New Pokemon, Trainer Customization, Pokemon Refresh, and More for 'Sun' and 'Moon'!

EthanLac

Aspiring Trainer
The Sun monkey totally reminds me of an enemy from Magical Starsign. You know, the one that throws green Gummy Frogs with its tail.

I'm liking the design of the Moon monkey. It seems interesting.

Step 1: Send in Eevee.

Step 2: Use Extreme Evoboost.

Step 3: Baton Pass.

Step 4: ?

Step 5: Profit.

At first, I thought I saw someone cuddling a Porygon2 in that picture up there, but it's just a cyberduck-themed hair dryer. Oh well. I just hope Super Training returns.

So, glitches? How will they work with Poké Bank? I'd love to see Water Gun and Sky Attack join Kangaskhan's loadout, but it wouldn't be right. And what of hybrid Pokémon, or 8F glitches?

Rock type? Really. Still, they seem like relatively good choices in game, and might have a niche in speedy Stealth Rock setup.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Pretty meh reveals IMO. Most of it wasn't new except for the two new Pokemon, both of which seem like double battle gimmicks, and the new Z moves, which didn't impress me that much. Also, kind of disappointing that both of Lycanroc's forms are just pure Rock.

Numelz Numelz

Ariadoney Clear Nail Polish
masterwolfe Unfortunately, you have to hold your Eevee a Z-stone or how's it called, so there's a big no for such thigs as Eviolite/Focus Sash or anything. ;-)

Btw., although the midnight form Lycanroc seems to have worse movepool, I like it better. But, fortunately for me, I pre-ordered both games, so it really doesn't matter.

As for Pikawhatever… it's Picatastrophe anyway… and I'm totally disappointed for completely defensive Z-move (this time I mean the Eevee one). Are you sure you want to waste a turn to use such a thing?
We only know ONE move from their movepools.

98Greener

tree noises
Oranguru reminds me of a certain character....

warning, long text ahead

oranguru.png

Now I'm the king of the VGC, the Pokemon V.I.P
I'm the top Guru and reached OU,
And that's what bothering me
I want to be a trainer, trainer-cub, and bike right into town
And be just like those other trainers
I'm tired of Poke-in' around

Oh, O-bee-doo!
I wan'na be like you
I want to walk like you, battle like you, too
You see it's true, an Pokemon like me
Can learn to battle like you, too

Gosh, cousin Oranguru, you're doin' real good!
Now here's your part of the deal, cuz. A man's red ball.
But I don't know how to use the ball!

Now don't try to kid me, trainer-cub, I'll make a deal with you
What I desire is man's red ball, to make my dreams come true
So give me the secret, man-cub, come one, show me one or two
Give me the power of man's red baller, so I can be like you

oh, and Passimian looks cool too.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
No. And you would also not be the only one to name it wrong because it's not a Goshdarn gorilla.
You know I wasn't actually gonna name it that right? After what's happened to the poor gorilla, it'd just be in bad taste. Of course I'm not naming it that. It was a joke.

Leronne

Bug Pokemon Lover
You know I wasn't actually gonna name it that right? After what's happened to the poor gorilla, it'd just be in bad taste. Of course I'm not naming it that. It was a joke.
A joke for a joke. If you didn't notice mine was a joke either, then you probably figured out that sarcasm doesn't work on the internet (and considering the amount of idiots on the internet, there actually will be people that'll name it harambe).

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
Pretty meh reveals IMO. Most of it wasn't new except for the two new Pokemon, both of which seem like double battle gimmicks, and the new Z moves, which didn't impress me that much. Also, kind of disappointing that both of Lycanroc's forms are just pure Rock.

My thoughts exactly!
And I don't even like monkeys and apes. And we have already so many of them!

TheRealBro..

Lycanroc is an awesome name. But no, I haven't changed my mind about Midnight form looking horrendous.

Definitly agree with you there... But I like it. It looks all ragged and wrong with the red eyes and weird pose, but it's a wearwolf so I guess that would be accurate. I would take the nightform of Lycanroc over Mightyena every day (which also kind of resembles a wearwolf I think) because the latter is just boring, even though it looks somewhat better.

I really like what they are doing this gen. Taking some risks. A lot of Pokemon seem weird (not really looking like something you'd expect from a Pokemon) but I think that is what makes this gen so interesting! All new Pokemon reveiled so far, ugly or not, have my interest (except for the Turtonator, which is a bridge too far for my taste).

MrCoolViking

Aspiring Trainer
Passimian: This monkey Pokémon I really like. It'll very possibly be a part of my Sun Team. A really cool design. Its ability, Receiver, is a great one. But can it really "receive" all the existing Abilities there are until now I wonder? Like Wonder Guard?
Oranguru: A orangutan Pokémon? Well, this one is almost as cool as Passimian, and therefore it will almost certainly be a part of my Moon Team. I really like its move; Instruct.
Lycanroc: Hmm, Lycanthrope+Rock? Great name. My favourite form is "Midday", and that one will very certainly be part of my Sun Team. The "Midnight" form isn't as cool, but OK. Though, it will probably not be on the team...

