• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Nintales/Amoonguss BOUNDRIES CROSSED LIST

Who is best pony?

• Pinkie Pie

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Pinkamina Diane Pie

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

Subarashii

Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan!
The Strategy
19-ninetales.jpg
9-amoonguss.jpg

The NEW CARDS
28.jpg

Munna – Psychic – HP60
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Long-Distance Hypnosis
Once during your turn, you may flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Asleep. If tails, your Active Pokemon is now Asleep.

[P][C] Psychoshot: 20 damage.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

57.jpg

Virbank City Gym – Trainer
Stadium

If a Pokemon is Poisoned, place two more damage counters on it between turns.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.

53.jpg

Audino – Colorless – HP80
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Troublesome
If this card is in your hand, you can use this Ability once during your turn. Heal 10 HP and remove one Special Condition from your Active Pokemon. Afterwards, discard this card.

[C][C] Hip Attack: 30 damage. During your opponent’s next turn, if the Defending Pokemon that was hit by this attack tries to attack, flip a coin. If tails, that attack fails.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1
Amoonguss and Munna put up special conditions, and Ninetales abuses it. Ninetales also serves as a searchable catcher. . Giant Cape puts Nintales out of 1HKO range of Darkrai's, and Develution Spray/SSU picks up Amoonguss to reuse power and Ninetales when necessary.

EXPLANTION OF NEW CARDS

Virbank City Gym- powers up Amoonguss' poison
Munna- Free +50 damage
Audino- Munna is flippy, audino acts as a searchable full heal when flips dont go your way

T/S/S
4 Juniper 98/108 DEX
3 N 92/101 NV
3 Cheren 91/98 EP
4 Devolution Spray 113/124 DRX
3 Switch 102/123 HGSS
2 Super Scoop Up 103/114 BW
2 Virbank City Gym
3 Giant Cape 114/124 DRX
1 Super Rod 95/101 NV
4 Level Ball 89/99 ND
2 Pokemon Catcher 95/98 EP

TOTAL:

Pokemon
4 Vulpix 18/124 DRX
3 Ninetales 19/124 DRX
3 Emolga 45/124 DRX
3 Foongus 8/99 ND
3 Amoonguss 9/99 ND
2 Audino
2 Munna
1 Sableye 62/108 DEX

TOTAL

Energy
TOTAL
7 {R} Fire Energy 106/114 BW
2 Blend Energy GRPD 117/124 DRX

GRAND TOTAL: 61 :\

RE: Nintales/Amoonguss

I love the idea of a Bouffalant in this deck rather than just the Ninetales/Amoonguss/Emogla. As much as I love this deck and wish it would be useful, I feel as if this deck is too fragile to stand up to any tier 1 decks for very long. However, this is my favorite Amoontails deck so far.

It seems to me that 9 energy total is just a tad low. I'd suggest taking out a Cheren and a Ninetales for 2 more. Also, I'd suggest running a few Blend GRPD. It allows you to attack with Amoonguss if it gets stuck in the active spot and you're drawing dead or are down to 1 pokemon.

Overall:
-1 Cheren
-1 Ninetales
-1 {R} Energy
+3 Blend Energy {G} {R} {P} {D}

MMAmonchan said:
I love the idea of a Bouffalant in this deck rather than just the Ninetales/Amoonguss/Emogla. As much as I love this deck and wish it would be useful, I feel as if this deck is too fragile to stand up to any tier 1 decks for very long. However, this is my favorite Amoontails deck so far.

Ty, it's honestly just a cheap way to return to the game, and it gets a power increase when the next set drops waay down the road :)

Puff said:
It seems to me that 9 energy total is just a tad low. I'd suggest taking out a Cheren and a Ninetales for 2 more. Also, I'd suggest running a few Blend GRPD. It allows you to attack with Amoonguss if it gets stuck in the active spot and you're drawing dead or are down to 1 pokemon.

Overall:
-1 Cheren
-1 Ninetales
-1 {R} Energy
+3 Blend Energy {G} {R} {P} {D}

Thank You, sir

Emopanda133 said:
I think you should run a 2-of Sableye, I think it would help, but that just me.

I feel another pokemon would make it even more clunky :\

Oh yeah, I forgot that sableye is pretty much required in this deck, since it lets you recover your Devo Sprays after you've used all 4, since after 4 you'd run out of momentum otherwise.

Puff said:
Oh yeah, I forgot that sableye is pretty much required in this deck, since it lets you recover your Devo Sprays after you've used all 4, since after 4 you'd run out of momentum otherwise.

You think it wouldnt be too clunky w/ something else?

Subarashii said:
You think it wouldnt be too clunky w/ something else?

No, just use Puff's suggestions, except, don't drop a Ninetails, and Add in 2 Sableye.

-1 Cheren
-1 Fire
+2 Sableye.

What about Dustox from Dragons Exalted? It might be a bit slower since its a stage two, but you wouldn't have to worry about evolving and devolving, and it would make ninetails hit for 170 instead. They've both only got one retreat, so that's not terribly bad either...

I can see why Amoongus could be better in some lights, but the extra 50 damage could be the difference between a OHKO and yourself getting KO'd the next turn.

Thoughts?

Kiari511 said:
What about Dustox from Dragons Exalted? It might be a bit slower since its a stage two, but you wouldn't have to worry about evolving and devolving, and it would make ninetails hit for 170 instead. They've both only got one retreat, so that's not terribly bad either...

I can see why Amoongus could be better in some lights, but the extra 50 damage could be the difference between a OHKO and yourself getting KO'd the next turn.

Thoughts?

Over 2 turns Ninetales/Dustox will do 170+20 for poison+ another 20 if 1 burn goes my way 190. Over 2 Turns Amoonguss/Ninetales does 240+20 for poison+30 if a confuse confuse 290. Thats an average of 50 more damage a turn :>

Rescue Scarf may not be a bad idea as well. Having lines return to your hand after KO's has made my deck keep its steam.

Ekklesia said:
Rescue Scarf may not be a bad idea as well. Having lines return to your hand after KO's has made my deck keep its steam.

It sounds good, but over giant cape?

I think you should drop 2 more fire's for 2 more Blends. Just in case they get discarded, or something.
Other then that, the list looks super solid and I might try to make one myself.

Derp said:
I think you should drop 2 more fire's for 2 more Blends. Just in case they get discarded, or something.
Other then that, the list looks super solid and I might try to make one myself.

Will do. :D :D :D :ninja

TBH, you don't need 4 Blend Energy, the only reason you should have Blend Energy in this deck is for Sableye, which you don't have.

Emopanda133 said:
TBH, you don't need 4 Blend Energy, the only reason you should have Blend Energy in this deck is for Sableye, which you don't have.

I plan on putting them both in, im just too lazy to update the list ;P

Back