New Pokemon ex and More Illustration Rares Revealed from “Ancient Roar” and “Future Flash!”

But how good is it really? Why is Fighting Energy acceleration always from the discard? I feel like Fighting gets severely neglected. We got Koraidon ex, Garchomp ex, and now this that all accelerate Fighting Energy and its all from the discard and non of them are all that great. One ends your turn, one is only upon Evolution of a 2 prize stage 2, and the last one(probably the best) is 1 per turn on a stage 2 but does heal 30 at the same time so kind of nice but Water type got a stage 2 that attaches freely from the hand as much as you want. Why do they hate Fighting type?
Grass fan here. First time????

Grass fan here. First time????
Ya Grass gets shafted too.i just see no reason why all types shouldn't be at least somewhat balanced but Grass, Fighting, and Metal seem to get forgotten. Goldengo ex is going to greatly help Metal so I can't really say that as much but Grass and Fighting for sure get way less love than the other types. At least Grass got Gardenia's Vigor and the Rillaboom that attaches Energy from Deck. Granted it got no good Pokémon to use them on but still. Fighting got Gutsy Pickaxe. It's sad.

But how good is it really? Why is Fighting Energy acceleration always from the discard? I feel like Fighting gets severely neglected. We got Koraidon ex, Garchomp ex, and now this that all accelerate Fighting Energy and its all from the discard and non of them are all that great. One ends your turn, one is only upon Evolution of a 2 prize stage 2, and the last one(probably the best) is 1 per turn on a stage 2 but does heal 30 at the same time so kind of nice but Water type got a stage 2 that attaches freely from the hand as much as you want. Why do they hate Fighting type?
No, no, no. Fighting types still don't have good Energy Acceleration. Do not bring up a basic that ends your turn and a Stage 2, as a form of excuse!!

Vanilluxe seems to be a hard Gardi counter, and being a water stage 2 ain't that bad since we have irida, I just wish they'd stop giving all these good abilities to water, lightning and psychic pokemon. Show grass some love, I can't wait for ogrepons debut. But knowing tpci, they'll make the water ogrepon busted, and all the others something lame.
And so? Garde has Zacian. Zacian can sweep with 4 energy. Easily counterable ability. Also, as what the cringe boi said on X, "It's weak to Iron Hands." As long as Hands got 4 energy, it'll be a Turn 2 sweep.

Bounsweet/Steenee/Tsareena ex (Ice) - works with Spirit Mask as a pseudo-immunity but not enough for quick KOs as it needs more help. 2/2/4

Vannilite/Vannilish/Vanniluxe - ability that can be easily countered. 3/3/2

Toxel/Toxtricity ex (Ground) - a way to deal with Hands. 3/3-4

Nacli/Naclstack/Garganacl - Stage 2, don't like it. Coalossal situation. Fighting types still don't have Energy acceleration. 3/3/3

Spinda - barely situational, barely even see success. 2

Porygon/Porygon2/Porygon-Z - what for? You still can' t hit weakness. It takes 8 to KO a Basic ex, which is embarassing considering your bulk. 2/2/2-3

Yooo, Tsareena gets a Tera?
Now to figure out a way to do 30 damage between turns, I think the second attack suggests there will be some way to Poison + Burn.

Ya Grass gets shafted too.i just see no reason why all types shouldn't be at least somewhat balanced but Grass, Fighting, and Metal seem to get forgotten. Goldengo ex is going to greatly help Metal so I can't really say that as much but Grass and Fighting for sure get way less love than the other types. At least Grass got Gardenia's Vigor and the Rillaboom that attaches Energy from Deck. Granted it got no good Pokémon to use them on but still. Fighting got Gutsy Pickaxe. It's sad.
As a Metal enjoyer I can’t agree, Metal ain’t forgotten, it got phases I would say and usually is a good deck. Right now you can play Zacian V, Dialga Vstar, Magnezone that search for energy, both Revavroom ex and Revavroom that draw cards, Copperajah ex is decent, Corviknight Vmax etc. Yes new format took some cards that made metal decks strong and it’s not good enough to be meta, but they are still playable.

Now to figure out a way to do 30 damage between turns, I think the second attack suggests there will be some way to Poison + Burn.
Brute Bonnet + Sneasler, but at that point might as well play A raticate.

The reveal stream for these cards implied playing meowscarada with Tsareena, I don't know how you would possibly fit all of that into 1 deck though.

At least until it rotates, we can use Radiant Sneasler with some consistent form of non-attack Poison like from Clodsire ex. Doesn't seem very viable though.

If you find a way to switch that Pokémon to the bench (maybe rope or GO venusaur) you could use meowscarada for the 30 final health. As a meowscarada player, I can't wait to try it out.

Dont forget Claydol that lets u attach 1 Fighting Energy from the discard if you don't have a supporter in your discard pile ?. This is what I'm always saying Fighting energy acceleration feels so scuffed.

1. Its not really good in a standard setting, as always, but definitely a welcome addition in GLC as a redundancy option for Coalossal.

2. Its mostly because of their identity. Fighting type hits hard with relatively low maintenance (most of the time), so their identity's biggest downside is that they don't (or can't) have a reliable energy accelerator outside of trainer cards.

Although I guess 'identity' by now shouldnt really matter because nearly all type in the TCG has received some sort of Rain Dance-like ability, with the sole exclusion of Fighting. I'd love to have it one day.

Brute Bonnet + Sneasler, but at that point might as well play A raticate.

The reveal stream for these cards implied playing meowscarada with Tsareena, I don't know how you would possibly fit all of that into 1 deck though.
At least until it rotates, we can use Radiant Sneasler with some consistent form of non-attack Poison like from Clodsire ex. Doesn't seem very viable though.
If you find a way to switch that Pokémon to the bench (maybe rope or GO venusaur) you could use meowscarada for the 30 final health. As a meowscarada player, I can't wait to try it out.
You can also use Palafin/Marowak to get a double-KO. Or Decidueye ex, but that's a bit rich.

Both Grass and Metal has had decent, if not strong, energy accelerants in the form of Metal Links Bronzong, Magnetic Circuit Magnezone, Voltage Beat Rillaboom (and Strong Charge Vikavolt), etc. Currently they have Giga Magnet Magnezone and Spring Bloom Cherrim too, though definitely not as impactful as Baxcalibur right now.

The types has phases where it goes up and down in the bar of energy acceleration, but Fighting is the only one that has been stuck at the bottom.

edit: On that note, I strongly believe they cant print a Metal Rain Dance as long as Dialga VStar is in rotation. God knows the horror it can conjure...

I love the Nacli art that references sailing stones. It's always fun to see how creative the artists get with Pokémon.

Back