New 'Sun' and 'Moon' News Coming May 10th!

Can't wait to finally see the mascots and starters!! I hope they reveal a lot of info since we were waiting so long.

Please...please...oh, PLEASE let it be something new and not just another teaser within a teaser. Legendaries, starters, a good view of the updated graphics and/or region. Please, for Arceus' sake, ANYTHING!!! I'm practically starved for news over here and I'm sick and tired of being faked out! *breaks down crying*

Last edited:
I'm not very optimistic about this game. I feel like it'll just be another X and Y, with 99% fanservice to the genwunners. But if this announcement can change my views on the game, then I'll board the "hype train". Right now though? I'm not too thrilled. At least the copyrights made me excited, but that's just because I don't correspond a new Pokemon with a new Pokemon game. You can have my new favorite but still be my least favorite generation. So...I just hope we get something like gen 4 or 5. Having a Pokemon game with substance, originality, etc. That's what will make me excited.
I really hope we see a lot of new stuff too.
They've already revealed that you can move Pokemon from the RBY games to Sun and Moon with Pokebank.
Hopefully this is the ultimate and only "genwunner fanservice" they're gonna implement in S&M.

Usually Nintendo reveals a new direct two days before. Just a few days ago, the Nintendo world store was closed due to a "private event". They could have recorded the direct there. I think we will get ours in English.
The private event was for Disney Art Academy.

I'd like to see:
- Name of the new Region, map included. Maybe even the name of the starting town...?!
- All the starters (preferably not just silhouettes...), including their names.
- Names and pictures of the two main Legendaries (again, please not just silhouettes).
- Revealing at least ten new Pokémon, apart from the Legendaries and the Starters.
- A (real) trailer of the gameplay.

I'd like to see:
- Name of the new Region, map included. Maybe even the name of the starting town...?!
- All the starters (preferably not just silhouettes...), including their names.
- Names and pictures of the two main Legendaries (again, please not just silhouettes).
- Revealing at least ten new Pokémon, apart from the Legendaries and the Starters.
- A (real) trailer of the gameplay.

I can give you a 100% guarantee that you won't get this much, simply because that would make it the biggest blowout in pokemon history. The names and official artwork of the starters and main legends is a reasonble guess, and a trailer is likely. The name of the region and map, will probably be left until June/July, although if we're getting a proper trailer we could get more info on what it's based on.

However, we are most definitely NOT going to get TEN new pokemon in addition. The most new pokemon we've ever gotten from a single source was eight pokemon shown in battle (only five with names) during the prerelease of BW and the most we've ever gotten in 24 hours is nine (2 in the 2013 E3 nintendo direct, 3 had sprites shown during E3, and 4 revealed in the Corocoro leaks a few hours later).

I'm sorry if I'm being rude, I just don't want you to be dissapointed because you've overhyped this. This is the first real information on Sun and Moon, the most we'll get is something like the XY reveal trailer. They'll reveal more and more each month as we get closer to release.

No worries! I still have both my feet on the ground, so I'm quite sure you're right. After all, I did write "I'd like to see".
If some those things don't happen, I won't be disappointed. But if it did happen I would be jubilant...!

But, hey, I sure am excited. Then again, who isn't? :rolleyes:

No worries! I still have both my feet on the ground, so I'm quite sure you're right. After all, I did write "I'd like to see".
If some those things don't happen, I won't be disappointed. But if it did happen I would be jubilant...!

But, hey, I sure am excited. Then again, who isn't? :rolleyes:

You did. My message was partly directed towards you, and partly to the fandom in general, since the last few months have been a case of unrealistically high expectations.

I'd be ecstatic as well if we did get all that, new pokemon are the main reason I'm a pokemon fan. I'm just trying to keep my feet on the ground, as you so eloquently put it :)

I have a few hopes that I think would make the game awesome but would never happen.

1. Solgaleo is part poison (because the sun emits a lot of toxic stuff). I would especially think a Poison/Steel with either levitate or flash fire would be cool (it would be a unique typing, and it would be like Bronzing was in gen 4)! But the poison type is most important.
2. This is the one that is really out there but would be so cool. Pokemon games have always had legendary Pokemon, but despite their godlike powers they were always nothing more than pawns, the Pokemon were just objects to be captured or saved and humans were always the heroes and villains. I think it would be cool if the legendary Pokemon were actually directly the heroes and villains, and there was no evil team. Like the legendary Pokemon of the game other than yours would be leading an army of Pokemon, wild and trained, against you, and your legendary would join you, but note that it's still stronger than you and treat you like it's your trainer. Basically "I am perfectly intelligent and have godlike powers, I'm fine with bonding with a human because it makes Pokemon stronger and I like you, but that doesn't mean being subordinate to a human). I think it would be a nice change from the legendaries being comparatively useless despite what you would expect.

I really hope they reveal at least either the starters or Legendaries. Or give us the woodpecker's name lol.

I really hope they reveal at least either the starters or Legendaries. Or give us the woodpecker's name lol.

I hope they reveal both :]

I mean, that is what they have done already with X&Y. (and that was the first trailer).
I wonder if the mascots are going to affect my decision so far in picking Pokemon Moon. :p

With the Sun/Moon mascot reveal being hours away.. (or at least that's the one thing we can be most certain about to be revealed today)

Wouldn't it be neat if it turned out Gen7 legends were mirroring and complementing the Gen6 legends?

With XYZ-legend designs sharing black as their prevalent secondary colour, the Sun/Moon-themed legends of Gen7 then having white in their designs instead.

That would also imply a third legendary (which would hardly be surprising to anybody anyway), initially revealed in an inferior state but having multiple forms that are equivalents to those of Zygarde.

What would the definite "third"-symbol to Sun and Moon be?
Star? (simple but kind of dumb considering the Sun is a star, probably legit possibility from a symbollic/mythological standpoint though)
Comet? (tons of mythological material coming with that one)

I'd pick Eclipse. It's what you get when combining Sun and Moon and is thematically interesting, due to it being a combination of the 2 "light sources" (in primitive mindset) in the sky, yet resulting in darkness (with just as much useful doomsday-baggage as the comet-option)

Anyhow, I summed up the core idea in this graphic:
xyzsme_by_saiph_charon-da22nau.png

Also remember how Zygarde has 5 differnelty colored hexagons on its chest?
co6jj_qwsaa0jr__by_softmonkeychains-d9fqpef.jpg

In my hypothetical scenario, the third legendary of gen7, being mostly white, would then have the same pattern on its body in its full forme, but with the white hexagon swapped for a black one. While having orange and cyan details on its right/left body-side the same way Zygarde has blue and red on its arms representing Xerneas/Yveltal.

EDIT:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the legendaries turn out to be prominently white-coloured in their designs :B

I've swapped Moon and "6th" symbol however, since the moon legendary seems to be darker than Xerneas as well as leaning more towards purple. This would make Zygardes hypothetical counterpart a white+turquoise.

legendary_hexagon_by_saiph_charon-da22nau.png

Last edited:
Back