Trainer Customization: Finally! An absolute confirmation of one of the things I hoped will be a part of Sun/Moon. And, we can even remove our headwear...!
Pokémon Refresh: Un updated Pokémon Amie? Not bad! And what we do there will even have an effect in battles?!
New Z-moves:
Catastropika:
What? When I first saw the name, I laughed. And Pikachu is a great dancer...!? :D
Extreme Evoboost: I really like the animation. But I don't know how efficient that Z-move really is will be.

Kawaki

Aspiring Trainer
Does this mean no new Eeveelution this gen? :( Unless there is one that isn't included in Eevee's Z Move, but that'd be weird.

I saw and fear that at well. I doubt TPC would doctor the Z-Move to exclude an unseen evolution... however with three evolutions on one side and four on another, I feel like it is begging for an even headcount. With all the fairy and dragon types coming into play with S&M, I was hoping for that type to finally include Eevee... alas.

Ami Dark

Professor/Leader of the Destiny Tower League
This goes to prove that Pokemon gives people what they want. A monkey? Here ya go. Harambe lives on, get over it now.

It also goes to show that you dont ever follow the crap going on in youtube because they are just spreading rumors that arent ever true.

Finally, it goes to prove that Lycanroc will, Lycanroc will ROCK YOU!

EthanLac

Aspiring Trainer
Passimian's new ability just gave me an idea. Shedinja has Final Gambit, which is normally wasted on its monumental 1 HP. But the important thing is, it's a suicide move. If Passimian inherits Wonder Guard (and has a Focus Sash to take the hit), you have yourself a physical bruiser that can only be stopped by Psychic and Fairy moves. Better yet, lead off with a Bug/Flying type to bait a Rock-tupe move, which will be tanked, and Passimian can safely inherit Wonder Guard! Pursuit is the only thing that could foil this, unless Receiver does not work on Wonder Guard.

And, as usual, Harambe gets the shaft...

Cottonmouth25

Flying-type Enthusiast
Oranguru reminds me of a certain character....

warning, long text ahead

oranguru.png

Now I'm the king of the VGC, the Pokemon V.I.P
I'm the top Guru and reached OU,
And that's what bothering me
I want to be a trainer, trainer-cub, and bike right into town
And be just like those other trainers
I'm tired of Poke-in' around

Oh, O-bee-doo!
I wan'na be like you
I want to walk like you, battle like you, too
You see it's true, an Pokemon like me
Can learn to battle like you, too

Gosh, cousin Oranguru, you're doin' real good!
Now here's your part of the deal, cuz. A man's red ball.
But I don't know how to use the ball!

Now don't try to kid me, trainer-cub, I'll make a deal with you
What I desire is man's red ball, to make my dreams come true
So give me the secret, man-cub, come one, show me one or two
Give me the power of man's red baller, so I can be like you

oh, and Passimian looks cool too.
You have no idea how great it is to see a reference as perfect as this when everything else you've seen is nothing but a bunch of idiots that won't shut the hell up about Harambe.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
This goes to prove that Pokemon gives people what they want. A monkey? Here ya go. Harambe lives on, get over it now.

It also goes to show that you dont ever follow the crap going on in youtube because they are just spreading rumors that arent ever true.

Finally, it goes to prove that Lycanroc will, Lycanroc will ROCK YOU!

Oranguru was probably designed before Harambe was even a meme. I doubt it was in response to Harambe at all.

AgentMFilms

The Anti-Meta One
Imo, Surf wasn't a wonderful way to showcase Instruct. I get they were trying to show the synergy between Instruct and Telepathy, but my biggest question is this:
Does a move triggered by Instruct target the same Pokémon twice? Or am I able to Fake Out/Knock Off two Pokémon in a single turn?

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
MY EVALUATIONS:
  • Passimian - I like it. The background story, Its pose that looks like a quarterback of a football team, what if I learn him some Ball moves like Electro Ball. The ability is good as well, useful for 2v2 or 3v3 even your ally pokemon has the useful ability like Protean.
  • Oranguru - .... I can't say so much on him. Normal-Psychic is perfect like Girafrig makes it resist to Fighting. It's new move makes it very, very interesting even your teammate uses the last move which is the AoE one.
  • Lycanroc - Lycanroc Rocks! I am bit disappointed on the Zoroark-like Mid-night form that isn't a Dark-type nut instead a Pure Rock-type. Oh well, they look badash!
  • Fashion in Alola - do we need to spend money for that?
  • Pokemon Refresh - better than the Amie, but I like the way that it also cure statuses,especially Paralyzed and Poisoned. Is Burned still exist in VGC?
  • New Custom Z- Moves - I like on both. Pikachu has memes on throwing part, and Eevee is the most badash one.
  • Tranferring Pokemon Shenenigans - When I saw the image of a "box" of Pokemon in a Sun/Moon account, I saw a Red Vulpix along with some Pokemon in Alola. Does this mean if we transfer some Pokemon from OR/AS, X/Y, or R/B/Y to S/M, we won't get the Alola forms of the Pokemon that recently has to as of now for example we have a Ratatta in X/Y, R/B/Y, and so on. Then in S/M, only the Dark-type Ratatta is available. If we transfer that Purple Ratatta to S/M, do it get its Alola form when it is being transferred to S/M?
  • What will I expect? - Megas , and Starter Evolutions.