New 'Sun' and 'Moon' Trailer: Alolan Professor Oak

Uhh... since when was the series divided into different universes? Or are we confusing retcons resulting from remakes with alternate realities?
The Delta Episode from ORAS reveals that there are multiple universes: the ones from the remakes, the original ones referenced as "realities where Mega Evolution wasn't discovered" or something along those lines. They also reference each version of a pair of games being alternate universes from each other with Team Aqua (if playing OR) or Team Magma (if playing AS) pondering that if things had happened a differently, they might've been the ones to awake either Kyogre/Groudon instead of the other team.

So this is what that riddler guy referencing?
"How many professors are there in Alola? Something more surprising than Red returning?"

Tanned is the proper word for it. A lot of people are like that in Japanese anime. Also, his name is Nariya Oak (in Japanese) and his is Professor Oak's cousin.
His name is written in western order in Japanese as "ナリヤ・オーキド", with the family name "オーキド" at the end. It may imply that he's born in Alola rather than Kanto. Still, since he's Professor Oak's cousin, it's more reasonable that he's tanned.

That's just a regular Sharpedo, but with proper riding gear on.
Yeah, and here's the screenshot.
sharpedo.PNG

Relatives don't get such different skin tones do they? Or maybe in the pokemon world things are different.
I'm black and 2 of my cousins are white as snow. I also have a friend who's black that has white siblings. Not really that weird :p

This trailer came out of nowhere. I was ready for a new information next week when corocoro leaks drop, but this caught me completely of guard. Pretty awesome recap. Now we just need some of those texts to be translated. Lunala is absolutely gorgeous in the trailer.

true. why can't be this alolan prof. oak be brown/tanned/black anyway?
assuming the 'original' prof. oak is asian, he's east asian. the new alolan prof. oak is probably malay (still asian) or pacific islander, or latin, or black, or mixed. i don't get why there's comments on being surprised why this alolan cousin of prof. oak is dark-skinned. it's 2016, people. pokémon fan are from all around the world, it's time for some diversity/inclusion.

oak.jpg

Checks out.

So this is what that riddler guy referencing?
"How many professors are there in Alola? Something more surprising than Red returning?"
Well we can now assume there's more than 1 professor, there was also another 4chan leak that hit right before this trailer was revealed saying there would be 3 professors, which I don't think is what would be more surprising than a Red return. It's gotta be something GF has yet to reveal.

Wow, so much info. I love the tie in with Professor Oak, I can't remember the last time we ever saw him in a main game! With all of these Alolan forms, totem Pokemon, new teams/foundations, ultra beasts, and whatever the heck Type: Null is, I'm wondering if Gamefreak has finally said goodbye to the tried and true formula of 8 gyms, the elite four, and a champion. If we were to get those maybe in the next CoroCoro, my bet is on Lusamine for the champion;)

Oh my God, the official pokemon website has updated with Samson Oak and asks if he's the Alola form for Prof Oak.

lol I should have realized that Rick and Morty comment was a little inapprop. But I still love the idea of each Pokemon protagonist and their respective prof having a Rick and Morty dynamic (ie he drags a 10 y/o on adventures rather than your mom letting you go alone voluntarily) and each region being a different timeline. It would explain so much!

Back