Wi-Fi Trades New to Trading - Would Love Squirtle

tchaten

Aspiring Trainer
Hello there,

I'm brand new to Pokemon and trading - I have Black 2 that I picked up over the weekend. I'd love to trade someone for a Squirtle - I have found memories of that Pokemon from when I was a kid.

Can someone walk me through the trade process - thanks!

I'm not sure if I can arrange too reasonable a time to get you a Squirtle, but I can go over the trade process. It sounds complicated, and it is a bit, but I'm mostly trying to go into detail:

1. Make sure you have the Pal Pad. It's a Key Item.
  2. Select your Pal Pad, and select My Friend Code. If a 12 digit code appears, great, give that to whoever you're trading with (we're going to call him Bob). If not, you need to access Wi-Fi for the first time, maybe through the GTS at the Pokemon Center.
  3. Bob will probably give his Friend Code in an easy to find place; in the Pal Pad, select something like "Register Friend", and enter in this code. The name you give the person doesn't matter, only the code.
  4. After you've exchanged Friend Codes, you're basically ready to trade! Arrange a time to be on with Bob that works well for both of you.
  5. At the desired time, go to the Wi-Fi Club on the second floor of the Pokemon Center; save, and then go in.
  6. If you're both on, you'll see Bob somewhere on the floor. You either want to wait for him to contact you or contact him yourself by talking to him. The former is pretty easy, as the game will ask you if you want to trade with Bob. If you do the latter, select "Trade". Things can get a bit confusing if you're both trying to talk to each other, so, yeah. :S
  7. Trading in older games used to be simple; you brought the Pokemon you wanted to trade in your party, you initiated a trade, you selected something from another person's party, and then you were done. Not so in BW. Basically, you're going to want to find what Pokemon you want to trade to Bob in your PC. Then, and I'm a little bit fuzzy on this, but then, I think you can just tap that Pokemon to select it. You might have to click-and-drag it a bit, though.
    • You can select up to three Pokemon from your PC, and the person you're trading with will choose one of them to trade for. It's basically a way of showing what you have in a casual trade; this feature is mainly for GTS Negotiations, though, where you don't actually know the person you're trading with.
  8. It's pretty simple from here: After you've selected the Pokemon you want to trade Bob, I believe there's a Confirm button somewhere. This will bring you to a screen that lets you choose what you want to trade for out of the Pokemon Bob has presented. Select what you want, hit something like Confirm, and go on your merry way, for you, friend, have just traded.
  9. After the trade is over, select Quit and get out of there. Pretty simple. :S

Great thanks for the walkthrough on that - not sure if I've found the Pal Pad yet not sure how far along in the game you need to be to get that.

tchaten said:
Great thanks for the walkthrough on that - not sure if I've found the Pal Pad yet not sure how far along in the game you need to be to get that.

Oh yeah, should have included that.

It looks like you start BW2 with the Pal Pad, or at least get it really, really early, so you already have it.

Chariblaze said:
tchaten said:

Oh yeah, should have included that.

It looks like you start BW2 with the Pal Pad, or at least get it really, really early, so you already have it.

Yea I checked last night - I do indeed have the Pal Pad

I can get you a Squirtle. Tell me the moves, level, held item, and other info. But you have to be careful because traded Pokemon gain more experience and of it levels up too much it may not listen unless you have enough gym badges.

Back