New Time Limit

Lou Cypher said:
According to Pokegym's Eeveelover (And he'd know), the +3 goes even if prizes are not tied.

Yeah, he offered to call our PTO. I think he just misunderstood so I'll talk with him about it.

Anyway, I change my vote. I like the rule.

I like it personally.

-10 minutes isn't a huge deal anyway. Yall are making a huge deal about how slower decks will suddenly have such a hard time but by the time you factor in the 3 turns your probably close to 35 anyway.

I like this rule better than straight 40 minutes-
30 minutes + 3 turns is about 40 minutes anyways my question is this-
So are the three turns
Player a
Player b
Player a
Then over or is that EACH player gets 3 turns?
Anyhow i'd rather have 3 well played turns than trying to cram stuff into the last 10 minutes.

This is much better than anything they've had before. I've lost many games just because time was called, and on the next turn I could have won. It's better this way.

I like the time limit now. It'll save a lot of people from losing just because time was called. I usually play speed decks nowadays so it don't bother me at all. (plus when we did it at Nats, I won a couple of my games in the side events because of it.

What's the exact ruling? Does the person with the most prizes taken after the three spare turns win, or does it trigger sudden death? I've heard a lot of different things.

I certainly hope the double game loss rule is not true, because then I would REALLY HATE this rule. I would think they would do time, 3 turns and then next prize wins if prizes are tied after the 3 turns (a la how they did with the 40 minute limit).

tc19930815 said:
I am also for this rule. this give less chance to stallers to win in a less fair way

Oh yeah. There was a time when I could've Warp Pointed for the game (would've gotten double Prizes), but no...time ran out. I kinda like this rule, but doesn't the person who goes first in the set of three get an advantage? Someone explain this to me.

Depends how you look at it. It makes it harder to stall it out on time, because you rather not have time called on your turn...

Just thought of something. After time is called who is going to keep track of EVERYONE to make sure they are going exactly three turns and not five or something.

Alex(charm)ander said:
Just thought of something. After time is called who is going to keep track of EVERYONE to make sure they are going exactly three turns and not five or something.

There wont be that many people left, so the judges will go around and watch the rest of the remaining players, tell them that they have 3 turns, and make sure that they dont do more.

Ill def abuse this rule because people will defiantly call it on YOU.

My Suggestions:
-Decks with quicker setups.
-Pick the deck you plan to play 2 - 3 weeks before a tournament, get tones of practice in.
-Buy a stop watch or use you iphone/blackberry to time your turns.

Note about the bolded part from a Tournament Judge: Electronic devices are banned from the table. If I catch you looking at a clock or stop-watching turns, you will get a penalty. This is a super suspicious behavior no matter what your intent is. Don't do it if you don't want a confrontation with a judge.

I didn't say you couldn't look at your watch. But if you look at it every 5 seconds during your opponent's turn it's going to draw my attention to you. It should. Timing your moves is tantamount to stalling, openly timing an opponent's moves is rushing.

Back