New Info, Screenshots, Artwork from 'CoroCoro' Reveals [8/10]

Horde Trainer Battles? Sounds like an awesome concept. Although, a horde of Poochyena leaves a lot to be desired, but the whole "horde Trainer battle" concept has a lot of potential.

After watching the new footage on YouTube, I feel really relieved… there'll be so many excitment in ORAS I really can't wait 'til I will have both of 'em in my hands.

I like this Mega Salamence more
image_by_steffenka-d7ujpfx.jpg
than this
Mega_Salamence.png
And yes I know they're the same, I just think the artwork could have been different.

Yay! Hordes are back, and horde trainers seems interesting, I wonder if it's only with grunts or other trainers as well.

aug_p22_03_en_uvw.jpg

I hope the hordes will get cooler than this (like they could have had a rare Meditite in Makuhita hordes to give early access instead of a boring and wtf-ish Geodude)...although that's unlikely with this being remakes, it'll probably just be literally the same pokemon that can be found in the area regularly.

EDIT:
oh wait, the "different" fifth member of the horde is in the center spot. I think that's new. Or is it just me always running into hordes where it's either 2 or 4th spot?

EDIT2:

noticed Salamences dex number is shown in a contest pic...
198...9 spots later than original, which is exactly the number of new stages from the hoenndex added in later games -.-

disappointing.

Blakexd9 said:
aug_p12_04_en_qfz.jpg

aug_p12_02_en_luh.jpg

Orlando and Anna? No Brendan and May?

They did the same for X & Y with Xavier and Yvonne. I assume these are just place holders until the games are actually released, or the biography behind the characters are officially released.

Pokemon-X-and-Y-trainer-names.jpg

It's safe to say that the two protagonists in ORAS are Brendan & May judging by the resemblance from the originals.

I'm actually a fan of each of the three new Megas, especially with clearer pictures of each of them.

Mega Altaria's description mentions how its feathers have an iridescent sheen...and with a closer look at some of the in-game screenshots of Mega Altaria, you can tell. It's subtle, but very cool!

I was indifferent to mega lopunny when I saw the artwork but with these clearer pics I think it actually looks pretty good. I liked the others from the start but they also look much better now. I liked them all and the contests actually look sweet as well. That altaria!!! :3

I love the animation of Salamence. I do agree that the art look better with its legs visible, but I love it either way. We go to see the wings from the top now, so that confirms it's one huge wing rather than two wings. I'm not disappointed at all.

Contests seem to have really improved based on what we saw from Altaria. It's no longer simply selecting a move and waiting for the result, but you actually see your Pokémon performing.

I guess the special moves with costumes are limited to Pikachu. I think it would have been awesome if other Pokémon could learn moves on similar ways as well. I don't really use Pikachu at all. It's not a huge loss, though. Flying press is pretty cool on Pikachu and should help against grass-type Pokémon too.

I think this trailer actually made me want to use Mega Altaria and Mega Lopunny. I was planning on using Mega Salamence anyways, it's too OP to not use.

Omo omo. Horde Trainer Battles? Exciting!

I wanna see the new Wallace art. Grr..

Blob55 said:
Why does it look like the Magma grunts have no skin on their arms?

aug_p22_09_en_gte.jpg

Now I can never unsee.

Anyways, I really like the look of the contests! It seems like they're going to be a lot more fun in ORAS (and that's saying a lot on my part, as I loved the contests in R/S).

Blob55 said:
Why does it look like the Magma grunts have no skin on their arms?

aug_p22_09_en_gte.jpg

Now I can never unsee.

So anyways, I really like the look of the contests! It seems like they're going to be a lot more fun in ORAS (and that's saying a lot on my part, as I loved the contests in R/S). The camera thing looks very interesting.

I like Altaria and Salamence quite a bit, but I can't say the same for Lopunny. I suppose that's because it's a 4th gen pokemon that I never liked to begin with and I find out of place in these games... Love how the contests are looking though, as well as Lisia's design. Now it's time for some silly speculation!!! In the trailer, the three mega evolutions were shown fighting a Shiftry, a Torkoal, and a Sableye. Now Sableye is another mega, so I guess that's sort of a reason to show him, but then why on Earth would they choose Shiftry and Torkoal to be shown in the trailer? Could it be... Could it be a slight hint at future megas? I know my reasoning is silly, but Torkoal and Shiftry are both some of my favorite pokemon in Hoenn, so I would be really excited to see even one of them get a mega evolution. For all we know it could be pokemon being random, but I'm still hopeful that I'm right about this being some sort of tease or a hint.

Oh, and trainer horde battles are awesome. It sure makes the teams more interesting and technically more challenging (before you have Surf anyway) and it makes them remind me a lot more of the pokemon ranger villains who would send out hordes of pokemon hahaha.

With you now being able to mega evolve in contests I think its pretty much guaranteed Milotic will get a mega.
I hope it will get the fairy type, it seems to fit it, with Gyarados getting dark type, and Milotic and Gyardos being mirrored opposites it would possibly work.
And it would work for the story line too. If Wallace is Champion, just like Diantha, his signature pokemon could mega evolve too. Cause I'm kinda hoping Steven Stones role is like it was in Emerald, where he's essentially the red of the game.

Hackzo23 said:
With you now being able to mega evolve in contests I think its pretty much guaranteed Milotic will get a mega.
I hope it will get the fairy type, it seems to fit it, with Gyarados getting dark type, and Milotic and Gyardos being mirrored opposites it would possibly work.
And it would work for the story line too. If Wallace is Champion, just like Diantha, his signature pokemon could mega evolve too. Cause I'm kinda hoping Steven Stones role is like it was in Emerald, where he's essentially the red of the game.

Its already been confirmed Steven is the champion (and Mega evolves his Metagross in the battle with him).

Meaty said:
I like Altaria and Salamence quite a bit, but I can't say the same for Lopunny. I suppose that's because it's a 4th gen pokemon that I never liked to begin with and I find out of place in these games... Love how the contests are looking though, as well as Lisia's design. Now it's time for some silly speculation!!! In the trailer, the three mega evolutions were shown fighting a Shiftry, a Torkoal, and a Sableye. Now Sableye is another mega, so I guess that's sort of a reason to show him, but then why on Earth would they choose Shiftry and Torkoal to be shown in the trailer? Could it be... Could it be a slight hint at future megas? I know my reasoning is silly, but Torkoal and Shiftry are both some of my favorite pokemon in Hoenn, so I would be really excited to see even one of them get a mega evolution. For all we know it could be pokemon being random, but I'm still hopeful that I'm right about this being some sort of tease or a hint.

check the footage of XY megas as they were revealed and what pokemon they were fighting.
I remember a Hydreigon, Machamp and other stuff that didn't get megas, so I wouldn't think much of it.
There is already 16 gen 3 megas (gen 1=10-12 if including both mewtwos/charizards), I'm really waiting for a Mega Machamp or Golem or something.
Or heck anything non-gen-3 next would be unexpectected and refreshing (and not yet another Dragon type hopefully...*looks at Flygon <_<*). Lopunny and Diancie is all we got out of 9 new megas so far (if we count Latis that is).

Hackzo23 said:

You'd think they'd have taken the opportunity to reveal it instead of Altaria then though. Heck they even make mention of Milotic in corocoro and its featured under the pokemon tab on the official site now, but no hint of a mega.

Unless they're holding it off for Wallace as a champ in an Emerald remake/ORAS sequel/whatever crazy game idea, I don't think they wanna give us Mega Milotic for now. (maybe in Z even? There was a big golden Milotic statue in the middle of the palace)

Back