News New Volcanion and Magearna "Collector Chest" This November!

Kinda tired of the same Pokémon being in the spotlight... Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise, Gardevoir, Gengar... and again, and again... There are a lot of forgotten Pokémon who deserve an EX or something, but here we go, after 10 prints of Garvedoir-EX and its mega, we have the 30th Charizard-EX and mega, Venusaur-EX and mega, Blastoise-EX and mega, now another M Gengar and likely another Gengar-EX will be in the set...

I'm starting to be tired.

So true, I feel you. I'm also done with the thousands of prints of some Pokemon...
I'm still missing Regice Ex, Azelf, Mesprit and Uxie ex (for legendaries). But I think that the AMU-trio will get theirs when DP (Red Diamond & Blue Pearl?) will be revived for 3DS (or the next one). And if Regice Ex is getting a Print in Sun and Moon, every basic Regi got one in the last Generations.

And even Meloetta got a lousy RC-version. And I'm not even starting on all the Mega's we miss.
Hopefully TPCi will do better with Sun/Moon.

They missed some very big opportunities for Gen6:
- Zygarde (formes) and Volcanion where just rushed into the TCG to quickly end the XY-era. I guess with the 20th Anniversary and all they wanted to introduce the 7th Gen before the end of the year. Therefore they released Generations in just an awful way, skipped the CP4 reprint set, etc. I strongly believe if this wasn't the 20th Anniversay we probable got a few more XY sets, including CP4 and a decent introduction of Volcanion and Zygarde. We might even got a Pokemon Z version for 3DS.

Kinda tired of the same Pokémon being in the spotlight... Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise, Gardevoir, Gengar... and again, and again... There are a lot of forgotten Pokémon who deserve an EX or something, but here we go, after 10 prints of Garvedoir-EX and its mega, we have the 30th Charizard-EX and mega, Venusaur-EX and mega, Blastoise-EX and mega, now another M Gengar and likely another Gengar-EX will be in the set...

I think you forgot to mention Mewtwo, who has been far more prominent than Gengar. Not that that invalidates the point in any way shape or form, but I feel Mewtwo should be mentioned.

More importantly it's not new. Gardevoir and Gengar don't usually get the spotlight like they have this tcg generation. But Venusaur, Blastoise, and especially Charizard and Mewtwo, have always been in that position.

But the flipside to that is we'll never all agree on who should have an EX or other special card. IMO the truth is that there are Pokémon who don't get special cards and shouldn't get one (sorry, but looking at you for starters Dunsparce.) and those who some of us feel we should (Suicune EX and Regice EX ringing any bells?) with so many in between.

That gengar tho. Its been forever since I last saw it!

I will probably pick this up on release unless they make an evolutions booster box. "Early bird gets the worm or in this case the Pokémon" -Professor Oak

Last edited by a moderator:

Erm, this shiny Mega Gengar EX was released in Japan quite a while ago (in fact, about 2 years prior to when we'll get it), and has no corresponding Gengar EX to go with it beyond the Phantom Forces one. (Which didn't get reprinted alongside this in either Japan or in this product.) There is zero reason to assume there's a Gengar-EX in this set IMO. They probably included the shiny Mega Gengar here because people were disappointed it wasn't released outside Japan.

Erm, this shiny Mega Gengar EX was released in Japan quite a while ago (in fact, about 2 years prior to when we'll get it), and has no corresponding Gengar EX to go with it beyond the Phantom Forces one. (Which didn't get reprinted alongside this in either Japan or in this product.) There is zero reason to assume there's a Gengar-EX in this set IMO. They probably included the shiny Mega Gengar here because people were disappointed it wasn't released outside Japan.
I know that perfectly, so?

... There was seriously a Furious Fists pack in this?

images

would have been ok if that furious fist pack was phantom forces just cause of the chance at regular gengar ex

Was hoping to see Magearna's National Dex number... but of course, we aren't ready for it... darn!

I m just pissed since i bought like the mega gengar japanese promo for like 24$ 5 months ago and now this, this is why I don't trust the value on tcg cards, bought the mega gengar as an investment to sell in the future but now would be a blessing in disguise if i can even sell it for 10$.....waste of money...

Was hoping to see Magearna's National Dex number... but of course, we aren't ready for it... darn!
This is likely because Magearna's probably a Mythical, which always end up at the back of their Dex. I don't think TPCi/PCL is ready to reveal how many Pokémon are in the total and Alolan Dex yet.

This looks awesome! I don't even mind the furious fists pack as I like the older sets as a collector. Also I love the lunchboxes :3

Picked one of these up the other day. Steam Siege, BREAKthrough and XY base packs. The gorgeous M Gengar made it worth it.

I saw this and didn't really think it was worth it since I don't have any gengars.

That Magearna may do well as a secondary attacker for rainbow road, though it would hit not QUITE as hard, but it can also work on healing if required. Anyways, I'm excited about it

Back