New 'V-UNION' Trademark Filed for the Pokemon TCG!

Hydroi-gon

Casual Player
LMAO THREE ABILITIES ON A SINGLE POKEMON
Luckily theyre not insanely good, I dont want to fight against a 'mon with a good energy accelerator, an energy switcher and a damage booster ability all in one card

Rozureido

Aspiring Trainer
Obviously from my earlier post you can tell I'm not a fan of this mechanic, but I must say the art is fantastic. I would gladly buy a Jumbo card that doesn't slice up the art into 4 cards.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
These are crazy... I quite like the fact how they require so much focus from their own deck in order to be played, and I also like the fact that we aren't getting a battle compressor reprint - you will have to discard these the hard way. There's some limited search options, and the fact that you can't even Adventurer's Discovery them and then use Dedenne makes me like them even more.

I'm guessing this is also why they went out of their way on printing energy accel for almost every type in the game - so you could play these without requiring you to use Union Gain and then be left vulnerable an entire turn. You would still require massive amounts of energy in play/hand in order to set these up and then also set them up from your hand - single prize decks and rapid strike Pokémon can easily overtake you with their native acceleration in those turns, and also easily KO your V-Union, of which you can't even summon more than one per game. This seems a mechanic specifically centered around the late game, and I'm quite happy with this.

Rather than simply powercreeping the V-Max and the Tag Teams, they took a different approach and crafted a mechanic that isn't overpowered, yet could be fun to try forward. I don't know if they will screw it up later, but for now it's cool.

Last edited:

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
The only thing I like about the cards is the art, and even that is split up into 4 pieces. I wasn't a fan of pulling a Lugia LEGEND with only the wings and tail, but at least that was only two cards. Now I can pull a Greninja groin and still have to pull 3 other cards for the complete thing .-.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • The V-Union itself - I don't think burning a lot of cards just to play a V-Union is not a good idea. I don't think it will. Even no cards that can support them. Quick Ball can't search them because they aren't basic. Same thing as Evo Incense and Fog Crystal. Heck, Poke Comm can search them, but it's getting rotated once we get this, so that move point. And... about the 3-prized gaming, I'll stick to VMaxes, that's it. Based on the TCG History, only few LEGEND cards that saw success before, Entei & Raikou, and Rayquaza & Deoxys. The advantage of LEGEND card is they have Legend Box, which has a high chance of getting a LEGEND card in play... and V-Union must be played from the discard pile. Too annoying for me... for now.
  • Greninja V-U - Anti-Gust, Ability to peek on your opponent's hand which is come in handy to gather info, Poison immunity (who cares?), Underwhelming attacks, it's still classified as Pokemon V, so Melony works here. I'm still not satisfied. 3-4
  • Mewtwo V-U - I dunno man. It's a V-Union, so no Ghost Caly to accel energy on you, because of the bench space issue, no room for support Pokemon, and they're too expensive. Heck, even Eternatus can do significant damage for 2 energy. This can't. 3-4
  • Zacian V-U - Now what? 3-4

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
I REALLY hope that these stay out of packs. A few promos are fine but I do not need to pull Greninja's leg 4 times before I pull Greninja's hand and I can actually play it.

The designers were aiming for interestingly complex, but they hit annoyingly convoluted instead. The art is nice, but Pokémon art has been consistently nice for the past year and a half so that's not really anything to write home about.

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
Imagine these V-Onion cards getting a Jumbo version in collection boxes!

