• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Ninja Box (Dragon Archetype)

You know what they say, actions speak louder than words. I will glady play against you and abide by your rules. You want me to play the exact list i have posted or is there flexibility in regards to card inclusions? If i was to rate the decks you listed in order from the best to worst matchup for Ninja Box with deck flexibility i would probably say:

1. Buzzroc
2. Turbo Turtles
3. Lucario/Lando
4. Dusk Mane/Bronzong
5. Drampa Garb
6. Lon Zoro

I think the first 4 decks would be pretty similar in terms of win%. Ninja Box would most likely be below 50% win rate against Drampa Garb and Lon Zoro. I think i could probably raise the Drampa Garb matchup to a near 50% with few inclusions. This would require more testing because it falls in a different category than the others in terms of gameplay and requires a different approach. Same goes with Lon Zoro but i think it would be harder to raise the win% against this deck in the current meta state.

In regards to me choosing what deck you should play that just seems unfair. Choose the one you want now that you have a better idea of which would have the best matchup. Just know that i am very busy right now with work/family/projects so i don't have much time to test around (my wifes pregnant and due in 1-2 weeks). AFK from home except on weekends so i can only play on Friday and Saturday nights (usually between 9pm-12pm eastern time). This means that if you play Drampa Garb or Lon Zoro just know that i won't be as sharp against them as i would against the other 4 decks you mentioned.

You can add me on PTCGO i have the same user name as on Pokebeach (whats your user name?). When we both get to be online at the same time we can make a clash just be aware my playtime right now is as low as it can get. About that FA Buzzwole it is really kind of you but you probably need it more than i do so no need for that. I would suggest something else instead:

- If you loose you will make the "post of shame". Explain how you lost to the "unconsistent" Ninja Box.
- If i get destroyed ill just say GG and never post on Pokebeach again.

I did not lost yet to people claiming the deck was junk and challenging me. I know very well that luck can't always be on my side and that you are a very talented player so it might just be my Waterloo. Still, I would rather see you pulling it off than anyone else because i can honestly say i respect you more than any other PTCG player i got to know.

I will see you online.
Well, first of all, I won't play Lonzoro or Drampa Garb. Second, you can play any variant of Ninja box you want. Letting you choose my deck is me getting cocky and I'm going to play Buzzroc or Turtles, since I have a lot of experience with both decks.
And lastly, congrats on the kid!

I don't want you to never post on Pokebeach again, I was just saying that it might be best to not keep posting Ninja box lists if they hardly change a thing, especially when all people do is talk down on them. When I said "everyone's best interest", I did mean everyone, including you. It can be degrading to only get bad talk, and I'm sure You're under enough stress from being an adult.

And yes, I promise to make a post of shame if I lose. My username is Ladyoshalott.
I'll still give you the buzz, I pulled a tradelocked FA, so even if I lose one, I still have my FA playset.

Well, first of all, I won't play Lonzoro or Drampa Garb. Second, you can play any variant of Ninja box you want. Letting you choose my deck is me getting cocky and I'm going to play Buzzroc or Turtles, since I have a lot of experience with both decks.
And lastly, congrats on the kid!

I don't want you to never post on Pokebeach again, I was just saying that it might be best to not keep posting Ninja box lists if they hardly change a thing, especially when all people do is talk down on them. When I said "everyone's best interest", I did mean everyone, including you. It can be degrading to only get bad talk, and I'm sure You're under enough stress from being an adult.

And yes, I promise to make a post of shame if I lose. My username is Ladyoshalott.
I'll still give you the buzz, I pulled a tradelocked FA, so even if I lose one, I still have my FA playset.

You are a gentleman. Too bad this is not Pay Per View. Everyone is betting on you so you got a lot of pressure friend.

I have liked the idea of decks like this since Ninja Boy was announced. I am a little skeptical since I had very little success with Shadowbox decks. I am going to try it, but unfortunately, I don't have Scramble Switch. I am probably going to try to run it with Computer Search and an extra VS seeker, even though I think that is less than ideal.

@Laurier_Ex We have to do this thing tomorrow. I have a league cup Saturday and going to Comicpalooza on Sunday. I get home from school around 3:00 P.M CST. With chores and stuff, I'll be available after 5 P.M CST.

First 9 games, 6 out of 9. One I horribly misplayed and should have won. There is no doubt that it has the same sort of first turn donk power that most Latios EX decks have...the longer the game goes on, the less chance you have to win. It is a fun change of pace for me, but I don't know that it can hold up against stronger decks.

