Noteworthy Episodes

Ninetales

Aspiring Trainer
The Pokémon T.V. series has continued through many years, allowing for many stories with varying degrees of depth to be told. For a series aimed at children and Pokémon fans alike, there are many particular episodic gems with much more substance to the story than others. Over the span of my on-and-off viewership of the series, I’ve spotted a few of these. One is EP016, Pokémon Shipwreck, in which our beloved main characters face the peril of escaping an overturned ship, slowly sinking beneath the murky waves, all the while trying to work with their mortal enemies for survival. In another, of which the name eludes me, the main characters meet a lonely elderly lady who is still waiting for the return of her husband after many years at an abandon train stop. One of the characters (May, if I recall correctly) happens upon a locket which transports her back in time before the incident in which the husband leaves and meets an ill fate. She is able to change the series of events and finds herself back in a time which the lady and her husband have grown old together. Still another is the deliciously dark BW026, Scare at the Litwick Mansion!, in which the devious little Litwicks slowly drain the life energy of the villainous Team Rocket trio, who are only to be saved from their fate in the ghost world by the good doing “twerps”. And lastly, which is also could be ranked as my favorite, EP232, Just Waiting on a Friend, is a bittersweet story of a lonely Ninetales. For hundreds of years, she waited in an abandoned mansion for her beloved owner who would never return. She comes across Brock, who strongly resembles her owner, and ancient pains of longing driver her to attempt to keep him from leaving.

I have listed a few (although, excuse the wall of text) of the highlights of the series. Do you have any episodes you find equally noteworthy? Feel free to expand the list and discuss! :3

Uncrushing Defeat: It shows Ash depressed and Dawn helping him up, it's like a more in depth version of Ash moping after the Indigo League
UnBEARable: This one is my childhood.
Get The Show On The Road!: A fresh start! Well it started with the final Johto episode but this one kicked it off. :D And it was done properly!

Back