruby)
-Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf depending on your rival's starter. (Uxie for Treecko, Mesprit for Torchic, Azelf for Mudkip)
-Entei/Raikou/Suicune depending on your starter (Entei for Torchic, Raikou for Treecko, Suicune for Mudkip)
-Celebi (Event, takes you to the past during the events of the original R/S/E)
-Deoxys (Same as the original, needing the pass)
-Mew (Similar to Deoxys)

And that's all I can think of. It'd be cool. We need more of a post-game for this one.

ScorchingShock said:
-Latios/Latias depending on gender or version (Latios for male/Alpha Sapphire, Latias for female/Omega Ruby)

They were reverse in RS though. Latias for Sapphire and Latios for Ruby.

ScorchingShock said:
-Lugia/Ho-Oh depending on your version (Lugia for Alpha Sapphire, Ho-Oh for Omega Ruby)

When Groudon and Kyogre were obtainable in the postgame of HGSS, they were reverse of the expected "matching" order.

HG, with Ho-oh as its mascot, had Kyogre
SS with Lugia as its mascot, had Groudon

So I would expect them putting Ho-oh in Sapphire and Lugia in Ruby.

Mitja said:
ScorchingShock said:

They were reverse in RS though. Latias for Sapphire and Latios for Ruby.

ScorchingShock said:

When Groudon and Kyogre were obtainable in the postgame of HGSS, they were reverse of the expected "matching" order.

HG, with Ho-oh as its mascot, had Kyogre
SS with Lugia as its mascot, had Groudon

So I would expect them putting Ho-oh in Sapphire and Lugia in Ruby.

Ohhhh xD I forgot that! That makes sense, yes.

I think Lugia should be exclusive to Alpha Sapphire, because the theme of Alpha Sapphire is Kyogre a marine Pokemon that swims underwater, and Lugia is a diving Pokemon. Ho-oh likewise should be exclusive to Omega Ruby, the theme of Omega Ruby, is relevant to magma, and fire, therefore Ho-oh is fire type legendary. I'm pretty sure they will swap the exclusive legendaries this time. I forgot to mention that the Kimono girls will most likely show up in Hoenn, and they will be the same girls who will summon either Ho-oh, or Lugia depending on your version. Probably you're prompted to battle the Kimono girls along their eeveelutions, and if you defeat them your reward will be to confront one of the Johto mascot legends in the end.

I think I mentioned this in the "Features" thread, but I don't really mind what Legendary Pokémon show up so long as they're at least somewhat related to the game. BW2 was filled with random Legendaries that just popped up for no reason, similarly to Mewtwo's appearance in XY. But, say, I really like Chespin777's idea above about the Kimono Girls appearing in ORAS for Lugia/Ho-Oh, since that would be really cool and would create a sort of tie in.

Athena said:
BW2 was filled with random Legendaries that just popped up for no reason, similarly to Mewtwo's appearance in XY.

Its true there was no origin backstory for this Mewtwo, as that would be kept to Kanto-based games... but ignoring that part, they basically made the Pokémon Village for it. A place where Pokémon live that are hiding, have been abandoned or similar. I frankly cannot imagine a more appropriate place to find a Mewtwo than that o:

I did like the Pokémon Village as a home for Mewtwo; like you, I think it's fitting for him. I just would have liked there to be some plot related to his appearance there.

They could go off of "It's last companion abandoned it, and it's spirit is restless until it finds another worthy of it's presence" type thing. Go off of some story how the Tin Tower is not a suitable place for it to roost anymore (because of bitter memories) and therefore ventured out to roost elsewhere.

Athena said:
I think I mentioned this in the "Features" thread, but I don't really mind what Legendary Pokémon show up so long as they're at least somewhat related to the game. BW2 was filled with random Legendaries that just popped up for no reason, similarly to Mewtwo's appearance in XY. But, say, I really like Chespin777's idea above about the Kimono Girls appearing in ORAS for Lugia/Ho-Oh, since that would be really cool and would create a sort of tie in.

I'm glad that you like my idea! :D Ironically, the Kimono girls have never had their own artwork in gen 2 remakes, only buffed up 2D sprite, although they do have an old artwork that is from, G/S/C. I kind of think that their personality was fleshed out only when gen 2 was remade. I was hoping to battle all the Kimono sisters, while seeing a new sisters using gen 4 eeveelutions, "Leafeon", and "Glaceon". Well, I think the Kimono girls will likely return in Hoenn, I forgot to mention that they are trainers! So, the Kimono girls probably travel around the regions, showcasing their dancing customs to the spectators to remind them where they come from. But the question is? If the Kimono girls show up in Hoenn, where will we meet them again?

