new VVV replacement

Random Numbers

creeper FTW!
With the death of V VV, a new idea would be Celebi and gothitelle.
Using Celebi, you can attack, switch, then put up gothitelle with trainer lock.
What do you think?

Infinity

Soccer Mom
@Your Master
lololwut

@random numbers
Just because it has trainer lock doesn't mean it's close to VVV.

Emperor

???
You can still use Vanilluxe + Victini, but obviously lack of Vileplume means that Switch will wreck this, but not every deck runs a heavy amount of Switch and with Junk Arm rotating out, grabbing it in clutch situations (if it was already used) is no longer possible.

Accelgor becomes alot harder to run without Mew Prime and Pokemon Collector to be able to lost zone Accelgor to make streaming Deck & Cover easier. You can still run it with Mew EX, but your list needs to be perfect for this to run efficiently. I've had no experience with the deck so i can't comment much on it.

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
593462 said:
@ infinity
that's an insult to me. I'm not random numbers.

@your master
which victini?
If you're going to get all offended over that, you might as well start calling things by their correct name too. I assume you're referring to Celebi-EX, not Celebi since all modified format Celebi will be rotated alongside Vileplume. I just spent five minutes looking through all the scans to make sure. :l

Also, you seem to be ignoring the fact that there were countless other (better) Item lock variants. Vileplume/Accelgor/Chandelure/Mew/Darkrai-EX, Vileplume/Reuniclus, and Vileplume/Chandelure all saw significantly more success than VVV did. The fact that a deck you came up happens to lock Trainers won't make it the new VVV, which was a Vileplume variant that specifically focused on preventing the opponent from ever damaging you and was known for being very flip-reliant, unlike the Accelgor/Chandelure version which did the same thing without flips.

Regarding your original strategy, Celebi-EX won't be released for another three months in most countries so your strategy isn't tournament-legal yet. There are other cards like Ferrothorn EP and Kyogre-EX you could use instead to be able to play them in real tournaments.

However, there are other better strategies you could play and attempting to create a new VVV is a bit of a lost cause; when rotation happens and/or new sets are released, some strategies and decks inevitably get phased out. It's part of what keeps the game healthy, so you might as well accept it or you'll probably struggle in tournaments.

[/sand=Celebi23]

Random Numbers

creeper FTW!
@ your master
That's ok.

@ celebi23
You've got a point, but why chandelure?
Which one are you talking about?
What kind of Trainers locks are you talking about?
Never seen these before.

Emperor

???
593462 said:
@ your master
That's ok.

@ celebi23
You've got a point, but why chandelure?
Which one are you talking about?
What kind of Trainers locks are you talking about?
Never seen these before.

You started playing pretty recently, eh? (Chandelure NV By the way)

Chandelure/Vileplume is highly outdated now. Back before Next Destinies was released, hitting the 130 mark was difficult to do consistently, so Chandelure wasn't getting OHKO'd very often. The aim for the deck was to use multiple Chandelure and spread damage around the board and score multiple KOs. Vileplume stopped Catcher and Plus Power which ruined the decks set up. The deck could also play Blissey Prime as a healing tech as the only energy most builds ran was Rescue Energy. Dodrio UD helped to retreat Chandelure.

Reuniclus/Vileplume variants were a pretty strong but hard to pilot deck during the early season. The deck was usually paired with Donphan Prime and Blissey Prime which would just tank through everything as hitting for 130+ damage was limited to a few cards which surprising were too inconsistent to use. The deck saw a little bit of play after NED as the combination of high HP EX's and Reuniclus was a good concept.