Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Chandelure

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 36 32.7%

• Total voters
2-1-2 Gardevoir would be good! U can get energy out, then the cost 2. That's a great strategy. Could u PM me the skeleton?

Sry, REVoLT Is Regigigas/reuniclus E is for EX V for Vileplume, L for Landorus and T for Terrakion.

Right now my main deck is EelZone, but I may try a CaKE varient or a Mewtwo EX varient sometime soon.

I'm only stuck with one deck right now being KyuremGatr and it's Tier 2 at best, just like how I was last format with SP's roaming around when I ran decks like Mother Gengar, FlyChamp, and Charizard. I had other good decks that did very well, one in which was Metal Blastoise. It's been so long since I actually enjoyed playing competitively in the Pokemon TCG. I did alright with CaKE in one Cities event going 3-2 but it was one of those decks where I didn't have the required skill to run and play correctly even though I have been harshly criticized for tearing it apart after I went 0-3 with it at another Cities event cause I was paired with horrible matchups and an improper decklist.

I want to try EelZone but I got a bad feeling that it's too easily countered with all the {F} in the current format with anything running Donphan and Machamp nowadays let alone a Terrakion tech. With the current format as it stands being HGSS-NV it's horrible, any deck I want to run where most of whatever I run is x2 Weak to everything. Decks like The Truth, Donphan and Dragons, and 6 Corners are bad for the format cause they are designed to counter every matchup and top cuts everytime (well almost anyway). I don't think players realize how frustrating this current format is even though I'll admit is pretty fun at times.

Too many Basics overpowering Evolutions, Catcher making specific Evolution decks obsolete, and you're sort of already seeing the kind of instability that has plagued
Yu-Gi-Oh! since the Chaos Era of Chaos Emperor Dragon and Yata-Garasu. Now don't get me wrong Pokemon hasn't gotten as bad as Yu-Gi-Oh! at least not yet anyway. I get heavily criticized for my views of the direction of how the Pokemon TCG is going, heck I could go as far to say that I am the most hated member on PokeBeach or throw me into exile like the dispicable lowlife I am. I want it to be better but I still want to stay in the game cause I enjoy playing even though it's hard to build something that actually stands a chance in this format right now. I can see Mewtwo EX in the new set giving some people headaches.

I think Next Destinies is proving to be a glimmer of hope for me at least in terms of having decks that can actually win games now instead of being stuck in this really bad Rock/Paper/Scissors battle that feels like it's being shoved down my throat that I cannot avoid no matter what. I'm tired of losing to good decks and winning against bad decks like what happened with me in the Naruto CCG before Bandai started doing Set Rotations, I want to actually show that I don't suck as a player in this format but I think part of it also has to do with the Economy and multitasking in other TCG/CCG's or something. Yeah I need to get some sleep, my crankiness is showing in this post though and I have insomnia... -____-

Next destinies will make everything harder to play. EXS will be w/ eviolite probly so most stuffs gonna suck soon. My Landorus-Machamp will survive, probably, ive designed it to counter EXS, though ill probly switch to 6 Corners for tourneys. What's this "Tier 2" bsiness that ur talking bout?

Tier 2 business? Each deck in the format is ranked by how good and popular they are regardless of TCG/CCG, the best decks in the format that have the highest percentage of wins in overall tournaments are Tier 1 while decks that struggle behind Tier 1 decks that still have very good win percentages but don't really break the mold due to dominant decks in the format are considered Tier 2.

Tier 3 and below is usually specified towards decks that are mainly geared towards Casual or League play but aren't good enough to be competitive in said format. Maybe that clears things up for you. But yeah the new Pokemon EX's seem to make alot of decks that currently exist in the format much harder to play, mainly effecting Tier 2 decks in general while Tier 1 decks like The Truth and 6 Corners get a huge boost from the next set overall.

I think a better question to this thread is what popular decks in the current format right now will survive Post-Next Destinies. I'm really hoping that EelZone and KyuremGatr survives but I guess we will have to wait and see I guess. I'm just tired of tearing apart decks that I hope are good enough to be competitive in this format only to tear them apart again while wasting more and more money and not saving money in the process.

alexmf2 said:
That cheap deck is tier 1.

Not too sure about that, most decks have a fast and reliable counter, even with Weaviles/ Crushing Hammers running around. But yes, it is a great cheap deck to run. I'd say tier 1.5.

solprps said:
RDLBoar bring it on Mewtwo!!!

Won't matter since Mewtwo EX can setup faster and X-Ball RDL for 2 prizes. I've seen one of my friends playtest Mewtwo EX and she got like 3-4 DCE's attached to it for
X-Ball and she didn't even pop Electrode to attach them on there at all. Her opponent was running MagneBoar and beat it flat when he wasn't able to take a SINGLE PRIZE CARD!

Yeah, DCE + Mewtwo EX is pretty stupid. That and Skyarrow Bridge giving any
Basics with 1 retreat free retreat, although I've yet to see Celebi Prime use Time Circle effectively in that deck like it's supposed to so maybe Electrode Prime needs to be ran in that deck for better accel. 170 HP is pretty stupid on a Basic Pokemon but at least you get 2 prizes for KO'ing it.

Yeah that was the deck she was playing that had proxies in, and it beat MagneBoar flat. How is Celebi/Tornadus/Mewtwo (CTM) against The Truth? Is it a favorable matchup?

Please please please don't call it CTM. I hate acronym names for decks (ZPST much). I like the name Leaf Hurricane A LOT. Anyways, it beats google pretty easily,Mewtwo, Regigigas, and Shaymin all make the matchup really easy.

I like "Leaf Hurricane", CTM, whatever. A guy was playing it at league, today. He also was using 1 regigigas in it. Also, someone try Reshiphlosion with mewtwo. It PWNS!

Back