New Zygarde-GX and Aether Foundation Employee Promos!

spent 2 and a half hours making the deck list and found out max damage is 29800 as we can only fit and use 3 recycle all cards have explanations next to them
if you or anyone else can find the last spot and show where i made the mistake i will trade the person who finds it 10 sun and moon base set packs on ptcgo but make sure to show where it is so i can see where my mistake is
true max damage in expanded with this gx attack is 29800
##Pokémon - 19

* 1 Unfezant ROS 81(scooped up last turn)(played with lifesplosion cradily)(mew uses this attack to make attack stronger)
* 1 Regirock-EX FCO 43 (played after using super scoop upon last turn) (adds damage)
* 1 diancie prism star (played after using super scoop up on last turn) (adds damage)
* 1 Zygarde gx (attacks for the damage)
* 4 Machamp FFI 46(played with lifesplosion cradily) (adds damage)
* 1 cacnea BKT 4 (moves opponents energy to discard)(can be done with mew) (scooped up before sky field is filled by mew using lifesplosion attack)
* 1 Exeggcute PLF 4 (start this and recycle for the 5 prizes)
* 1 Lileep PLB 3 (evolves for strategy)(can be cycled so opponent reaches 58 hand cards)
* 1 Cradily PLB 4 (scooped up to fit piplup)(sets up stage 2 pokemon)
* 1 Vileplume BCR 3(played with lifesplosion cradily)(makes weakness times 4)
* 1 Magnezone PLS 46(scooped up last turn) (played with lifesplosion cradily)(lets you play ninja boy and iris in same turn)
* 1 Mew-EX PR-XY XY126 (played after using super scoop up)(does the set up attack)
* 1 piplup (evolves for strategy)(last stage 2 you set up)
* 1 prinplup (evolves for strategy)
* 1 empoleon plasma freeze (cycles lileep so you can let opponent reach 58 hand cards)
* 1 Empoleon BKT 38 (adds damage)

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 1 gym badge (infinite draw when needed last turn to redraw the 3 plus power from recycle)
* 1 devolution spray (used to change plasma freeze empoleon to breakthrough empoleon card used second to last turn)
* 1 mt coronet (gets opponents energy back)
* 1 Float Stone PLF 99 (lets you cycle into exeggcute)
* 3 Recycle EPO 96 (gets plus power back)
* 4 PlusPower BLW 96 (adds damage)
* 1 Iris PLB 101 (adds damage)
* 1 rescue stretcher (puts zygarde back in deck for ninja boy)
* 1 Ninja Boy STS 103 (makes mew zygarde)
* 1 Dowsing Machine PLS 128 (gets plus power back)
* 1 Root Fossil Lileep PLB 87 (gets lileep out)
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109 (gets plus power back)
* 1 choice band (adds damage)
* 3 Multi Switch GRI 129 (moves strong energy to zygarde)
* 1 Sky Field ROS 89 (adds bench spots)
* 4 Super Scoop Up SLG 66 (frees up bench spots)

##Energy - 12

* 4 Strong Energy FFI 104 (3 attached to machamp and moved 1 attached last turn)
* 8 Grass Energy HS 115 (6 prized)

against currently Tauros gx snorlax gx kangaskhan ex drampa gx darkrai ex(breakpoint) or audino ex as they attack for colorless energy and are fighting weak

To make this possible, aren't we assuming there is some ridiculous scenario where both players take 5 prize penalty cards? Electrode and Cofagrigus can also give the Opponent prizes. Then, both players draw-pass until they both have their remaining deck cards in their hand.

By using Cradily, we can trim the list down to a minimum core of 46 cards. Without Lileep, we can still fit all the required lines into a minimum core of 56 cards.

Last edited:
To make this possible, aren't we assuming there is some ridiculous scenario where both players take 5 prize penalty cards? Then, both players draw-pass until they both have their remaining deck cards in their hand.

By using Cradily, we can trim the list down to a minimum core of 46 cards. Without Lileep, we can still fit all the required lines into a minimum core of 56 cards.
my list only requires 2 players on ptcgo wanting to do this and the luck to prize 6 specific cards everything else is just time like the video posted where they cycled until they were tired of doing so

that Zygarde GX move is crazy! Would it basically make playing Magnezone/Dusk Mane Necro not worth it?

You can make a zygarde 100/50% deck useing ninja boy to cycle between them cuz there attack cost is the same and bonnie works with both (based on the names we got).
I will surely make a deck out of it
That's what i was thinking. The next set is going to be crazy good!

We're still updating the math, now we're trying to account for Porygon2 from Great Encounters.
Well, considering that this porygon 2 is Unlimited format, NTM Broken Time Space, and Trump Card is banned in Expanded format, but not banned in Unlimited Format. Either way, zygarde is scary.

Hi everyone, sorry I have been away for a bit :)

Zygarde GX 50%

• First attack, well, you can deal 140 to a Zoroark GX with a strong and a choice band attached, but other than that, its pretty bad.

