Discussion No 3rd legendary & just 1 mythical , So GEN 8 coming soon !!!

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
In terms of Gen. 8, don't expect any news until late 2019.
While I don't necessarily agree that this generation will be shorter than usual, I'm sure news on Gen VIII will come out prior to "late" 2019 -- at the current pace of a gen every 3 years (releases in 2010/2011, 2013, and 2016), we're looking at an early 2019 reveal for a late 2019 release.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
While I don't necessarily agree that this generation will be shorter than usual, I'm sure news on Gen VIII will come out prior to "late" 2019 -- at the current pace of a gen every 3 years (releases in 2010/2011, 2013, and 2016), we're looking at an early 2019 reveal for a late 2019 release.
I'd agree with this. It'd be coming out at basically the same pace as the first line of 3DS Pokemon games came out, meaning hopefully, we'd have enough room for 2 more releases after Sun and Moon, such as Pokemon Eclipse or something, and if they really want me invested in this game in the 11th grade, then DP remakes.

That would fit perfectly in the window you've suggested. I think it's plausible, and I don't see why that wouldn't make sense at all, since GameFreak is going to need time to make a game adjusted to fit a new platform, which is exactly why XY took so long, because of how long it took to develop from the day they got their hands on this console.

Orphalesion

Aspiring Trainer
Could it be that the rumoured "Pokemon" title that is set to be released 6 months after the Switch's release is just an updated version of Sun and Moon with better graphics and optimized and all that?

Or a spinoff like Pokemon Ranger?

In any case I hope its not a Red/Green/Blue remake, I'm sick of Kanto...

yammark

Aspiring Trainer
Could it be that the rumoured "Pokemon" title that is set to be released 6 months after the Switch's release is just an updated version of Sun and Moon with better graphics and optimized and all that?

Some rumor just happen and it match "set to be released 6 month after Switch launch"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-18-nintendo-switch-will-get-pokemon-sun-and-moon-version

So it is sequel with code name Pokemon Star. They will add some brand new Pokemon (I guess it is just another Alola form obviously)

G-Panthera

Panthera's Fiercest Fighter
Actually the third Legendary, the one that goes with Solgaleo and Lunala, exist, coming in the form Necrozma, the Prism Pokémon. It may be the "star" player in the codenamed "Pokémon Stars". Necrozrma is pretty much the third Legendary, as even the official site of Sun and Moon have a url that lists "3rd legendary" when you go there and find the picture of the black crystaline Pokémon.

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
I mean i dont want to have to buy a Switch and as a let's player need to work out how to record it. But I'm always excited for new Pokemon though it's a bit irresponsible for that article to say "will" still just a rumour at this point.