News New XY Trainer Kit Featuring Pikachu Libre and Suicune!

Honestly, I'm sad that there aren't better cards in these decks.
Not worth buying IMO.

Also, Pokemon Center vending machine?
They have those?
Where?

This makes me really happy. Since my sister and I play Pokken a lot, and her main is Suicune, and my main is Libre, this will be the perfect gift for her(Mainly because I want to get her into competitive TCG).

Its only worth buying one of these trainer kits to teach people how to play (Give them the winning side). Only trading card stores that are trying to popularize PTCG should own these.

Pokken tournament cards. Awesome! Where is my Chandelure forward weak attack laser spam thingy attack! I get you are supposed to keep the cards in a certain order for learning purposes, but "Dont shuffle your deck" makes me laugh. Pokemon. Not shuffling decks since.. well I don't know when. 2016 it is.

I find it funny that in any trading card game, a person who knows how to play the game would say a product, that is meant to be for people who don't know how to play the game, sucks. It's as if they want every single product tailor made for them.

I can see how they are sort of useless. Magic had a similar product before, but they stopped making those.

Pokken tournament cards. Awesome! Where is my Chandelure forward weak attack laser spam thingy attack! I get you are supposed to keep the cards in a certain order for learning purposes, but "Dont shuffle your deck" makes me laugh. Pokemon. Not shuffling decks since.. well I don't know when. 2016 it is.
It's funny because young kids don't shuffle properly sometimes and get accused of "declumping". Are they causing this problem by not letting them learn how to shuffle?

Wasn't gonna buy but darn that art is just amazing. Competitive wise it's junk but the art on Suicune and Pikachu Libre... Buying their singles on eBay.

...Damn it. Having so few Trainers in a Trainer Kit makes them a god-awful teaching tool. Trainers are arguably the most important cards in the game, and you should be learning how to use them. Sure, some things, like Stadiums or even Tools, don't need to be here, but a couple more Items wouldn't hurt, would they? Even like Town Map, Energy Retrieval, (Max) Revive or SWITCH. I guess a large number of Items use coin flips or shuffle the deck, which prevents their being included, but still. And realistically, they could include such cards anyway, and just put them in the post-guided duel portion of the deck. Worked for the HGSS Trainer Kit. (And probably others.)

Also, wow... Pikachu Libre would probably be the worst Pikachu card in the format even if its name were actually "Pikachu". OK, it's better than the Furious Fists one, but still, it's really bad, even for a beginner. At least Suicune's kinda usable for a beginner, even if they'll outgrow it quickly.

And darn, my farfetched hopes of there being a rotation that takes out Roaring Skies (yeah, I know that wasn't going to happen) are dead. Damn you, Manectric. (Roaring Skies being the most recent Manectric card, and likely the one in here.) I'd have been fine with a small format, especially with Generations being a thing. (And it would cut a lot of the speed cards, slowing down the format significantly, which it certainly needs at the moment.)

Is this deck usable in tournaments online? Even if it were, it doesn't sound like a worthwhile one.

What about the Latios/Latias deck? Is that usable online for tournaments as well? I'm assuming that one's no better, though?

Thanks!

I just wish this came with some more playable cards. The only trainers are potion and tierno? I suppose this is just for collectors to get that pikachu Libre lol

Good. Suicune's Weakness is lightning. We need more of this instead of making all Water types weak to Grass.

Good. Suicune's Weakness is lightning. We need more of this instead of making all Water types weak to Grass.
I kind of agree on that a bit but they did it to give Grass a slight buff due to the fact Lightning had Water and the vast array of part flying types and grass only had a handful of fighting types to hit for weakness. Also it kinda makes the main 3 types a cycle again, which is what they've always intended.

Back