New 'Sun' and 'Moon' Trailer: Alolan Professor Oak

Good luck, WPM!! =) I hope all goes as well as possible.

This trailer is great. All of the scenes plus the information that we already know (and don't know yet) combined with that music! It just made me smile. These really will be great games. =)

So one thing that was pointed out by a youtuber and other commenters is that during the final minute of the trailer where they're showing of the z-moves is that every z-move dance has like a super saiyan glow behind the player, but after all the animations are shown, there is an extra one where the player doesn't really do a dance. He crosses his arms and then throws his fist upwards. And the thing to note here is that with this one there's no aura behind the player, just a rainbow like glow in his arms. The 'z-bracelet' emblem does appear however, but that could just be because it's the same bracelet. Maybe it hints at mega evolution or it could just be an ultra special z-move.

After some research on the internet, I tried to reveal what are those 2 Z-moves they intrduced in that trailer (btw. the music behind it is EPIC!… I do hope, I can download it somewhere… if somebody knows, tell me, please).
Anyway… there were two of the Z-moves named:

1) むげんあんやへのいざない (with my minimal knowledge of hiragana, it should be something like “Mugen anya (h)e no izanai”); I only know, that “mugen” means “infinity” or something similar to that (but with another kanji, it should be dreams…). Anyway, after I search that term via google, I got to one site, where there were a list of Z-moves and I recognized, that this attack will be Z-move for ghost types (reference see below)

2) ぜんりょくむそうげきれつけん (“Zenryoku musou ge kiretsu ken” probably), which is the Z-move for fighting types. (Btw. “ken” is some kind of technic used in Naruto, I think… isn't it? I never saw any episode of that anime, but I heard a lot 'bout it, so I remebered, it resembles something like that).

Here the link, where you could check it: http://dic.pixiv.net/a/Zワザ

EDIT: I clicked a link on Serebii, which already translate it for me… the ghost one ic called “Invitation to the infinite dark night” in japanese, while the fighting one is called “Full-force unparalleled fists of fury”

Samson Oak? Samson makes a whole lot of sense considering Oak's first name is Sammy (Pokemon 4Ever) or more properly; Samuel.

So one thing that was pointed out by a youtuber and other commenters is that during the final minute of the trailer where they're showing of the z-moves is that every z-move dance has like a super saiyan glow behind the player, but after all the animations are shown, there is an extra one where the player doesn't really do a dance. He crosses his arms and then throws his fist upwards. And the thing to note here is that with this one there's no aura behind the player, just a rainbow like glow in his arms. The 'z-bracelet' emblem does appear however, but that could just be because it's the same bracelet. Maybe it hints at mega evolution or it could just be an ultra special z-move.

My guess is it's a special z-move or they just have different poses. The Mega Evolution pose (raise your arm fist-upwards to chest-height and place two fingers next to the Mega Ring's stone) stayed the same between XY and ORAS so it'd be odd for them to change that. Snorlax's Z-move was also a different pose if I'm remembering the trailer right.

It's official.

The freaking professor of GENWUN gets an Alola-Form before any Pokémon from any of the other 5 generations get one.

Back