New Mewtwo Mega Evolution Form Revealed in Pokken Tournament?

It might be Namco taking creative license (like Jin having a Devil Jin form). Devil Mewtwo?

Honestly, I really hope it's not an officially new form. After the 10 Mewtwo cards in the Breakthrough set, I'd feel content not seeing him again for a while.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the bottom left photo is of mega of evolution so the may be another mega evolution of mewtwo (sorry haven't played the video game in a while.). This also reminds me of the shadow lugia on the game cube several years back.

Last edited:
First of all, I don't think this is a new form of Mewtwo altogether. It looks a lot like Mewtwo-Mega-X with slightly different colouration, so I doubt it's an entirely new form with different stats and the like.

The first thing I notice when looking at that model is the purple aura emanating from Mewtwo-Mega-X. The other hugely clear thing is its name, which is only translated from Japanese: Dark Mewtwo. The Shadow Pokémon from Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gales of Darkness are called "Dark Pokémon" in Japanese. Call it dreaming, but I truly believe that this could be a really random reintroduction of Shadow Pokémon to the series after 10 years of it never even being mentioned. All of the evidence is there and the case for it is actually pretty stalwart given what little we know about it, but it's so out of the blue that I'm definitely doubting it...

...but a guy can hope, right? :(

Yeah, I think this is just a slight variation of Mega Mewtwo X. I doubt it's a completely new form/Mega altogether.

Sure hope this is just a forme. A new forme would be awesome. Like a new forme to X. A new evolution, please no, it doesnt need to evolve 3 times. It's not Tyrogue.

The thing interests me the most is neither the name or the coloration. It's the yellow crystal shards that are protruding out of the Mewtwo's body. We've seen Pokémon like Gardevoir get an alternative color within Pokken Tournament (probably because of player distinction) but I don't think this Mewtwo was introduced with the same idea as that. In fact, they've shown him to be some kind of special boss. I hope we get to see more of these 'Dark' versions of other Pokémon and also wish that they won't be Pokkén Tournament exclusives.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the bottom left photo is of mega of evolution so the may be another mega evolution of mewtwo (sorry haven't played the video game in a while.). This also reminds me of the shadow lugia on the game cube several years back.
This can't be a new mega evolution since this Mewtwo is black even before it Mega Evolves into Mega Mewtwo X. I'd say it's a variation of Mewtwo itself.

I had been wondering what they would do with Mega Mewtwo (and Charizard) in case a Pokemon Z comes out (or whatever it may be with the new Zygarde things)...perhaps Mega Mewtwo Z. (or Mega Mewtwo ZzZzZz)

I understood something about a black or dark (Kuroi) Pokémon, but don't really know enough Japanese to understand much beyond that. Maybe this potential Mega Evolution is called Dark Mewtwo? It looks rather ominous anyways.

Either way, can't wait to see more of this, Pokken Tournament looks better every time I see it! :D

Now that the video is here, you can see theres an orange spike crystal already in Mewtwo before he Mega Evolves. It might as well just be Mega Mewtwo X, with the crystals on him. If you look around the map, they appear to be everywhere.

I actually like this Mewtwo. It seems different but still recognisable, and feels like hint at the storyline in the game. As @LordKieta said, the crystals seem to have importance in the arena as well as on Mewtwo, which is why I suggest a story arc.

I believe this is the exclusive form for Pokken Tournament with nothing to relate the main games .

While I'm glad to see this, I'm am a little sad to see this will just be a game about popular Pokemon, which does the series no good.

This extra boss is really epic!
And... Mega Mewtwo Z confirmed? XD

Mega Mewtwo Z ? That could be a theory I mean like look at that. I looks like Mega Mewtwo X but with Orange things in it. Could it be a new mega form?

Other translator's have concurred that it's the Pokken Version of a Dark Mewtwo.

So, this Mewtwo is kind of like Dark Lugia from XD. Those protrusions and glowy bits are a manifestation of Mewtwo's eXtra Darkness, like XD001.

Which means it's really more like Dark Dialga from PMD Explorers of Time/Darkness, because of the glowy bits...

Back