New 'V-UNION' Trademark Filed for the Pokemon TCG!

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
oh my.. 4 smackeroons and 3 doubloons on Greninja V-Union.

Creatures, I know that I said I wanted more attacks and abilities on Pokémon to make them more complex, but... you really shouldn't have...

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
Okay, THIS is a little much for me to comprehend, but basically, they've brought back LEGEND cards and given them a MAJOR buff-up! The amount of effort it'll take to pull all four components of any of these V-Unions is to be feared!

LightYearLiam

All I care about is that they're not a revival of Tag Teams. I am seriously SO GLAD they are not a revival of Tag Teams. And it is an interesting mechanic. An incredibly weird interesting mechanic, even compared to their obvious predecessor Legends (seriously, I thought it was a joke at first), but at least it's interesting. The cards are seriously pretty and I'm sure they'll look impressive in real life. And having that many attacks and abilities on a single Pokemon will be pretty wild, in a hopefully good way. So overall, I guess these have me feeling more positive emotions than negative.

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
These aren't going to extend the 3-prizer reign any longer than it would've already, and these look like they have the potential to have a lot more skill involved than the 3-prize 1-2 attack beat sticks that VMAXs are (these 3 first V-unions are very uninspired though).

Last edited:

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Making them specifically has to be played from the discard pile is a bit... scary. I like it though! They have about the same HP as a VMax so it should not be TOO much of trouble dealing with them if they do get to be played.

I guess this is why they released Peony, too.

Rozureido

Aspiring Trainer
Nope. I'm out. Unless these things are only available in promo products where you get all 4 pieces or have a ridiculously high pull rates or they do something unprecedented like giving you all four pieces in the same pack, I will be retiring from the TCG until they have rotated. Packs are hard enough to get as it is and there are more chase cards than ever (Evolving Skies will have almost 100 Ultra Rare Cards). I don't want to have to pull 4 ultra rare pieces to play 1 card, and I'm sorry but getting an ultra rare "Mewtwo's Left Foot" card is not interesting or exciting for me as a collector or player and it certainly won't be exciting or interesting for a little kid who just wants a cool Pokemon card. Anyone who was a young collector in the base set days remembers the awful disappointment of pulling a rare trainer card, and these cards, no matter how sparkly, seem even more disappointing. At least you can use a rare trainer.

If The Pokemon Company wanted to find a way to kill the hype of their game, I think they have succeeded.

Last edited:

imashbuttons

Aspiring Trainer
These are sick, I like em. They have clear synergy with obvious stuff like Quick Ball, Prof Research, etc. and won't replace VMax's. They can retreat too so I guess we'll just be having big stacks of cards on our benches.

ELTRENDY BEAST

Aspiring Trainer
I can't be the only one that thinks that these are kinda bad. The Zacian one is the best one though. It might actually be really good.

Rozureido

Aspiring Trainer
I can't be the only one that thinks that these are kinda bad. The Zacian one is the best one though. It might actually be really good.

These are are essentially Japanese promo cards introducing a mechanic. They are always pretty bland. Think the V decks that launched at the same time as the Sword and Shield sets (Victini V, Celebi V, Tapu Koko V, Regirock V). If V-Union Pokemon end up in sets (and I'm sure they will) they will likely be much more interesting than these guys.

Ilexon

Aspiring Trainer
These are really cool, my favourite one is definitely mewtwo vunion bc of the beautiful art by Ekira Egawa. I’ve only seen the legend cards online but I wonder if they’ll print for union with multiple Pokemon on them like the Lugia and ho oh legend cards. As some people have said though I do hope these are much lower rarity per card, you pull the full set of them in a pack if you do get one or they only come in collections. Having ultra rares you can’t use would be a bit annoying especially if you had 3/4

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
I think it's kinda funny that they've printed a mechanic that will be almost universally hated amongst collectors (if they come in regular sets), and are probably not even good in the game. They won't improve it by much at all, that's for certain.

Macke

Master of deckbuilding
This is such a clusterf*ck of a mechanic. You can only really summon them late-game and you prob need to play 2 of each card to not prize pieces so it’s not like they’ll be teched into decks. They’re so hard to get into play that they will either be literal garbage or broken af

They’ll most likely be played in stand-alone decks focusing their entire strategy around 1 pokemon wich will be the highest level of oogabooga in the entire history of the game.

Thanks card-designers! Really appreciate you destroying the game further!!!