New Pokemon, Trainer Customization, Pokemon Refresh, and More for 'Sun' and 'Moon'!

Purrloin

Does this mean no new Eeveelution this gen? :( Unless there is one that isn't included in Eevee's Z Move, but that'd be weird.

Leronne

Bug Pokemon Lover
Does this mean no new Eeveelution this gen? :( Unless there is one that isn't included in Eevee's Z Move, but that'd be weird.
It was basically confirmed weeks ago when we were able to see eevee's potential evo's in the rotomdex.

professorlight

Ice Queen
Not even going to address those monkeys.

But, I'll finally be able to remove my hat when I inevitably can't buy a floppy hat. I do hope we get more to choose from than printed T-shirts and tank tops, though; I want my winter clothes and less casual outfits back.

I miss Kalos.

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
It doesn't really make any sense that you catch a pokemon in y, put it in Bank. Put it in Sun. Then put it back into Bank but you can't put it into y. You'd think the developers would be smart enough to get around this. Unless it was a choice in which case it's a poor choice.

Turquoise

Greenish-Blue Trainer (?)
Still disappointed that Rockruff's evolution is version exclusive, but I most likely won't use them anyway.
No-hat option is already hinted in the previous trailers, but this just confirms it. I've always wanted to remove my hat so this is cool.

All in all, it's not that exciting a trailer. Still hoping for animated trailer like the BW2 one.

Sentret_C

Aspiring Trainer
Not even going to address those monkeys.

But, I'll finally be able to remove my hat when I inevitably can't buy a floppy hat. I do hope we get more to choose from than printed T-shirts and tank tops, though; I want my winter clothes and less casual outfits back.

I miss Kalos.
There's a snow-capped mountain so it's reasonable to have winter clothes available.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Guys. Eevee still needs to hold a z-crystal.
Oh gosh, you're terribly right. Well, useless z-moves. Nobody will ever use Pikachu instead of Raichu, and nobody will waste his/her z-move on an Eevee who will die at the first hit received by the opponent.

Unyubaby

Birb of Prey
I'm just very happy I don't have to look like a chickenhead anymore.

And those Z-Moves are adorable! They seem to be for early to mid game, so no harm really.

Queno138

Metal Balls Trainer
Eevee used the Standard Normal attack dance pose to attack,
But Pikachu didn't use the Electric Dance pose to activate?

I call shenanigans!

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Poké... beans??

I think it might be in line with what PokeBlocks and Poffins are. Except with no Contests to worry about (probably); they may just act like treats with the possibly ability to up the Pokemon's stats a point or two.

Unyubaby

Birb of Prey
So it looks like the new customization uses a different currency than PokeDollars, which is great because Lumiose fashion was annoying in XY. Also being able to dye the outfits yourself means more color choices and more uniqueness between people for the most part. I'm curious as to how the Festival Coins are obtained, granted it must have to do with a festival. The inclusion of white hair is especially loved by me. Always loved white hair.

Cottonmouth25

Flying-type Enthusiast
Hot DANG, they're making it really hard for me to decide on whether I should get Sun or Moon! I like Passimian's design and ability, but Oranguru's flavor text and Telepathy/Instruct combo is just as awesome.

Lycanroc is an awesome name. But no, I haven't changed my mind about Midnight form looking horrendous.

(BTW, is Rockruff the first Pokémon to have a split evolution path based on what version of the game you're playing?)

Everything else is really interesting as well. I love the character customization, Pokémon Refresh looks cool, and that Pikachu Z-Move is adorable!

Digital Dragon

Thinks Chandelure is the cutest Pokémon
Lycanroc's Midday Form looks so amazing, I'm definitely using one. Eeeve's Z move has a fantastic animation!Also yay for more trainer customization!

ZygardeChronicles

PMD5 when
No new Eeveelutions? Move Instructions? Lycanroc? Contacts? Eevee Z-Move? Washing Pokémon? Sign me up for this. Team Moon and Team Popplio for life. I really like the models for both forms of Lycanroc. Hopefully we get the 2nd biggest reveal in October (Other than the Starters/Legendaries).

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Well that was unexpected. But I'm happy about is reveal nonetheless.

The rugby monkey has been revealed, meaning the Chinese leak has yet another thing backing it up. That's it. They're real at this point. The starter evos, the Chinese leaks, all of it. Has to be at this point. 4+ months with the leak just getting more and more evidence to support it.

Anyways, I love all four of the new Pokemon. Definetely fairly unique if you ask me, but it seems like the new Pokemon Amie can now heal status conditions and heal health. That's freakin' awesome! And the new customization seems so much better than the one on XY.

All in all, with hardly any bad reveals, with maybe 1 disappointment, against 50 great things, this game is gonna be a Pokemon game by the likes of which we've never seen, but that's evident by now. The mixture of Pokemon, revived features like Pokemon Snap, Customization, and even little bonuses like the Pyukumuku mini game and probably a golf mini game, are what's gonna make this game one of the best Pokemon games to go down in history.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
OK, now I'm really curious. Why is the way they handle Pokemon that have been in Sun/Moon different to those that have been in ORAS? There are moves that exist in ORAS and not XY, and Pokemon Bank simply doesn't allow you to transfer Pokemon with those to XY. Why doesn't this also occur with Sun/Moon Pokemon that are otherwise compatible with XY/ORAS?

My best guess is mostly for balance reasons. (Odds are that existing Pokemon will gain access to existing moves they don't currently have access to. This has happened in every generation thus far, and there's no reason to assume it won't again.) IV training's a thing, too. Then again, why concern themselves with the balance of the older games at that point? Competitive play has always been limited to the newest games, and they're discontinuing online Ranked Mode in XY/ORAS anyway.

I almost wonder if the data structure of Sun/Moon is different to that of XY/ORAS, similar to the Gen 2-3 split. They appear to be at least superficially the same, unlike the vastly different Gen 2 and 3, but who knows. Maybe there's some surprises they've yet to reveal. (To be fair, the fact they put any emphasis on the RBY Virtual Console Pokemon at all is slightly suspicious, though it might just be as an easy way to get the original forms of the Alolan Pokemon. They might be functionally different, though, since they'd have to change the data structure of the Pokemon for them to be compatible with Sun/Moon anyway, it wouldn't be difficult to make them unique in some way while they're at it.)

WrightJustice

Aspiring Trainer
It literally says right there in the z-move description that there's only 8: "all of the eight Pokemon that Eevee can evolve into".

GangsterGlalie

What has life come to?
Remember when everyone was saying Rockruff is the new Eeeve when those leaks came out? In my opinion, we got better!