• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Noivern Nuke (Noivern / Dusknoir / Keldeo EX / Yveltal)

Ndless

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:
  • 3-3 Noivern(FFI)
  • 3-1-3 Dusknoir (BCR)
  • 2 Yveltal (XY)
  • 2 Keldeo EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Enhanced Hammer
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 3 Hard Charm
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Rare Candy
  • 1 Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 Skyla
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Shauna
  • 3 Training Center
Energy:
  • 6 Darkness Energy
  • 6 Psychic Energy

Strategy:

This is the first deck I'm posting and the first I've actually put some thought/research into. This is for fun between friends and also a budget build. I come from a long background in YuGiOh so I know general good practices in card games, but being new to this one leave me with a lack of general card knowledge, so I need help. I got a few suggestions in a thread I already posted and used them to come up with this.

Noivern is my favorite Pokemon, and the card looks decent, so I wanted to build a deck around it. The general strategy is to use Noivern to attack everything a few times, and then use Meowstic to Redistribute counters to take out whatever is needed.

EDIT:

With some helpful suggestions I've swapped Mew Ex/Hydreigon for Keldeo Ex/Yveltal

EDIT:

Swapped out Meowstic for Dusknoir and added Rare Candy

Last edited:
RE: Noivern Nuke

You should use at least 2 Rare Candy to get out the Hydreigons faster, so a 3-2-3 line would be better and more consistent. Other than that...I don't really know what else to say, since I have never played anything like this.

Vom said:
You should use at least 2 Rare Candy to get out the Hydreigons faster, so a 3-2-3 line would be better and more consistent. Other than that...I don't really know what else to say, since I have never played anything like this. What I can tell you though, is to go check your profile..:p

That's what I was trying to go for with the Evosodas. Should I have both or is it an Either or thing? I think the 3-2-3 set up would probably work better though.

Already did, thank you for the welcome :)

Already said you were welcome (in both senses) :p
Hmmm I'd say you run 0 Evosodas. The Zweilous are there in case of Seismitoad..but since those also block Evosodas, I don't really see the point :p

Meowstic doesn't move Energy around nearly as efficiently as Dusknoir since Meowstic needs to attack to do it. It is a bit difficult fitting all those Evos in, but it's managable. Rare Candy can skip Stage 1 Pokemon, so it's useful for Dusk/Hydreigon. Your Supporter line is a bit odd. 4 Shauna aren't needed when you already have the 2 Colress. That said, I recommend a build similar to this:

3 Noivern (FFI)
3 Noibat (FFI)
2 Mew EX (LTR)
2 Duskull (BCR or FLF)
1 Dusclops (BCR)
2 Dusknoir (BCR)
3 Deino (PHF)
1 Zweilous (PHF)
3 Hydreigon (PHF)

23-25
4 Rare Candy
1 Professor's Letter
2 VS Seeker
1 Switch / Escape Rope
4 Ultra Ball
2 Colress
1 Lysandre
2 Skyla
4 Professor Sycamore
2 Shauna
2-4 N

6 Dark Energy
6 Psychic Energy

That leaves 3-5 spots for you to fill with whatever. You may want to run more Dusknoir or middle stages. Energies can be cut as well.
Hopefully I didn't miscount somewhere and make a fool of myself :p
Not trying to force anything onto you, just some friendly suggestions.

Hope I helped!

RE: Noivern Nuke (Noivern / Meowstic / Hydreigon)

Dusknoir is more efficient at moving damage around, but he's also much more expensive. Same reason left out N in favor of other supports. I'm going to have to buy 90% of this deck so I wanted to keep costs down where I could, but I could maybe find some money for it.

I do think that would work better though.

2 Stage 2 lines in the same deck is really hard to get out in the meta, so for now you should stick to Meowstic. Until Stage mons get more support, at least.

How does this look then?

Pokemon:

• 3x Noivern (FFI)
    3x Noibat (FFI)
    2x Mew EX (LTR)
    2x Espurr (FLF)
    2x Meowstic (FLF)
    3x Deino (PHF)
    1x Zweilous (PHF)
    3x Hydreigon (PHF)

• 1x Professor's Letter
    2x Muscle Band
    2x VS Seeker
    2x Switch
    4x Rare Candy
    4x Ultra Ball

2x Colress
    2x Lysander
    2x Skyla
    4x Professor Sycamore
    2x Shauna
    2x N
Energy:

• 5x Darkness Energy
    7x Psychic Energy

Ndless said:
How does this look then?

(snip)

4 Rare Candy aren't needed since you're only running a 3-1-3 Hydreigon line, so you can cut that down to 2 or 3. Muscle Band is also not needed. Other than that, list looks pretty good! As for what to add in, you can try...

-2 Rare Candy
-2 Muscle Band

+1 Sigilyph (Safeguard)
+1 Startling Megaphone
+2 Supporters/whatever you need

Sigilyph helps stall for time against decks with EX Pokemon that set up fast. Megaphone helps against Garbodor and just Tools in general, especially decks that run a heavy Muscle Band line. From there, you can afford to put in extra draw power in the form of Supporters or whatever you find you need from playtesting the deck, potentially more Energy.

Hope I helped!

Since this is just against friends Sigilyph wouldn't get used that much at the moment, but I'll keep it in mind for sure. Why aren't the Muscle Bands necessary?

Ndless said:
Since this is just against friends Sigilyph wouldn't get used that much at the moment, but I'll keep it in mind for sure. Why aren't the Muscle Bands necessary?

I'm actually not sure if Boomburst works with Muscle Band since the actual attack damage is 0, and the 30 to all Pokemon is the effect.

