• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Nightmare Gear - Klinklang/Stuff

Alan

No Items. Not Ever.
2nu4paq.png
Hello everyone! This deck is inspired by a deck I suppose was created by Isaac Soto, a player from Indiana I think. Anyways, a pal of mine showed me a match video of this deck in action. it looked cool, so I've built something like it.

Pokemon
3 Klinklang BW
3 Klink (1BW / 2DEX)
2 Darkrai EX DEX
2 Mewtwo EX NXD
2 Terrakion NVI
1 Sigilyph DRX

Trainers

4 Rare Candy
4 Ultra Ball
3 Heavy Ball
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Tool Scrapper
3 Max Potion
3 Eviolite
1 Super Rod

4 N
4 Juniper
3 Skyla

Energy

4 Prism
4 Blend WFLM
4 Dark

Things I want to add:+1 Eviolite
Alternatives- 1 Keldeo EX, -2 Dark.

This is one of those decks where you play what you need when you need it. It works similarly to Darkrai/Hydreigon but in a much wider perspective. You can have energy all around and free retreat all around by Moving energies and using Darkrai's ability. Tool Scrapper keeps you from losing to Garbodor decks/techs. this deck is highly relient on it's abilites so they are key to the success. Your main offense will be Darkrai and Terrakion, while Sigilyph is for walling and beating Keldeo decks. Mewtwo becomes very powerful later in the game since you can move energy to it and deal massive damage (if they're mewtwo is gone, of course.) Klinklang's attack is OK if you're lucky, too. This deck does not need dark energy, but it keeps Klinklang from being catcher'd and destroyed. You usually only need 1 in play, maybe 2 so it is important to have it able to retreat. WIth Lucky flips, though, Klinklang is good to go! You'll still need to retreat it, though. Max Potion is fantastic in this deck and let's you keep on trucking even when you're already hurt.

RE: Klinklang/Stuff

You have a good start, but there are some things I would change.
-2 Terrakion
+1 Terrakion EX
Big basics are better for this deck.

-1 Mewtwo EX
You only really need one, considering how conservative you want to be with your energy.

+2 Keldeo EX
Must-have card for this deck. He's a pretty good attacker, a counter to Landorus, and, combined with Darkrai and Prism, gives Klinklang free retreat.
Going off that, -2 Dark. You can't move it with Klinklang=useless.

+2 Cheren
For consistancy.

-1-2 Tool Scrapper
-1 Rare Candy
-1 Heavy Ball
-2 Eviolite (optional)
+1 Catcher
+1 Max Potion
+1 Computer Search
+1 Tropical Beach
+1-2 Attackers
The trainers are kinda superfluous. You need to max out Catcher and Max Potion, you have to have an ACE SPEC, and Tropical Beach is amazingly great recovery. The attackers are to take advantage of all the different kinds of energy and hit for weakness. I suggest Landorus EX (to help with the Rayeels matchup) and I personally like Black Kyurem EX because with Keldeo and Darkrai you can hit for 150 continuously.

Hope this helps.

Well, usually a 2HKO on Terrakion EX is the same as one on Terrakion. So I don't really see much of a benefit to it. And I don't want to buy too many max potions, so theres that. I don't have another catcher, but If I get one i'll add it. I don't have a beach so... yeah. I also have the 3 Scrappers since most people prepare for 2.

Thanks for the advice. I will try to get Keldeos for this deck.

No offese Lumos... But that idea is just bull crap. Trust me, Terrakion > Terrakion EX.

The list is looking amazing, just a few changes actually.
-1 Ultra Ball
You have heavy ball, and drawing to search out most of your stuff. This isn't needed.
+1 Eviolite
You need this to get these Mewtwo wars heavy in your favor, and this also helps Sigilyph from being OHKO''d by a non EX attacker.

-1 Sigilyph
Just one is plenty enough, it gives you time to set up, and can KO most EX's super easily.
+1 Keldeo EX
This takes care of Landorus EX, which currently likes to sit around the Mewtwo and lol as it takes cheap prizes. I'd seriously suggest using this.

That's all I got. LMK how this deck does.

Why? Terrakion Ex, while giving up more prizes, has more HP. That means less 1-hit KOs, and that means your energy isn't sucked away, which is a huge problem. Have you played the deck before,becuase if so, I'd like to hear your reasoning.

Ok, well first off, Terrakion EX still gets OHKO'd by Shaymin EX when you've taken two prize cards, making it give up more prize cards, and with the recent winnage of Blastoise/Keldeo more and more decks are running Shaymin EX. Then you have the issue of not being able to hit for 90 (180 to Darkrai) with only 2 energy, making it harder for a Mewtwo to come along and give issue's, when Terrakion EX does that for 3. You also have the issue of needing that 90 damage (180 to Darkrai) for winning games, but only have 2 energy left in your hand, which makes you lose more often. This deck has no issue's with energy being sucked away, I've played with it before, as long as you keep Hammertime down, you should be able to win games.

