New Pokemon Center Double Deck Boxes, Card Sleeves, and Playmats!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The Pokemon Center has released new double deck boxes and card sleeves. They are called, “Great Wave Pikachu & Friends,” “Rayquaza Among the Stars,” “Rapidash Flames & Fairies Playmat,” and “Luxray Limitless Lightning.”
Each double deck box can hold two sleeved 60-card decks and features a magnetic closure. They cost $12.99 each.
Each pack of card sleeves comes with 65 sleeves for $7.99.
Each playmat costs $24.99.

P9149_705-97028_01-200x200.jpg

P9149_705-97027_01-200x200.jpg

P9149_705-97026_01-200x200.jpg

P9149_705-97031_01-200x200.jpg

P9149_705-97030_01-200x200.jpg

Continue reading...

POV: You like these, but you don't live in the three countries that get to order these.
View attachment 18041
I order the Pokemon Center merch from their online shop through the proxy Japan Rabbit, did it multiple times now, worked perfectly fine every time, all the stuff came to me in under 14 days, mostly even just 10 days.

About those boxes, eh not really too happy about them, Luxray, Rayquaza and even Galar Ponyta (I think it was just an Ultra Pro box?) already got deck boxes in the past, I´d rather have them promote other mons, heck, the new Gen 9 mons should get more stuff out, putting that aside, they still look very nice.

Not unfortunately on tpc UK.
I actually saw lots of these products several years ago in Japan, maybe 2017?

POV: You like these, but you don't live in the three countries that get to order these.
You can generally find the sleeves like a month or two after release on ebay for around $20-30 after shipping, and if they're less popular ones they'll eventually be around $15-20 with free shipping.

Not unfortunately on tpc UK.
I actually saw lots of these products several years ago in Japan, maybe 2017?
yeah, I found the JP-great waves playmat on a Regional tagged more than 500 bulks. Really happy to see it accessible for 1/20 of that price. (RIP the vendor)

Great Wave Pikachu was an instant buy for me, had been wanting that since seeing the merch at Worlds, but prices online were crazy.

I also do that, probably not Dragon Shield though, I don't remember. The only bad thing for me is that the decks look like they have 80 cards or something like that, haha.

I need the Great Wave Pikachu & Friends set!

Aaaand the playmat is already sold out. I hate scalpers so much.
Geez that was fast, I figured I’d have at least a bit of time to decide (I love the original great wave print, but wasn’t 100% sure I loved this as much). Plus had a friend get me the Yokohama worlds one so it was like do I need another…I guess that answers that question.

Now for the rayquaza mat though, that’s another tough one…again like the design, but for me you can only use so many playmats.

well, well, well, if it isn't the exact same product but with different pokemon that the pokemon company is releasing

I use the Dragon Shield oversleeves on any PC sleeves to help protect them and for better shuffling.
What shuffling technique do you use? I’ve had some experience with KMC Character Guards and liked them, but I’m hesitant to use outer sleeves again after changing my shuffling technique from mash and pile shuffling to a gentle riffle that barely bends the cards. I like this technique better because it takes over 1000 mash shuffles to randomize a deck as well as 7 riffles, but I don’t want to scuff the art on the Pokémon Center sleeves I just ordered. Is there a more optimal method for shuffling double sleeved decks than mash shuffling? If not, I’ll risk it or keep the sleeves sealed until I build a more valuable deck (most of mine cost below $30.)

Back