• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

NewMaker. new Haymaker deck (B/W basics with good attacks)

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob
looking at old Haymaker decks, I'm thinking that the B/W set we're getting has some strong potential to just KO a ton of things.

the pokemon are going to be B/W, but the t/s/s are not. I hope to be able to make it HS-on though.

Pokemon: 13
3 Sawk
1 Maractus
1 Maractus
3 Zekrom
3 Reshiram
2 Boufflant

Energy: 25
4 DCE
2 Rescue
3 Fighting
4 Grass
5 Electric
7 Fire

t/s/s 22
2 Fisherman
4 PONT
2 Energy Search
2 Energy Exchanger
4 Plus power
3 Snowpoint Temple
2 Black belt
3 Collector

just like the old Haymaker decks, single energy card attachments for a fast attacking. no real setup time. just hit before your opponent sets up.

will be ALOT better after Machamp SF and the SP engine gets rotated out.

The reason why haymaker worked so well back in the day was because one energy attacks on high health basics was great for KOing things before they get set up. In this metagame, people get their stage 2's set up on turn 1 easily.

I can see this working with Zekrom, Pachirisu and Shaymin; but you have very little searching. Excluding Fisherman (energy), energy search (energy), energy exchanger (energy), pluspower and blackbelt (damage) and snowpoiint temple (HP) your only 'engine' is collector and Professor oaks new theory.

Maractus (both of them) aren't good in this deck, either.

Since this contains a 60 card decklist, it belongs in the Deck Garage forum.

*Moved*

this is more for after rotation. Since both rare candy will lose alot of its strength, and BTS would be gone. So stage 2's (machamp SF) will not be around, or as big of a threat. This deck needs a wall.. And the grass types would kinda wall at first. But it still needs something better.

^while that may be true what do you do when you face things like donphan prime because it is only 1 turn slower than you and it tanks and hits big for 1 energy?

I plan on stalling. let some pokemon take some hits, then use maractus with gigga drain. since i'll probably have more energy to use that before they can heavy impact.
or, just let them hit Reshiram for 60, then hit them back for 60 after the 20 reduction, let them hit for 60 again, then hit for 120 after poke-body reduction. (using outrage)
or something like that.

Back