New 'Break Evolution Box' in January!

Seeing them side by side like that, I swear Noctowl BREAK and Beheeyem BREAK are in the exact same position...
Why, it's almost like BREAK's look like a bland mess or something!

I will say, however, that Colorless BREAK cards at least look nice, visually, with the combination of gold and silver/white.

Something tells me that the jumbo card will be different depending on where you purchase it. Just like the shiny rayquaza ex box where GameStop, toys r us, and everywhere else had a different jumbo secret rare.

Last edited:
No, this is good. They're putting at least 1 usable BREAK card in this booster box so you can make your Vileplume/Noctowl deck without having to really try.

I'm glad TPCi is making promo cards have more competitive value. This way, people can access good cards easier without having to wait for Troll and Toad and other sites to get restocked as well as simply have fun opening packs.

I think they should make a break evolution box with the other non-English break cards

Empoleon BREAK ''times the number of Pokémon your opponent has in play'' why not times the number of your Pokémon you have in play :( it would be amazing :D Anyway pretty nice BREAK Evolution Box.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think "release by" is how things are done now. I saw on the PTCGO client on Sunday, Nov. 27th, that the BREAK Evolution Box promos were already uploaded, as well as the Aerodactyl Box, and Aurorus-EX box promos

XY 134 already? The newest promos are only at 100. Where are the other 30!?
I'm really bored so I felt like addressing the possibilities to this question :D

I think this is a jump is to leave exactly enough space for all of the new promo cards coming out as part of the 20th anniversary and BREAKpoint/XY10 themed boxes:

Breakpoint Promos:
94 - BREAKpoint PrereleasePromo (Assume its Greninja)
95 - Pikachu
96 - Umbreon

Tins:
103 - Mewtwo EX
104 - Machamp EX
105 - Gyrados EX

Boxes:
106 - Red Gyrados
107 - Mew
108 - Celebi
109 - Jirachi
110 - Darkrai
111 - Manaphy
112 - Shaymin
113 - Arceus
114 - Victini
115 - Keldeo
116 - Genesect
117 - Meloetta
118 - Charizard EX
119 - Blastoise EX
120 - Venusuar EX
121 - Pikachu EX
122 - Ash-Greninja EX

Assuming that something weird isn't going to happen we can conclude the second JP Promo Mewtwo and Mawile EX will see Promo releases which means:

123 - Mewtwo EX
124 - Mawile EX
125 - M-Mawile EX
126 - Mawile Spirit Link

I think we can also make the assumption that the Eeveelution EX's will see a promo release. Notice how the eeveelutions are all done by Naoki Saito (a non-EX/3-D artist) where as the other three (Meowstic, Golem, and Ninetales) are all by the traditional EX artists. As well, Non 3-D EX artwork has a proven tenancy to end up on the promo/mini-set side of the TCG with only exceptions being those composed by Ryota Murayama (Groudon EX, Kyogre EX, Rayquaza EX, and Hoopa EX) which all happen to be "cover cards" of their sets and borderline 3-D unless examined closely (I didn't even notice Groudon and Kyogre were non 3-D until I began gathering details for this post).

127 - Vaporeon EX
128 - Jolteon EX
129 - Leafeon EX

And furthermore, if we assume the unreleased unique Gym challenge promos (JP numbers cited for reference) will see a English release as part of XY10 blister promos, then:

130 - XY10 Pre-release Promo (Delphox)
131 - Lanturn (111/XY-P)
132 - Vivillion (165/XY-P)
133 - T̶o̶a̶d̶ ̶K̶i̶l̶l̶e̶r̶ Marowak (169/XY-P)

Now, this puts us snuggly up to the BREAKevolution box promos, but cards can also be moved around and space can be filled with cards like the new Greninja promo in japan and things we haven't seen yet.

RANDOM FUN FACT: They guy who drew (baby) Hoopa EX and Pikachu EX is the guy who designed the Tyrantrum, Aurorus, Pangoro, Malamr, and Inkay evolution lines.

Last edited:
Empoleon BREAK ''times the number of Pokémon your opponent has in play'' why not times the number of your Pokémon you have in play :( it would be amazing :D Anyway pretty nice BREAK Evolution Box.

It's basically a counter to M-Rayquaza (Colorless).

If Empoleon BREAK is facing a full Sky Field deck, it's going to be dealing 240, adding a muscle band KO'es Warlord EX.

Don't get me wrong, I wish it was your's instead of your opponent's too :(.

It's basically a counter to M-Rayquaza (Colorless).

If Empoleon BREAK is facing a full Sky Field deck, it's going to be dealing 240, adding a muscle band KO'es Warlord EX.

Don't get me wrong, I wish it was your's instead of your opponent's too :(.
Too bad a Wailord deck will never have eight Pokémon in play.

And Mega Rayquaza isn't even good anymore. It's a rogue deck, if even that. A more accurate description of Empoleon would be a Raichu counter, since Raichu is actually a tournament-level threat right now.

And since Raichu only has 90 HP, it doesn't even need a counter. Nearly anything in the game right now can OHKO it.

I think it's absolutely stupid that the release dates are now release by dates. What's the whole point of setting a date when it's release by? The release of a product shouldn't be up to a shop's discretion; it should be a set date internationally (excluding Japan of course).

Back