I am ready whenever.

I'm guessing you will want a rematch given that you could not draw a card and i won the best of 3. I'll let you think about what you wan't to try next. Sorry i am being cocky too bad luck was on my side once more.

Best of luck for your event tomorrow.

Last edited:
Well, gg bro. I will play with you anytime. I will be off for bed now, it is getting late.

GL for your event once again. I will wait for your "Post of Shame". I was keeping my Hoopa SL as a surprise attacker but i did not need to use it. I only seen Gx pokemon apart from Rockruff where you playing Baby Buzzwole?

@Laurier_Ex has beaten me. I lost to Ninja box with Buzzwole Lycanroc 2-1. I thought for sure I had the game in the third game when all he had was a naked Machamp EX on the field. But Ninja Boy turned it into a Mewtwo and was able to steal the game right out from under me.
Not only that, Laurier never seemed to be in a card drought whereas I was working with 3 Energy and dead cards for 3 turns in the game I didn't win. I'm not counting game one because I didn't get to play because Unown was Ninja boy'd into Pheromosa and killed my lone remoraid :). I'm genuinely not salty. I'm happy you were able to prove yourself with your own deck.

I will however point out that he did know my deck choice in the matchup, which did make it extremely easy to counter. I mention this because you can't do that with all matchups.

GG @Laurier_Ex , you earned that FA Buzzwole.

You are a gentleman. Too bad this is not Pay Per View. Everyone is betting on you so you got a lot of pressure friend.

My guy all my Poker Chips are on you, you better win it. Ninja Boi decks are OP, I cannot wait to hear that you won.

Not only that, Laurier never seemed to be in a card drought whereas I was working with 3 Energy and dead cards for 3 turns in the game I didn't win.

I draw into 3 DCE from the start so i was in a awkward situation. I did not fell like i was in imediate danger still because i had some options to play with. I could've Ninja Boy into Hoopa SL in order to stall you off for a bit until i got things going and force you into finding a basic Pokemon to deal with it. I decided i could afford playing around Shaymin-Ex for a few turns since i wanted to keep the option of using Jolteon-Ex opened and in order to do so i needed to get rid of the Rockruff. In regards to this second game you won, i should have Ninja Boy into Hoopa SL instead of Glaceon-Ex. I totally forgot about Beast Ring.

I will however point out that he did know my deck choice in the matchup, which did make it extremely easy to counter. I mention this because you can't do that with all matchups.

Ninja Box as strengths and weaknesses. Its main strength is that it has more tech options than any other decks (the other one is that your opponent has not clue what tricks you have up your sleeve and no one has practice against the deck since no one uses it apart from myself). I definitely made it very hard for you by including cards that improved my match up by a significant margin. You were overconfident and underestimated this aspect of the deck. While some decks are harder to deal with, you have the option to raise your win% against most match ups. In regards to the BuzzRock matchup, switching up Tauros-Gx for Pheromosa-Gx is enough to make a significant difference since you can donk both Remoraid and Rockruff and later on you can easily OHKO Lycanrock-Gx. I used Mewtwo Evo in this last game in order to take you out because i was able to hit the numbers but this was not the only option i had by the time. I definitely knew what my chances were against your deck and i have to say they were pretty good.

For those wondering what was the list i used, check the spoiler below (the list i actually played contained 2 Machamp copies but that was a mistake from my part while making the list).

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Hoopa SLG 55
* 1 Ralts BUS 91
* 1 Machamp-EX AOR 90
* 1 Regirock PR-XY XY49
* 1 Gallade BKT 84
* 1 Pheromosa-GX UPR 140
* 1 Jolteon-EX GEN 28
* 1 Mewtwo EVO 51
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 2 Unown AOR 30
* 1 Glaceon-EX FCO 20

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 2 Mallow GRI 127
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Scramble Switch PLS 129
* 1 Korrina FFI 95
* 1 Fairy Garden FCO 100
* 3 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 1 Field Blower GRI 163
* 2 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 1 Sky Field ROS 89
* 3 Pokémon Communication BLW 99
* 1 Rare Candy SUM 129

##Energy - 11

* 1 Beast Energy {*} FLI 117
* 2 Rainbow Energy SUM 137
* 4 Prism Energy NXD 93
* 4 Double Colorless Energy XY 130

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Back