New Salamence-EX Promo in 'CoroCoro Ichiban!'

Dang. Why is this card so bad?

If the first attacked was [F] then it would at least have some function (similar to Rayquaza-EX's 'Intensifying Burn' attack). Instead, it's just a stepping stone for the, relatively underwhelming, Mega.

In all the time I've been playing the game, there has not been one decent Salamence card.

I dunno if you played back in the Delta Species era, but Delta Salamence had a decent meta presence OR I just personally lost to it a lot: you be the judge! But yeah no love for the dude recently.

Also this ancient and kind of hilarious thread over at PokeGym indicates that stage twos were considered not viable/too slow even then when Nidoqueen/Pidgeot was popular.

First of all this attack is very good because most decks play at least 2 shaymin for a double dragon and a fire it will knock out a lysandred shaymin with 110 damage attack. And since a lot of people play hoopa ex you can punish them with this attack which is pretty much a better mindjack version because you can power it up on your first turn and do not need to rely on the mega (turbo blaze ability from reshiram). If they have 4 ex pokemon that is 210 damage for only 3 energy, which will destory other heavy ex decks, do not underestimate this card.

For people complaining about the night march, trev and greninja match up just run 1 latios ex and fast raid whenever possible to get the turn 1 donk with muscle band. Clawitzer allowing to attach a double dragon from hand and reshiram to attach fire energy is crazy acceleration but you will probably have to choose one or the other.

I'll point out that I made my comment when before the translation was updated.

Previously it read 10+50 if your opponent has a Pokemon-EX in play. Which is plain bad.

I don't get all the hate.

His attack isn't that hard to power up with DCE and DDE. If anything, he reminds me a bit of Tyrantrum EX, which makes me think that Metal Link Bronzong might be a good partner. Another option would be Clawitzer from Steam Seige which allows you to attach special energies. The water requirement also pairs nicely with Clawitzer.

I really think people tend to dismiss cards too quickly. It's almost like a vast majority of the community decides only certain cards are playable, then only plays those cards, and then complains that only those cards are being played. And if new cards come out that are a bit off the beaten path, its immediately deemed unplayable.

Honestly, I don't see why this card is getting all of this hate. Against a Mega Rayquaza deck, I'm imagining an optimal first hand of a double colorless and a fire. Which will power it up, not to mention the fact that Rayquaza decks are MADE to pull out a bunch of EXs as soon as possible. All he needs is 4, and its not that hard to prolong it to the point of sky field and your opponent beefing up his bench, Seriously people, can we not dismiss cards so easily? Honestly, I'm looking forward to the English release of this card and I'll probably try to make a deck out of it. M Salamence may not be the star, but I still think he can be useful:D

Wow that's a pretty balanced attack. Itll destroy Mega Ray as other people have said and many other Ex Dependent decks too that have shaymin as an engine. A potential turn two attack from 110 to 310 is amaaazing

Do we have any more information on when this card is coming out? Will the mega and spirit link come out at the same time?
Assuming you're wanting information about the English release of the cards. If so, then no, we don't have any information on when the card is coming out. It will presumably be released in either our November set or in it's own Mega Salamence EX Collection box. Either way, Salamance, M-Salamence and the Spirit Link will most likely be released together (in English that is) :)

Yea I was also looking for information on the japanese release too if you have any. Thanks for the update though!
The Japanese Salamence-EX will be included in the September issue of Corocoro Ichiban, and will not be released with the Japanese M-Salamence-EX nor the Salamence Spirit Link. Those two, will be given out during Corocoro Ichiban's Mega Salamence tournaments, which will be held sometimes later this year (not sure when) :)

Back