I think in general, they're going to make most if not all of the 2nd, 4th, and 5th gen legendaries obtainable between ORAS and the next game (Z/XY2). So that leaves us with:

Raikou/Entei/Suicune
Lugia/Ho-oh
Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf
Dialga/Palkia/Giratina
Heatran
Regigigas
Cresselia
Cobalion/Terrakion/Virizion
Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem
Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus

Now we only need about half of this list, so the question is how would they divide this up. I think if you go by the legendaries' connection to the region (i.e. their relation to the region's lore or environments), these are the ones I think would strongly fit Hoenn or Kalos:

Hoenn:
Lugia/Ho-oh
Heatran
Regigigas
Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus

Kalos:
Lugia/Ho-oh
Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem

That doesn't really narrow things down much, we've still got the Beast trio, the Pixie trio, the Creation trio, and Cresselia which don't really fit either, and we also have the matter of deciding on which game to put Lugia/Ho-oh and the Muskedeers in.

I think it would be convenient to put Lugia/Ho-oh in because they were already in the originals, albeit with an event. So make it so that post game, you can automatically go to Navel Rock and catch them without the need for an event. I also think they might make them version exclusives and instead of Navel Rock being a split path where you can go either up or down, you can only take one path based on your version. The Muskedeers I think would probably be better for Kalos because they fit the France theme, and could be used to expand on the connection between Unova and Kalos. But if they are in this game, I'd imagine they do it the same way as BW2, where they are caught on random routes (I'd say probably Cobalion on Rt. 114, Terrakion on Rt. 116, and Virizion on Rt. 119). The Pixies I think would be better for Kalos, as they fit Kalos' locations a little better (if they are catchable the same way that they are in BW2, I can see them putting the Uxie by Professor Sycamore's Lab or maybe Ambrette Aquarium, Mesprit somewhere like Pokemon Village or Rt. 10/Geosenge Town, and Azelf on Tower of Mastery). I'm still not 100% sure about the Beast trio, Cresselia, and the Creation trio. The Beasts are probably just going to be generic runners as always (maybe based on your starter as well), and I can't really think of good locations for the Creation trio or Cresselia in either region.

As for the other legendaries that I think are likely for ORAS, Regigigas I think will be put in Sealed Chamber (obviously requiring you to catch the other Regis and come back to catch him), and Heatran will be catchable at Mt. Chimney much in the same way he was obtained in BW2 (get the Magma Stone from a post game location, then bring it to the top of Mt. Chimney). Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus I'm unsure about, Tornadus and Thundurus are good runners, but if we have the Beasts in the game as well, I think there might be too many runners. Landorus will probably be catchable when you bring both to some location. I have absolutely no idea about Dialga/Palkia, but if those two make it in, it would be cool if we could catch Giratina by going to the top of Mt. Pyre and hopping through a portal to the Distortion World.

That Navel rock place was exsistant in LG/FR/E, and can only be accessed via a mystery gift event. The Navel rock area was stale as hell! I would like to see the Johto mascot legends return back in Hoenn. I'm pretty sure we will encounter the version exclusive legends in a new area. OR/AS are remakes of a 3D generation, it would be nice if we get to see a cutscene of Ho-oh like descending from the sky, while Lugia appearing from the depth of the sea. I think all legends that appear in OR/AS deserve cutscenes as well! I like the idea of bringing back the distortion world portal ontop of Mt.Pyre. Yeah! Bring back the Distortion world! Simple, make Dialga/Palkia version exclusive, catch them, and bring them together, and voila! The Distortion world portal opens! Explore the Distortion world, and catch Giratina there! ;) I like this whole speculation, theories of bringing back the Distortion world in Hoenn, it's really interesting! :)

Chespin777 said:
That Navel rock place was exsistant in LG/FR/E, and can only be accessed via a mystery gift event. The Navel rock area was stale as hell! I would like to see the Johto mascot legends return back in Hoenn. I'm pretty sure we will encounter the version exclusive legends in a new area. OR/AS are remakes of a 3D generation, it would be nice if we get to see a cutscene of Ho-oh like descending from the sky, while Lugia appearing from the depth of the sea. I think all legends that appear in OR/AS deserve cutscenes as well!

If it really bothers them that much that Navel Rock is so barebones, they'll probably redesign it. But considering how they handled Zygarde and Mewtwo in XY, I don't think they really care.

Chespin777 said:
I like the idea of bringing back the distortion world portal ontop of Mt.Pyre. Yeah! Bring back the Distortion world! Simple, make Dialga/Palkia version exclusive, catch them, and bring them together, and voila! The Distortion world portal opens! Explore the Distortion world, and catch Giratina there! ;) I like this whole speculation, theories of bringing back the Distortion world in Hoenn, it's really interesting! :)

Yeah, this is basically what I was thinking. Question is, though, where would Dialga/Palkia be caught? I can't think of any area in Hoenn where they would show up.

I don't want Ho-oh, and Lugia to be accessed via mystery gift event. I have stated in my previous post that most likely the Kimono girls will have a tie in plot with the Johto mascot legends. If I recall in Hoenn there's a city called, "Lillycove city", and in that city there's a theatre. I'm placing a guess we will meet the Kimono girls there? I forgot to mention that Ho-oh, and Lugia cannot appear without their exclusive key items the "Clear bell, and the Tide bell". The Kimono girls dance with the bell chimes in order to summon one of the Johto mascots. Yeah, I hope they ditch that stale navel rock event, and replace it with something far more worthy.