Can someone who knows the rulings confirm/deny that?

DFB3636 said:
Ndless said:

I'm actually not sure if Boomburst works with Muscle Band since the actual attack damage is 0, and the 30 to all Pokemon is the effect.

I was wondering about that myself.

DFB3636 said:
Ndless said:

I know that Muscle Band will not affect the attack output of Noivern as the attack has no Base damage. Nevertheless, I cannot confirm this due to not being a legal Pokemon Professor.

On the note of Sigilyph, it is not a card worth putting in this deck. Only half the time will you ever use it to stall EX decks, which nearly always have a simple way around it, and then you will have to switch back for another Pokemon, and waster rssources. If you want stalls, check out the Robo Subsitute.

Is Hydreigon the best card for retrieving dark energy? A Baby Yveltal can do the same thing via attack, as well as do some more decent (30) damage to your opponent. Honestly, Mew-EX is not worth in the deck, as it is a really easy prize. Noivern should be used due to Echolation, which can be great for causing stalling. You could even pair this with a Hard Charm for less damage done to Noivern.

Also, if you do not have N, it may be just worth buying 4 Shauna. N is pretty expensive, and will be going out of format soon (unless it is reprinted), and Shauna can do a cheaper job fairly well.

A set up you could try out is Hypnotoxic Laser + Virbank City Gym + Dragalge. This gets your opponent 30 damage in between turns due to poison, and with Dragalge's ability, prevents that Pokemon from retreating. A 4 | 3 (Replacing other stadium)| 2-2 would be the best line.

You should also try get a free retreat mechanism, like Keldeo-EX + Float Stone. Attach a stone to Keldeo, Rush In, and then Retreat, and you can remove bad effects or special conditions from your active Pokemon. You can also use it to retreat freely from one of your Pokemon to another. Definitely worthwhile in this deck.

So, my suggestions:

-3 Deino
-1 Zwelious
-3 Hydreigon (Not worth the big line)
-2 Mew-EX (Too frail)
-4 Rare Candy (No stage 2s)
-1 Ultra Ball (Only need 3)
-2 Muscle Band (No use)
-2 Lysandre (You will rarely use this guy, if at all, as your main attacks effect every Pokemon)

+3 Training Center (Cheap, but great Stadium)
+3 Hard Charm (Great on Noivern)
+1 Escape Rope (Great card)
+1 VS Seeker (Consistency)
+2 Baby Yveltal (Recycling Dark Energy)
+1 Lysandre's Trump Card (Recycling Discard Pile)
+1 Startling Megaphone (For Garbs)
+2 Enhanced Hammer (Great for disruption)
+2 Keldeo-EX (Free retreat with FS)
+2 Float Stone (Free retreat with Keldeo-EX)

DFB3636 said:
Ndless said:

You can post your question here: Ask A Professor-PB

bbninjas said:
Is Hydreigon the best card for retrieving dark energy? A Baby Yveltal can do the same thing via attack, as well as do some more decent (30) damage to your opponent.
You would be using your attack for the turn, losing a lot of damage. Imo in this Hydreion is better, since you can still spread damage with Noivern.

Vom said:
bbninjas said:
Is Hydreigon the best card for retrieving dark energy? A Baby Yveltal can do the same thing via attack, as well as do some more decent (30) damage to your opponent.
You would be using your attack for the turn, losing a lot of damage. Imo in this Hydreion is better, since you can still spread damage with Noivern.

Point that both Yveltal and Hydreigon will not always be used. I'd say you'd only need Hydreigon 3 or 4 times at the most each game, and you use 9 cards just to do that, compared to 2 cards. Not worth it; you've got better cards for that space.
What you should be doing with Yveltal is discarding a few energy with Ultra Ball around T1, and attaching that energy onto your benched with the basic, or simply damaging T1. You can also use it as a stall (many Pokemon cannot 1-hit KO it).
Another option would be to use the EXP Shares (about 2) that have just been reprinted (though not yet legal for tournament POP play) to recycle energy that way. Both options are better than the Hydreigon, IMO.

Hmmm I guess that's right. With EXP Share, you could also run Energy Switch or something...but well Yveltal seems like the best option. If only Dark Patch/Hydreigon DRX were still legal...

I actually like the Yveltal plan better. Seems more constant to me, and it won't just be sitting there with an unusable attack.

I'll rework the deck and post it a bit later.

Thank you for the help so far everyone, really appreciate it.

Alright, I wonder what you'll come up with :p
Also, it would help if you updated the list in the OP too, as I kinda missed your most recent list a couple of times xD

Updated the OP, but here it is again for good measure;

Pokemon:

• 3-3x Noivern(FFI)
    2-2x Meowstic (FLF)
    2x Yveltal (XY)
    2x Keldeo Ex (BCR)

• 1x Escape Rope
    1x Town Map
    1x Professor's Letter
    2x Switch
    2x Float Stone
    2x Enhanced Hammer
    3x VS Seeker
    3x Hard Charm
    3x Ultra Ball
    1x Lysandre's Trump Card
    2x Colress
    2x Skyla
    4x Professor Sycamore
    4x Shauna
    3x Training Center
Energy:

• 5x Darkness Energy
    7x Psychic Energy

I feel like I could drop the two switches for something, but other than that I think it looks good. A lot better than it did.

You have Keldeo-EX and Float Stones, Switch and Escape Rope are pretty much pointless. If you cut the Rope ba dum tss and the Switches you could have room for a bigger Meowstic line, I don't really trust 2-2 lines ¬¬

Back