• Second attack, besides the fact that this is the same attack on Zygarde EX but with 20 more damage, Its not that bad! your KOing a Zoroark GX with a choice band attacked, but almost all fighting Pokemon can do that.

GX attack, All absurd damage aside, this is pretty good!

Overall, 3.5/5

Looks at Zygarde GX 100%

Looks at Bonnie

Looks at Zygarde GX 50%

"♫ Ok, Ok, I see what's happening here ♫"

my list only requires 2 players on ptcgo wanting to do this and the luck to prize 6 specific cards everything else is just time like the video posted where they cycled until they were tired of doing so

If you've built the list to help the Opponent get 5 prizes and keep the Energy cards in their hand, might I suggest a different idea?

We keep the core 46 cards with Cradily to ensure we can still do the max damage.

Add a 3-3 line of Cofagrigus to give up 3 prizes, and 1 Karen/Brock's Grit to shuffle them back in and give up 2 more prizes. (2-2 and 3 would also work but it's the same total number of cards requiring potentially more turns)
This gives 53 cards in total.

For the remaining 7 card slots, we can just up the counts of some of the cards that can help consistency.

Up SSU from 3 to 4 (+1)
Up total of Gym Badge and Rollerskates from 1 to 7 (+6)

Even if we took 0 prizes, we could have 6 of these extra cards prized and it wouldn't affect the max damage.

If you've built the list to help the Opponent get 5 prizes and keep the Energy cards in their hand, might I suggest a different idea?

We keep the core 46 cards with Cradily to ensure we can still do the max damage.

Add a 3-3 line of Cofagrigus to give up 3 prizes, and 1 Karen/Brock's Grit to shuffle them back in and give up 2 more prizes. (2-2 and 3 would also work but it's the same total number of cards requiring potentially more turns)
This gives 53 cards in total.

For the remaining 7 card slots, we can just up the counts of some of the cards that can help consistency.

Up SSU from 3 to 4 (+1)
Up total of Gym Badge and Rollerskates from 1 to 7 (+6)

Even if we took 0 prizes, we could have 6 of these extra cards prized and it wouldn't affect the max damage.
spent 2 and a half hours making the deck list and found out max damage is 29800 as we can only fit and use 3 recycle all cards have explanations next to them
if you or anyone else can find the last spot and show where i made the mistake i will trade the person who finds it 10 sun and moon base set packs on ptcgo but make sure to show where it is so i can see where my mistake is
true max damage in expanded with this gx attack is 29800
##Pokémon - 19

* 1 Unfezant ROS 81(scooped up last turn)(played with lifesplosion cradily)(mew uses this attack to make attack stronger)
* 1 Regirock-EX FCO 43 (played after using super scoop upon last turn) (adds damage)
* 1 diancie prism star (played after using super scoop up on last turn) (adds damage)
* 1 Zygarde gx (attacks for the damage)
* 4 Machamp FFI 46(played with lifesplosion cradily) (adds damage)
* 1 Lileep PLB 3 (evolves for strategy)(can be cycled so opponent reaches 58 hand cards)
* 1 Cradily PLB 4 (scooped up to fit piplup)(sets up stage 2 pokemon)
* 1 Vileplume BCR 3(played with lifesplosion cradily)(makes weakness times 4)
* 1 Magnezone PLS 46(scooped up last turn) (played with lifesplosion cradily)(lets you play ninja boy and iris in same turn)
* 1 Mew-EX PR-XY XY126 (played after using super scoop up)(does the set up attack)
* 1 Empoleon BKT 38 (adds damage)

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 1 gym badge (infinite draw when needed last turn to redraw the 3 plus power from recycle)
* 1 Float Stone PLF 99 (lets you cycle into exeggcute)
* 3 Recycle EPO 96 (gets plus power back)
* 4 PlusPower BLW 96 (adds damage)
* 1 Iris PLB 101 (adds damage)
* 1 Ninja Boy STS 103 (makes mew zygarde)
* 1 Dowsing Machine PLS 128 (gets plus power back)
* 1 Root Fossil Lileep PLB 87 (gets lileep out)
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109 (gets plus power back)
* 1 choice band (adds damage)
* 3 Multi Switch GRI 129 (moves strong energy to zygarde)
* 1 Sky Field ROS 89 (adds bench spots)
* 3 Super Scoop Up SLG 66 (frees up bench spots)

