New 'V Battle Decks' Featuring Gardevoir V and Victini V in May!

Hydroi-gon

Casual Player
Thinking about it, Victini is probably gonna be the better deck here. It’s got a pretty good attack and from what I’ve heard about Victini VMAX it’s pretty good, so beginners don’t really need to worry about spending a lotta cash on making a somewhat good deck.

signofzeta

Aspiring Trainer
Nah man, these don't replace the Battle Styles theme decks. These replace SWSH6 theme decks, but will probably have cards up to Battle Styles, but not SWSH6 cards anyway. I kind of wish that the V battle decks were released alongside main sets, much like Theme Decks were.

I really need to know if they are going to release V battle decks in August and in October such that the number of V battle decks per year still equal the number of Theme Decks per year in years past.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
I really hope these have slightly better decklists than Venusaur/Blastoise. Contrary to popular belief, beginners don't learn faster if they play bad decks

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
I expect these to be bad (though, they really shouldn't be designed that way), but this is a rare instance where I'm actually interested in a new product in recent years. I'll take what I can get.

CharizaedXbest

Aspiring Trainer
theme decks were more fun
this is just a way to deflate certain cards prices
also theme decks were a way to give life to cards that would not see play ever otherwise because the power creep just made every other old school style of play dead
no one will ever know or care of many weaker cards now

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
theme decks were more fun
this is just a way to deflate certain cards prices
also theme decks were a way to give life to cards that would not see play ever otherwise because the power creep just made every other old school style of play dead
no one will ever know or care of many weaker cards now

This, Ampharos, Ambipom, Dragonite, Bisharp, Corviknight, Samurott, Cramorant, Garchomp, Thundurus, Tornadus and a lot more would have never see play in Standard but theme give they a chance... Never gonna be possible ever again, these V decks have nothing but boring pokemon with flat attacks and nothing else, cant even compare them with XY theme decks cause even that decks were better structured than these V decks

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
False information. Please change the price to $39.99 the price that 99% of the product will be scalped at.
Imagine scalping theme decks. :(
If you’re scalping decks that are designed for the sole benefit of entry-level players.... designed for the sole benefit of CHILDREN... you have a heart problem. :(

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
The Victini deck is so very close to being a good deck for beginners! I like the combo of Milo/Cinccino to discard Fire Energy and Victini V/Libero Cinderace to accelerate it.

But... that's probably the errata'd Cinderace, and there's only 1 Cinccino in the entire deck. And some nutty goof at TPCi decided to include Chatot instead of Energy Search! The deck would also be so much more interactive and interesting if another Minccino and Cinccino could replace the two copies of Dan.

A good deck for beginners shouldn't be powerful, but it should be consistent. These decks are a tiny bit better than the Blastoise/Venusaur decks but still aren't at all that good for learning the game.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
This, Ampharos, Ambipom, Dragonite, Bisharp, Corviknight, Samurott, Cramorant, Garchomp, Thundurus, Tornadus and a lot more would have never see play in Standard but theme give they a chance... Never gonna be possible ever again, these V decks have nothing but boring pokemon with flat attacks and nothing else, cant even compare them with XY theme decks cause even that decks were better structured than these V decks

Getting rid of theme decks, and as a result - Theme Deck format, was such a bad choice on TPCi's part.

We can only hope some ruleset happens to freshen the game up in it's place, but judging by how "well" the card game is selling right now, maybe that core player survey will mean nothing to them. That's one of the hardest pills to swallow right now to be honest.