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Oh, one question. Do they still count as V Pokemon? Currently theyre only searchable by Pokemon Communication and the upcoming Burnett in standard (if you don't count Great Ball and PokeBall). If they do count as V pokemon, Adventurer's Discovery could pick 3 pieces of them up and send them straight to the discard.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
To be honest, in realistic terms, 30% of the time, you'll play a single V-Union card in every game. That's what I am going to say

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
Woo! I'm hyped! I'm really looking forward to the sets with tons of V-Unions so I'll have to collect 800+ cards to complete a set! Thanks TPC!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Oh, one question. Do they still count as V Pokemon? Currently theyre only searchable by Pokemon Communication and the upcoming Burnett in standard (if you don't count Great Ball and PokeBall). If they do count as V pokemon, Adventurer's Discovery could pick 3 pieces of them up and send them straight to the discard.
V-Union are still Pokemon V, like how Vmax are Pokemon Vs.

Rozureido

Aspiring Trainer
This is such a clusterf*ck of a mechanic. You can only really summon them late-game and you prob need to play 2 of each card to not prize pieces so it’s not like they’ll be teched into decks. They’re so hard to get into play that they will either be literal garbage or broken af

They’ll most likely be played in stand-alone decks focusing their entire strategy around 1 pokemon wich will be the highest level of oogabooga in the entire history of the game.

Thanks card-designers! Really appreciate you destroying the game further!!!

All 4 pieces have the same name, so only 1 copy of each piece per deck. I think we'll see more prize manipulating trainers in the coming sets.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
This is such a clusterf*ck of a mechanic. You can only really summon them late-game and you prob need to play 2 of each card to not prize pieces so it’s not like they’ll be teched into decks. They’re so hard to get into play that they will either be literal garbage or broken af

They’ll most likely be played in stand-alone decks focusing their entire strategy around 1 pokemon wich will be the highest level of oogabooga in the entire history of the game.

Thanks card-designers! Really appreciate you destroying the game further!!!
Well, tough luck. Seems like all 4 pieces count as the same Pokemon (much like two different LEGEND cards count as the same Pokemon name) so you literally can only bring one of each piece in your deck.

V-Union are still Pokemon V, like how Vmax are Pokemon Vs.
Gotcha. Just making sure.

CharizaedXbest

Aspiring Trainer
aight im out, can't deal with this power creep with bad draw luck in my life
was fun, but this is where i leave
have fun y'all

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
I can't wait for Creatures to announce the Full Art, Special Art, and Rainbow versions of all 4 cards in each V-Union!

It sounds like a joke right now. But just you wait.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
  • The V-Union itself - I don't think burning a lot of cards just to play a V-Union is not a good idea. I don't think it will. Even no cards that can support them. Quick Ball can't search them because they aren't basic. Same thing as Evo Incense and Fog Crystal. Heck, Poke Comm can search them, but it's getting rotated once we get this, so that move point. And... about the 3-prized gaming, I'll stick to VMaxes, that's it. Based on the TCG History, only few LEGEND cards that saw success before, Entei & Raikou, and Rayquaza & Deoxys. The advantage of LEGEND card is they have Legend Box, which has a high chance of getting a LEGEND card in play... and V-Union must be played from the discard pile. Too annoying for me... for now.
  • Greninja V-U - Anti-Gust, Ability to peek on your opponent's hand which is come in handy to gather info, Poison immunity (who cares?), Underwhelming attacks, it's still classified as Pokemon V, so Melony works here. I'm still not satisfied. 3-4
  • Mewtwo V-U - I dunno man. It's a V-Union, so no Ghost Caly to accel energy on you, because of the bench space issue, no room for support Pokemon, and they're too expensive. Heck, even Eternatus can do significant damage for 2 energy. This can't. 3-4
  • Zacian V-U - Now what? 3-4

Once they're in play they count as a single Pokémon, so they only take away one bench space. You can safely power-up a Mewtwo V-Union with your 3-4 Calyrex Shadow in play. In fact, the plan seems to be to play these in the late game and then use the proper accel on them to start attacking.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Once they're in play they count as a single Pokémon, so they only take away one bench space. You can safely power-up a Mewtwo V-Union with your 3-4 Calyrex Shadow in play. In fact, the plan seems to be to play these in the late game and then use the proper accel on them to start attacking.
Still not Turn 1 friendly