New ACE SPEC, Pokevital A, Revealed from “Night Wanderer!”

I feel like the restriction in this card and Neutral Center is just so that they don't get abused by Stall/Control decks (cof Snorlax cof)

In my opinion there are so many ways that this would work well and not... this is a really good card and would help against strong meta deck, but in my opinion there are better ace spec cards that are better...

I don't think the gamemakers want the LZ to lurk around beyond the reg mark its mechanic is featured in.
False.

Lost zone has been featured before in multiple cards. Prism star cards went into the LZ instead of the discard pile.

Can we all agree that this is the worst ACE-SPEC yet? Because Scoop Up Cyclone does the same job better? And why is it that every ACE-SPEC announced past Twilight Masquerade has had the “can’t be recovered” line of text? I kind of get why they did it to Neutral Center because of Roseanne’s Backup, but why do it to a glorified potion?

They really saw that some cards had the ability to get ace spec cards out of the discard pile allowing for multiple uses, so they added the line that says it can't be returned from the discard pile.

Can we all agree that this is the worst ACE-SPEC yet? Because Scoop Up Cyclone does the same job better? And why is it that every ACE-SPEC announced past Twilight Masquerade has had the “can’t be recovered” line of text? I kind of get why they did it to Neutral Center because of Roseanne’s Backup, but why do it to a glorified potion?

Item box is bad too.

And so is the stadium. This is not much better

Item box is bad too.

And so is the stadium. This is not much better
The stadium is definitely worse than this. You could easily get zero use out of the stadium (bumped in your opponents next turn); this card at least you can use once.

It does not in fact share the same job as Scoop Up Cyclone. If you're using a pokemon with a heavy energy investment you'd like for the energy to stay instead of going up to your hand.

But I do agree that it doesnt really need the permanent graveyard thing. The worst I can think of is Ursaluna/Pidgeot control looping the potion and preventing the opponent to two shot anything.

I can design a better card in 3 minutes.

Choose 1:

- Heal 200 damage from any of your pokemon
- Remove 15 damage counters from your pokemon in anyway you like
- Remove all damage from 1 of your pokemon, if you do: discard all energies from that pokemon

If you played Pokevital A before in this game: you can't play this card or use any of its effects again for the rest of the game.

-------

Is still bad, as it competes with better ace specs, but it allows you to recycle it in case it gets discarded or something (you just can't use it twice). It also gets you more bang for your buck by providing multiple healing options.

Man, they seem to release half assed cards that won't see play because they don't playtest them enough. There was no harm in making hiper aroma a "grab any number of stage 1 pokemon from your deck and put them into your hand" or item box being so weak.
No, you evidently cannot. The pokebeach news article peanut gallery never fails to disappoint.

Back