Thinking about it that way,

gen 1 is covered in XY (latest gen with earliest gen nostalgia highlighting)

gen 3 is obviously covered in ORAS no matter what

which leaves 2, 4 and 5 to show up in either ORAS or the "other" Kalos game.
I'd personally prefer it if they mostly put
-2 & 4 into Hoenn
-5 into Kalos part II
simply because Johto and Sinnoh are basically in Hoenns neighbourhood (especially Johto!), whereas Unova is just as distant and standalone as Kalos.
Not to mention the musketeers alone deserve to be put into the France based region, more than anywhere else.

I'd imagine they'd keep repeat appreances low this time (unlike birds being in Pt and in HGSS right after), due to the sheer amount they have to cover with 2 very different games.
Then its a question of how many of the trios they would make "1 out of 3 per game" instead of giving all members of a group their own locations. I'm thinking we will see MOSTLY this now, as the total of legends obtainable is going to be really high anyway, AND because it keeps all the "past" legends more special/rare. (also they got away with putting all 3 in with the lake guardians for example, because they were triggered from 1 location and simply found at random spots through the region, which is not something they would do with bigger legends like all the mascots..)

continuing the tradition that FRLG introduced and only recently XY revived and confirmed as a real option in a non-remake,
1 starter dependant roamer per game (since it would make sense to do it for the whole gen then):
-beast in Hoenn
-musketeer in Kalos

mascot legends handled like Hoenn mascots in HGSS
which means making them version exclusive, while allowing access to the third one if you get the other one through trading
-1 Johto mascot in Hoenn
-1 Sinnoh mascot in Hoenn, both=third mascot
-1 Unova mascot in Kalos2, both=third mascot
-1 Unova roamer in Kalos2, both=third kami

the inevitable inclusion of Regigigas access via golem collecting in ORAS
...Im pulling this out of my behind, but would be interesting to see something similar to obtain the lake guardians for the final gen 6 game!
bring the XY starter-roamer=Azelf
bring the ORAS starter-roamer=Mesprit
bring the Z starter-roamer=Uxie

and that only leaves Cresselia and Heatran, which I would then shove into Kalos part II, as it's short on its own legends anyway.

--Summary of what you get with each game with this setup

XY
-1 mascot
------------------
-1 bird
-1 incomplete third mascot
-1 mewtwo
Number of legends per game: 4
Number of all possible legends: 7

ORAS
-3 golems
-1 mascot
-1 third mascot
------------------
-1 lati
-1 beast
-1 regigigas
-1 johto mascot
-1 sinnoh mascot + optional 1 third mascot
-1 heatran
Number of legends per game: 12
Number of all possible legends: 18

XY2
-2 mascots (probably XorY mascot + Zygarde with 1 of 2 formes)
------------------
-1 musketeer
-1 Unova mascot + 1 optional third mascot
-1 Unova roamer + 1 optional third kami
-3 lake guardians (whatever they make the requirement)
-1 cresselia
Number of legends per game: 11
Number of all possible legends: 16

Sounds perfect to me.

EDIT:
Lets do gen 5 for comparison (where there was just 2 fresh-games (BW) followed by 2 crammed-games for the finish (BW2))

BW
-3 musketeers
-1 roamer
-1 mascot
---------------
-1 third kami
Number of legends per game: 7
Number of all possible legends: 9

BW2
-3 musketeers
-2 mascots (1 main and 1 proper third)
---------------
-1 lati
-3 lake guardians
-1 golems + 2 optional golems
-1 cresselia & 1 heatran
-1 optional regigigas
Number of legends per game: 15 (without the whole exchanging golem keys 12)
Number of all possible legends: 17

Yep, extremely close xD

or perhaps gen 4, as it had the same amount of game sets (main, third, remakes). Although lower totals would be expected as there is less legends in total to cover.

DP
-3 lake guardians
-1 mascot
------------------
-1 heatran & 1 cresselia
-1 not easy optional regigigas (impossible without previous gen transfer)
Number of legends per game: 7
Number of all possible legends: 9

Pt
-3 lake guardians
-1 mascot
------------------
-2 other mascots
-1 heatran & 1 cresselia
-1 not easy optional regigigas
-3 birds
Number of legends per game: 11
Number of all possible legends: 12

HGSS
-1 mascot
-3 beasts
------------------
-1 other mascot
-3 birds
-1 mewtwo
-1 hoenn mascot + 1 optional third mascot
-1 lati
Number of legends per game: 12
Number of all possible legends: 14

except that the initial games have more (obviously since gen 6 doesnt have a trio or new extra legends), it fits.

I'm excluding all event-legends or event-triggered ingame legends in this for consistency.

Back