NHL Discussion Topic - Your preferred teams and how they are doing

Chrono

Ragin' Cajun
I'm a big hockey fan and I noticed a thread like this for football. I felt hockey deserved one as well, so here I am!
My favorite is the Washing Capitals. We're gonna win it all this year, you just wait.

So...what's YOUR favorite?

RE: Favorite Hockey Team

I too like Nashville Predators. They are awesome and are always a treat to watch them playing.

Hi there!

We don't permit favorite threads, as they have no discussional value. Therefore, I've changed your thread into a discussion topic covering the NHL as a whole. Please follow suit of the NBA/NFL threads as far as your posts are concerned. Remember, that simply listing the name of a team is considered spam, you are expected to create posts that generate thought and discussion.

Thanks so much! :]

Elite Stride said:
We don't permit favorite threads, as they have no discussional value.

But we do have a forum for them lol. Yup, sure do.~ES Then technically, we do permit them... Not in the general forums, you gotta read in context. :p You didn't specify the specific forum at all, so honestly there was no context. >_>

Anyway, my favorite team is obviously the Phoenix Coyotes. I'm disappointed that we've started this season pretty abysmally though. It's going to be hard to gain ground this season since it's been shortened too. I can only hope that we make it as far as we did last year but that seems hard to do.

dmaster out.

My preferred team is the Capitals, and I'm used to them being the only good DC sports team, however, this year it's been quite the contrary -- the Redskins winning their division and the Nationals finishing with the best regular season record in the MLB. I'm really disappointed in the Capitals though, for too long they've had a great regular season, but a terrible post season, but it looks like the caps won't even make the post season this year.

Go Oilers Go!

Such a shame they've been losing so many games though. I really wish they would just make a trade for some sort of superstar player to get some offense. With such a short season, I sure hope they find a way to make the playoffs. Havn't seen them there since that magical run. :(

They arn't doing too well? Pfft they're ripping it up out there with Nazem Kadri in their playoff spot! The Oilers are the ones who are really stinking it up. It's just so frustrating to watch the same weak team over and over. I can't wait till the big shake up occurs. Whenever that'll be...

I'm a huge Minnesota Wild fan. Unfortunately we hit a slump this year after a strong mid season and ended up facing Chicago for the first round of playoffs. However, now that we have added Suter and Parise, and a few rising young players with a new FULL (hopefully) year a head of us I am very hopeful next year is our year!

Ekklesia said:
I'm a huge Minnesota Wild fan. Unfortunately we hit a slump this year after a strong mid season and ended up facing Chicago for the first round of playoffs. However, now that we have added Suter and Parise, and a few rising young players with a new FULL (hopefully) year a head of us I am very hopeful next year is our year!

I must say that Parise is a beast.
Wish he was a Capital :p

Yess this thread is alive! NHL threads always seems to die out in Pokemon forums. So how's everyone enjoying the playoffs? I'm hoping for some upsets. Detroit is doing their job. Now if only the "Pesky Sens" could do the same. But man oh man, those Penguins are definitely tough!

I have never lived outside of the San Fransisco Bay Area.
Therefore I support the Sharks.

The Sharks are the only team left that I would like to see win this year. I just really hope the Penguins don't manage to make it though. I havn't paid much attention to Boston but I think it's impressive how far they've gone without Tim Thomas!

ForeignDude said:
The Sharks are the only team left that I would like to see win this year. I just really hope the Penguins don't manage to make it though. I haven't paid much attention to Boston but I think it's impressive how far they've gone without Tim Thomas!

I agree with ya on the Pengiuns cause they gotta face Boston in the ECF. (I hope Boston wins it cause with the way they're playing right now, they're playing just like they did in 2011).

Plus Thomas was taking a year off anyways (not to meantion Rask has stepped in nicely as a replacement)

And the Sharks might "MIGHT" have a chance since they just forced a game 7 with the Kings.(Kinda thought the Sharks were done after the way the Kings manhandled them early in the series but the Sharks kept coming back, Bruins and Sharks for the Cup this year)

EDIT: As usual the Sharks blew it like always they're the Western Conference version of the Capitals. Looks like I'm going with Boston vs LA for the cup.

Well, so much for the Sharks!

They were the last team I was rooting for that was left. Now I dunno who to cheer for. I guess anybody but the Penguins? Ehhh maybe I'll root for Detroit. They had a nice season without Lidstrom.

The Boston Bruins are 1 win away from the Stanely Cup Finals with a 2OT win over the Penguins.

I wonder if Iginla is rethinking about that trade to the Pens?

lol No kidding! It's funny how often those types of scenarios occur in the playoffs. A recent one that comes into mind is Hossa leaving the Penguins to join Detroit only to lose to the Penguins LOL!

I was working late today but I was so happy to see that when I got home double overtime was about to begin. Pretty amazing that Boston is 3-0. If they get swept I wonder if they'll make any drastic changes. I'm sure Iginla won't be back with them.

ForeignDude said:
I was working late today but I was so happy to see that when I got home double overtime was about to begin. Pretty amazing that Boston is 3-0. If they get swept I wonder if they'll make any drastic changes. I'm sure Iginla won't be back with them.

I hope Iginla comes to Boston (then if we win this year we'll be sure to repeat as Cup Champions again).

And the LA Kings are starting to get their mojo back after winning the last game (they're still down 2-1 to the Blackhawks, still hoping for Boston-LA Cup matchup altho Chicago-Boston wouldn't hurt since they are a part of the Original 6).

EDIT: Blackhawks won again on the Kings home ice so they lead the series 3-1. (looks like it might be 2 Original 6 teams going at it for the cup a fitting end soon to be the final season under the current division alignment.)

2nd Edit: Boston swept Pittsburgh with a 1-0 win heading back to the Stanely Cup Finals for the 2nd time in 2 years, now onto the Western Conf. Finals.

Ah man. I missed both elimination games due to work. Well, should be an exciting finals! Here's hoping for some offensive explosions on both sides!

On a non-playoff note. I see that Sergei Gonchar was traded. I thought trades couldn't be done during the playoffs?

ForeignDude said:
Ah man. I missed both elimination games due to work. Well, should be an exciting finals! Here's hoping for some offensive explosions on both sides!

Yea there's no way the Blackhawks are gonna beat the B's not with the type of hockey that Boston is playing at the moment, this will be a much easier series for the Bruins than the 11 Stanely Cup Finals.

Bruins in 5-6 games.

As a Pens fan, I am in dire support of Chicago. That said, in reality, Boston is playing great hockey right now. The hawks will have their hands full in this series.

Back