New 'Battle Arena Deck: Mewtwo vs. Darkrai'

Considering tournaments are heading in the Expanded direction, I don't even really think it matters whether or not these cards will be Standard format reprints or not.

I just feel like they're really cheap, to boast about 10 foil cards of which 8 are just energy.
I, for one, am happy to get 8 foil darkness energy to go with the ones from the Yveltal VS Xerneas ones so I finally have enough to take the last few non-foils out of my decks.

Considering tournaments are heading in the Expanded direction, I don't even really think it matters whether or not these cards will be Standard format reprints or not.

I, for one, am happy to get 8 foil darkness energy to go with the ones from the Yveltal VS Xerneas ones so I finally have enough to take the last few non-foils out of my decks.
I get the point, but isn't it rather meh if you don't get any exclusive Pokémon foils? Yes to me, at least.

Did I just see the trainer card "N" in the description.
*Falls on the floor and starts having a seizure with excitement

If these decks can be used in standard, then many fans will be happy that N is around for yet another season, just like the FA Skyla reprint, they have going on atm in japan.

No. No one wants N to stick around for another season, the card's power-level is absurd. No card should have the sheer level of versatility that N has.

Oh for christ's sake... PTCi! Is it so hard to understand?! This is format. This is where Mewtwo and Darkrai are. This is trash can. This is where Mewtwo and Darkrai should be.

if they make these standard legal, im gonna walk down to the Pokemon Company and bitchslap everyone who was responsible... #fightthepower

Hello Mewtwo EX, my old friend. I, for one, have mixed feelings about this if it ends up being Standard legal. On the one hand, I am excited to keep my old friend Mewtwo EX, but on the other hand, I HATE N's impact on the game(I miss the days when I could actually plan out my hand from one turn to the next). I guess we will see. Either way, this will be a nice, cheap(hopefully) way to obtain these EX's for expanded/standard.

I was really hoping for a nice new start with XY-on, and suddenly Expanded is everywhere and N's getting reprinted.

Hopefully this really is just for Expanded.

So will these be New prints of the cards or just the old versions of them from Legendary Treasures? If these are Reprints Everyone in the competitive Pokemon world Will go Crazy.

Hopefully N gets reprinted with this set. I'm hopeful. The Kalos Starter set reprinted Crushing Hammer but that was the Starter Set. I really wanna use N in Standard.

But this looks like a great move the TCG. Including EX cards in a prebuilt deck even though they're older EXs. DARKRAI WILL NEVER DIE!

The SRP is confirmed by retailers at $29.99

Last edited:
So will these be New prints of the cards or just the old versions of them from Legendary Treasures? If these are Reprints Everyone in the competitive Pokemon world Will go Crazy.
They're most likely reprints since the product description would usually say they're new ("never before seen"). At best they'll have new artwork.

Wait a sec... "Never Before Seen"? This can mean that these will be completely new and different cards. Possibly... Maybe... Please, TPCi?

I haven't notice anyone bring up the fact that there will be another Mewtwo EX and 2 M Mewtwo EX cards in the upcoming break evolution set (I forget what the official name is), so I wonder if/how these will affect it. Hopefully, these are just Legendary Treasures reprint trash to make expanded more accessible to newcomers.

They're most likely reprints since the product description would usually say they're new ("never before seen"). At best they'll have new artwork.

Wait a sec... "Never Before Seen"? This can mean that these will be completely new and different cards. Possibly... Maybe... Please, TPCi?

Hermione_eye_roll.gif

It's like you people want Darkrai to never leave to format.

Every card has to die someday (except Switch).

Back