BTW I play this deck along with Ho Oh, and trust me, I know it pretty well.

That is all true, if there are lots of Shaymin in your area. There are very little where I am, so its not an issue. What happens if you go against Keldeo/Blastoise, then? If you have Terrakion on the field, it's pretty much an easy Ko, and is completely useless. I think Terrakion EX is much better in all ways unless Shaymin, because you shouldn't ever have only one or two energy on the field past turn four with Klinklang up.

Love, love, lovin' this deck Alan. I'll offer my advice!

- x3 Metal energy

+ x1 Super Rod
+ x1 Keldeo EX
+ x1 Dark Energy

Super Rod is always a great way to get back Pokemon you need in a pinch and Keldeo EX for obvious reasons. I really don't see metal too necessary as you are playing prism energy. Other than that I'd agree this list is rockin'! This deck and Hydreigon are my favorites right now.

Side Note: I'd have to agree with Martini here, Terrakion NVI is the way to go. While Terrakion EX can attach 2 basic energy cards it you don't need it as this deck mostly plays special energy. It does the same damage as Terrakion NVI but with the con of 2 more prizes when there really shouldn't be a need for that.

Terrakion EX doesn't get OHKO'd by Hydreigon, the key match up you'll actually be relying on Terrakion. You still hit for 90, you just need an extra energy, but since you can move energies around however you like, that shouldn't be too much of an issue. If you play conservatively (and if you're playing this deck, you kind of have to), you shouldn't have any problems with not being able to come up with three energies from somewhere.

Thanks everyone. I have super rod so I could put that in. Keldeo is now on my priority list thanks for everything! Until then, I will just run a couple of darks.

And about the Terrakion, there isn't really anything better about the EX one. Anything (meta) that 2HKOs Terra EX 2HKOs Terrakion bar some hyper-powered mewtwo.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
Thanks everyone. I have super rod so I could put that in. Keldeo is now on my priority list thanks for everything! Until then, I will just run a couple of darks.

And about the Terrakion, there isn't really anything better about the EX one. Anything (meta) that 2HKOs Terra EX 2HKOs Terrakion bar some hyper-powered mewtwo and Keldeo.

Eviolite changes the numbers in your math, but it's not the 2HKO's you need to worry about; it's the OHKO's.

I Have Mewtwo and Sigilyph that can handle keldeo if my Terra gets killed. Keldeo isn't a threat to this deck really.

Don't forget Hydreigon! You don't have to use Terrakion EX, just remember that Hydreigon is a threat.

Hmmm... Hydreigon does seem like a problem. should I really be worried though? I think the Darkrai player wouldnt want to sacrifice so many dark energy since most darkrai decks only run around 8.

I would also like to add that the player will probably be reluctant to super charge his keldeo because of Mewtwo.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
Hmmm... Hydreigon does seem like a problem. should I really be worried though? I think the Darkrai player wouldnt want to sacrifice so many dark energy since most darkrai decks only run around 8.

They will for Terrakion. It's either giving up three energies and two prizes or two energies and no prizes (maybe one if you're able to hit 150) . Let's say you used Retaliate to OHKO Darkrai. That means you only need one more energy to use Land Crush, and you could even already have it on the field just waiting to be shifted onto Terrakion next turn if they don't take a KO, and try to 2HKO it with Darkrai. Land crush is coming.

Plus, they can always Dark Patch them back on (it's only two energies per Terrakion).

Cooltrainer Alan said:
I would also like to add that the player will probably be reluctant to super charge his keldeo because of Mewtwo.

They probably won't, but just one more on Keldeo OHKO's Terrakion without Eviolite and not Terrakion EX.

In the end, the choice is yours; I would just like to inform you of the ins and outs of both.

Cooltrainer Alan said:

Trust me I do this all the time, I run 5 dark, 4 GFDP blend and 3 Prism. Let's say I only need to discard 2 energy to OHKO you Terrakion/Klinklang/Finishing off Keldeo that has 30 damage from a previous Night Sphere, I will con of losing 2 dark (remember doesn't have to be basic dark) for that OHKO on a revenge Terrakion that has 2 energy on it or Klinklang to trap your energy onto the Pokemon you have them on. Hydreigon can be very frustrating some times so that's why you need to kill it the first chance you can. If someone is good at deck making.

Yeah, I cant imagine beating dienos early would be too hard. I will have to see. Maybe I could add Rayquaza DV? just brainstorming.

Updated the OP with my Current list. I think I'm pretty tight on space right now but that is mostly because I can't afford a Keldeo right now since I want a Darkrai FA because Darkrai FA.

I would want my basics metal so you can move them all around.

Oh and regular rayquaza is amazing in klingklang. I highly reccomend it

Hmmm... I used to have it in here actually, but since my list is realllly tight on space right now I don't think i have room for it. and Dragon Pulse is good T1 but Like I said, the tight list makes it risky. the only thing I could remove is Tool Scrapper but I like running 3 since most people expect 2.

Back