New 'Battle Arena Deck: Mewtwo vs. Darkrai'

I bet these will also cost $50 in Canada. Though these decks seem more reasonable for that.

Guys, you seem to be forgetting, Darkrai is the format. There is no format without Darkrai. You do not play competitively without Darkrai.

100 years from now, when the world is dim from Nuclear War, Darkrai will still be in the format

Question is, will these be old promos, making us unable to use them in standard? Or will they basically me "renewed" for standard format, as a reprint?

The game is all about Pokemon-EX so its nice that new players can finally learn to play with them. I'm all for this as long as this doesn't make the cards standard eligible.

Did I just see the trainer card "N" in the description.
*Falls on the floor and starts having a seizure with excitement

If these decks can be used in standard, then many fans will be happy that N is around for yet another season, just like the FA Skyla reprint, they have going on atm in japan.

Pretty sure there will be a price increase. Our cost increased $2.75 on the arena decks, and $0.75 on the new tins. I think Mewtwo will be worth it tho.

If true, this sounds pretty awesome! It seems to indicate that Pokemon USA is starting to double down on the Expanded format whic could give some great variety (and give me more use out of these old Full Art Virizion-EXs I have).

Question - what is the source for this news? I'm not finding a press release or anything on the pokemon site... a Google search only leads here and to pokebeach's twitter account, so I'm not going to get excited quite yet.

If this is true, the other good thing here is that it makes it more likely that we can see an Emboar EX vs. Togekiss EX battle arena deck and not have them randomly thrown into a set.

Still will probably get this anyway. Again if it's true. It does seem a little too good to be true.

I hope it'll be something like XY-xx so they could rise again from the deads. N will be very wecolme in my decks again xD
I wonder what kind of attack will have both mewtwo EXs from XY break, I mean if they will be more playable than this mewtwo EX.

If true, this sounds pretty awesome! It seems to indicate that Pokemon USA is starting to double down on the Expanded format whic could give some great variety (and give me more use out of these old Full Art Virizion-EXs I have).

Question - what is the source for this news? I'm not finding a press release or anything on the pokemon site... a Google search only leads here and to pokebeach's twitter account, so I'm not going to get excited quite yet.

We sent it to PokeBeach, don't know if they got it from us or had it earlier. But here is a link to the release.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKibMcqVEAEsmAd.png

Was it said anywhere that both exes are reprints? Could they be new cards from the break set? I know yugioh and magic do release cards from new sets earlier and I was just thinking if Pokemon is about to do the same.

The game is all about Pokemon-EX so its nice that new players can finally learn to play with them. I'm all for this as long as this doesn't make the cards standard eligible.
Yeah - Japanese Theme Decks and such are always EX's. We're stuck with some random holo that doesn't even work in ours.

I just feel like they're really cheap, to boast about 10 foil cards of which 8 are just energy.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will be confusing for a lot of new players.

"What do you mean I cant use the deck I bought?" With league challenges being standard format.

League Challenges around here have been turned into Expanded format...so I guess a majority will.

We sent it to PokeBeach, don't know if they got it from us or had it earlier. But here is a link to the release.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKibMcqVEAEsmAd.png

Thanks! Definitely looking forward to seeing what these decks look like. I would assume these will be expanded and not XY reprints. I think they'll be along the lines of the new Hoenn Power Tins and Kypgre / Groudon tins, which came with an online code for prebuilt decks with 2 EX cards and supporters, and a handful of meh non-EXs. But as a backbone for an Expanded deck, this is pretty awesome.

Back