no lost world the advanatge and disadvanatge of its lost

aishen

Look who's back!
lost world stadium card

Lost World - Stadium

Each player may, during his or her turn, end the game and declare himself or herself the winner if the opponent has 6 or more Pokemon cards in his or her Lost Zone.

You can only play 1 Stadium card next to your Active Pokemon during your turn. If a Stadium with a different name comes into play, discard this card.

i am an avid fan of the lost world and its mechanics in the game. the lost world is one of the most awaited and anticipated card in the new set we have. why? because this card is capable of giving you victory even if its 6-1 on prizes in your match assuring you of somewhat like an auto-win or something in the game. pretty much i have seen some players already build their lostgar decks done already just waiting for the pre-release so they can get their hands on it. i for one, also prepared my own lostgar list and an article for it done *am just waiting for the scans*.

but then we were all shocked with the news that lost world is not printed in english translation or in this set so what are its advantage of its lost and disadvantage as well? i just wanna hear your thoughts and some possible combos even in its lost.

mine is:

ADVANTAGE

- absol prime can now be a great contender due to its good attack
- im guessing they didnt include lucario in the set aswell cuz if they did then it will combo well with absol prime
- mew prime can somehow be a good deck aswell
- cards that uses the lost zone in their attacks are now unlimited due to the absence of the card
- luxchomp/diachomp players says hooray!

DISADVANTAGE

- prime gengar is near useless now thus the hype is being stopped
- some players got disappointed *including me*

what are your thoughts on these?

How do you know it's not in the set?

It could still be a secret rare...

And LuxChomp/DialgaChomp still being around is certainly not a good thing. SP annoys me...

I have all the cards to play SP. Luxray GL Lv. X all of that but I choose not to play it for the opposite reason that you choose to play it for. It is certainly not fun to play... I like decks where it is different every time you play it...

@garchomp - look at the gym they already have all the scans

@tyler z - i still dont wanna use luxchomp =p *though i play diachomp but its not my main deck*

I say it give an opportunity to cards like Absol and Mew Prime so that they may freely place cards in the lost zone so you won't have to worry about Lost World. Also with no Lost Remover you can safely play Rescue Energy too :)

MWAHAHAAHAAHAAHAAAA!!!!!!! No Lost World!!! (Sorry, I'm a hardcore DialgaChomp player. Had to get that out.) But I think it's good that we didn't get Lost World. I think the point of it was to "eliminate" SP as the top dog, but I think Pokemon USA figured out that would be a bad move. How do you get rid of a 8 ft, venomous, killer snake? (figuratively of course, being as I think SP is just amazing. But it's a snake to Pokemon USA.) You DON'T release an Anaconda to kill it! (Anaconda here = Lost World) I think they would have just been making another SP. Another deck that will dominate for a few seasons. (But hey, what the heck, LONG LIVE SP!!!)

Advantage:

Being able to LOL at everyone who bought a box/case to get lost world/s and everyone who has a Lostgar list.
Also alot more players will look at the other cards of the set (Magnezone prime?) and try to see if those are usable (Magnezone and Feraligatr primes are awesome together, etc)

Disadvantage:

I honestly liked the mechanic and was looking forward to messing around with lostgar just because I want to have a 13th tier 1/tier 2 deck.

OMG mlouden these guys I know (on the Beach they're known as konter_j8902 and Shakespeare.) bought more than 500$ worth in boxes!!! Now I'm laughing my butt off!!!!

Well with it gone I think Cities will be a lot more enjoyable, and Absol/Mew Prime can be a great combo.

IMO they kept it out of the set merely because it makes it even harder for other non-SP or non-Lostgar decks to be playable, and thus stop attracting new players, because don't forget that is the main point of the game. Anyway I'm glad that it got cut it means I don't have to try to keep both Pokes and Trainers/Supporters out of my hand for the entire game. This may let the prominent SPs to stay on top, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Enough of my babbling here are my reasons why its good that Lost World is gone.

1.) It keeps the over-centralizing game-state around for only one more year, instead of replacing it with a combo that will make the game even harder to get out of this slump. Let's face it over the last few sets there have been very few bitters for liking simply because the standard set by SP was hard to conquer, and making another combo that would over-centralize the game would result in a burst for buying this set, but none of the following sets would result in such an occurrence.

2.) The idea of Lost World is simply just broken. A card that can influence players to play a combo that would mess up your opponent's set-up and then get an uncounterable way of winning. If I wanted to do that I would be playing Yu-gi-oh not Pokemon.

3.) It makes it harder to play Absol Prime, and Mew Prime who if Lost World came out would be much more difficult to play.

@rikko

They could still open 1 box and sell the rest, buying that many boxes must've given them a discount, thus creating the opportunity to actually MAKE money, minus the box they open. And you know, you didn't have to wait for someone to tell you what lucario did, they have it on the main site, along with a translation.

I think the lack of lost world is an attempt to balance the game in the long run. If they stay the course, an RR-on meta would have a terrible time with lostgar.
Its a game mechanic with no counter. You cannot reduce the number of lost zone pokemon at this time.
I see this season as a great challenge to take down SP before it gets rotated. After that (without lost world), we may see a wide array of deck competing to win.

Well, to advance discussion, do you lot think they will release Lost World in a later set or just completely remove so it doesn't dominate?

Back