New 'Premium Champion' Set, Blastoise Mega Battle Special Pack!

I don't have extensive knowladge but I am getting back into the game, how would one constantly recharge Beedrill in succession turns? Seems like it's a victim to Umbreon-EX waiting to happen

You could Mega Turbo onto Mega Beedrill and then attach from hand.

I hope they have the decency to let Night March shrivel up and die.

I would like Blacksmith back. One thing that's fun and surprisingly consistent in Standard is Ancient Origins 5 type Golurk which will use it to charge attackers quicker with Flareon in play.

wow i never really thoght about Eeveeloutions + Golurk I was never really creative thogh anyways XD. Golurk is defintly one of the most
forgotten Pokemon !

I know right. If any deck doesnt need any more saport its Night March. I even made a parody of ' i knew you were trouble its called night march ( im planning on making parodys about decks that are too good in the format). I Don't really play Pokemon Competivly beacsu the only decks that are consist are : Night march and Sismatoad EX so Pokemon TCG doesn't have much viraty.
Toad without LaserBank is not so good, damage output its very low. NM will be rotated out of standard after the World Championship this year. M Ray (colorless) will probably be the best deck after the rotation.

The sadist in me really wants to try Beedrill with Vibank. 7 damage counters with paralysis is nuts. Beedrill/Vileplume would be pretty cool too.

Just need to figure out a way to constantly put energy on the bees.

Ah. So the Toad will survive the coming apocalypse, I see.

I'd be more upset, but I was one of the players desperately begging for (Next Destinies) Mewtwo-EX's demise, and we all know how that went.... TPC's borderline trolling just doesn't surprise me anymore.

I don't have extensive knowladge but I am getting back into the game, how would one constantly recharge Beedrill in succession turns? Seems like it's a victim to Umbreon-EX waiting to happen

This card will set up much more quickly than Umbreon EX will, that and no one uses Umbreon EX as it requires three energy, a dark and a DCEwhile M. Beedrill only needs two. You also have to take in to account that you can T. 1 M. Beedrill because Forest of Giant Plants. Umbreon EX only will deal 70 (80-90 if using Muscle Band or Fighting Fury Belt) and is susceptible to Enhanced Hammer because you'll most likely be running DCE because of it's energy cost. If your opponent does not switch out, you're already dealing 120 and leaving your opponent vulnerable to a knock out due to being paralyzed. In expanded (if they keep going on the same path) it's only getting nastier becuase of Virbank City Gym, you're now hitting 160 due to paralyze and you have other cards like Hypnotoxic Laser to simply put your opponent to sleep.

Toad without LaserBank is not so good, damage output its very low. NM will be rotated out of standard after the World Championship this year. M Ray (colorless) will probably be the best deck after the rotation.

Yet despite that it still remains a presence. Besides helping out a deck where it isn't the main attacker, Seismitoad-EX partnered with Crushing Hammer is the core of a deck that has 9.31% of the Top 8 finishes for the last few weeks of State Championships. Well if I am reading the data correctly.

Even apart from that just having it as the opener for a variety of other decks is a thing. Having my setup hobbled, possibly completely shut down by an opponent just because he or she slaps a Double Colorless Energy on a 180 HP Basic Pokémon-EX while said opponent builds up his or her own side of the field is not fun. Especially as the current metagame is such that this often sets up for amazing locks that make it even less likely you'll actually be playing the game (just sitting there to draw/pass until you lose if you don't scoop right away) or tremendous offensive rushes that allow you to still fight back, but barely because even though you can play other cards, you may as well still just concede.

@Water Pokémon Master I can't read Japanese (yes, I am a poser otaku =P) so what does that poster actually say? I mean if you could make out the new set IDs for the cards and all (I can't) that is good enough, but I have a sliver of hope that the post wasn't just of cards in the set but more a "...and this joins the game!". I mean, I didn't think I saw any new artwork either for the cards in question. Or did I mess that up? >.>

I'm not so sure about M Ray since Zoroark and Parallel City will still be alive and kicking (Parallel already being a common tech in decks that run Shaymin or Hoopa). As long as Yveltal is still being played (Evil Ball is too good not to play), Zoroark will still be running around. But I've personally never used YZG or M Ray so I could be overestimating how much Zoroark/Parallel City actually affect M Ray?

Honestly, now I'm curious to see what will give Yveltal a run for its money once M Manectric is gone. Maybe Raichu?

M Sceptile could be a good partner for M Beedrill with Jagged Saber. Energy retrieval and recycler could be helpful as well to get your energy back. With Vileplume on the bench to lock items meaning no switches or ropes their only option is Center Lady which I'm seeing surprisingly less of recent.

Mega Beedrill looks really cool. But if it isn't in XY11 as I hypothesized, then I guess Explosive Fighter/Cruel Traitor will have more repeated Megas than we wanted.

That moment you spend ages collecting all the Mega Pokemon cards... and they're getting rereleased in another set.

At least update the artwork so I feel better Pokemon!

I Don't really play Pokemon Competivly beacsu the only decks that are consist are : Night march and Sismatoad EX so Pokemon TCG doesn't have much viraty.
If you actually played the game, you'd know how far this is from the truth. The format also consists of Yveltal, Zoroark, Gallade, Vespiquen, Entei, Trevenant, Crobat, Manectric, and Raichu. Please don't make ridiculous remarks about games you don't play.

Virizion/M Beedrill in expanded with virbank city gym will be crazy!
Why? Keldeo counters the paralysis lock and it only hits for 120 max, even with a muscle band, not to mention running a mega main attacker is less consistent than running Genesect as an attacker.

At first I thought it was Beedrill EX, but that is some insane artwork. One feature that makes some EX cards really good is the unique design around the edges. On this card it is the drops of purple poison.

Last edited:
Stoked for mega bee! Also shaymin reprint means, cheaper shaymin so more for everyone. I guess I'll sell off all my shaymins now lol

I don't really see umbreon being a huge problem. If beedrill takes a hit. You have like 2 turns to find a max potion or heal it via PCL sceptile while attaching.

Seems like you need to OHKO beedrill to consistently knock it out. Especially with free retreat.

I'm happy with all the reprints except maybe Seismitoad EX. Then again, as long as the Night Marchers themselves don't get reprinted AND they get rotated out, I'll be happy regardless.

wonder if this will make our next set be a large one or if these will be dispersed in smaller products. truthfully only cards I feel need a reprint are vs seeker and shaymin ex and that's only to make the price in the secondary market go down cause they are staples in most competitive decks. hopefully if its in a reprint set shaymin and the other ex will have a decent pull rate like the ex in legendary treasures, otherwise I hope for a tin reprint.

As soon as I saw Toad on this post:
https://45.media.tumblr.com/e44050ada6a44112f83572f535753865/tumblr_o3g738WYUd1ryurmdo1_400.gif
They need to stop with Toad. I was so happy there was gonna be a rotation, then low and behold the Quaking Puncher is back for Round 2... *sigh*

Anyways, I like the looks of Mega Beedrill. I'd say the only thing holding it back is it's HP, which I think is the lowest of any Mega. But with existing Grass support I'd say it gets an early lead.

Back