##Energy - 12

* 4 Strong Energy FFI 104 (3 attached to machamp and moved 1 attached last turn)
* 8 Grass Energy HS 115 (6 prized)

against currently Tauros gx snorlax gx kangaskhan ex drampa gx darkrai ex(breakpoint) or audino ex as they attack for colorless energy and are fighting weak

cards cut
* 1 Super Scoop Up SLG 66 (frees up bench spots)
* 1 cacnea BKT 4 (moves opponents energy to discard)(can be done with mew) (scooped up before sky field is filled by mew using lifesplosion attack)
* 1 Exeggcute PLF 4 (start this and recycle for the 5 prizes)
* 1 piplup (evolves for strategy)(last stage 2 you set up)
* 1 prinplup (evolves for strategy)
* 1 empoleon plasma freeze (cycles lileep so you can let opponent reach 58 hand cards)
* 1 rescue stretcher (puts zygarde back in deck for ninja boy)
* 1 mt coronet (gets opponents energy back)
* 1 devolution spray (used to change plasma freeze empoleon to breakthrough empoleon card used second to last turn)
9 cards

cards added
1 karen
3 coffigrigous
3 yamask
1 recycle
8 cards and got the last 40 damage from recycling the plus power
only problem is your opponent cant reach 58 card hand and you need at least 2 cards to reach it you need the 4th super scoop up again and a card like togepi roaring skies and forces your mew to attack darkrai as it is the only one to be resisted but still brings you to a 61 card deck for max damage and again mine is for ptcgo where you cant get a prize penalty and get your last combo card from the prizes

Riddle me this if the opponent has 58 energies in their hand and a dark or normal Pokemon active with no attachments how did they take 5 prizes.
There is an answer but it makes choice band not work
greedy dice+missing clover
you can also knock out your own pokemon with attacks that do recoil damage
if choice band doesn't work then you can use muscle band

greedy dice+missing clover
you can also knock out your own pokemon with attacks that do recoil damage
if choice band doesn't work then you can use muscle band
Both of those are wrong
Missing clovers and greedy dice would make the deck zygarde is against have 8 less energy
And attacks that do recoil deal damage to the target and the target would likely die b4 5 prizes were taken.
Someone allready gave a decent answer and that is the zygarde deck destroys 5 electrodes allowing opponent to take the necessary prizes. However I'm not convinced that a 54 card deck fit that among other things

I'm so excited at the possibility of a FA Aether Foundation Employee card... It wouldn't quite reach the amount of excitement that I have for the Ultra Recon Squad FA, but I'd still have to pick it up regardless.

Oh, Zygarde GX 50% is cool too, I guess. Sort of sucks that you can't have 4x 100% Zygarde GX and 4x 50% Zygarde GX, but w/e

Very awful gx attack, unless you are playing peeking red card, team skull grunt or have Gumshoos gx in play :/

GX seems good enough to make people potentially adjust their energies like Guardian rising Garb which to me is enough to warrant it existing.

I dunno, if it becomes popular enough which I doubt (for reasons I'll go into momentarily), I cant imagine it having much of an impact on the overall energy ratio, or playstyle (ie discard toolboxes).

While 50% Zygarde GX has insane potential to do catastrophic damage, although all it takes is two energy cards in the opponents hand to KO almost every card in the game, I feel like currently it wouldn't be a powerful attack, and I can't imagine it being a huuuuge thing in the future. It can be easily played around, for one, and you have potential to totally whiff the GX attack. You may argue that you could use something like Peeking Red Card or Gumshoos GX to properly time the attack, but that's dedicating a lot of resources to a mediocre attack that only works if your opponent hasn't seen this card before (or doesn't have ways to discard certain cards, or any number of other ways to get rid of energy in their hand).

On top of that, 100% Zygarde GX outclasses 50% in almost every way. It has more HP, energy acceleration, and a super heavy hitting non-GX attack. Of course, you can keep swinging with the GX attack thanks to Bonnie (and with the help of Lusamine, recycle your Bonnies), which would give you damage immunity from GX/EX Pokemon as long as you can keep that chain going- and of course, this applies to 50% as well. But, because the cards share the same name, you might need to run a 2-2 setup for 50% and 100%, but that's... Not too great. Running 50% reliably requires either a huge gamble and a waste of your Bonnies, unless you dedicate the deck space of suboptimal Items.

Running 4x 100% is going to be far more efficient and disruptive than "maybe they'll have energies, maybe I'll OHKO..." so I really don't imagine 50% having much presence outside of some really weird niche deck. It counters Guzzlord GX solo decks, I guess?

I agree with a lot of the points you make, but honestly never thought of Zygarde 50 as more than a tech with the other since it's only useful in situational circumstances. However, I do feel as a one off it's not a bad card, albeit slow, as the second attack is ok.

Both of those are wrong
Missing clovers and greedy dice would make the deck zygarde is against have 8 less energy
And attacks that do recoil deal damage to the target and the target would likely die b4 5 prizes were taken.
Someone allready gave a decent answer and that is the zygarde deck destroys 5 electrodes allowing opponent to take the necessary prizes. However I'm not convinced that a 54 card deck fit that among other things
that´s less damage you do because of less energy in your opponent´s hand
you can cut 2 plus powers and 3 energy for the pokemon who do recoil damage
also, some alolan pokemon do damage for no energy
electrode also cuts more energy for your opponent so...
electrode is more efficient
there´s also a milotic card from (i think XY) that does a similar thing to electrode
i think you putting pokemon in your deck that do recoil damage is the best awnser,
that pokemon can be a fire pokemon
your opponent plays a 1-1 arqanid line
and that´s just more energy your opponent has

Back