New 3DS Pokemon Art Game, 'Pokemon Art Academy' [4/29]

WOW Nintendo!! - Really like this idea. Pokémon have always been popular inspiration for young developing artists.. Looks like fun and will help teach fundamentals & encourage creativity!!

Meh, clearly intended for little kids. This is fairly disapointing because it makes me worry about where their priorities with spinoffs is going.

I'm definitely getting this game. Everyone always said I was an expert artist!

Teaches you how to draw Pokemon. I suppose it does what it says but at that price it seems more like a cash in to me. I doubt it would have much more range than the other games.

Learn to learn from observation and save your money for better drawing software for the PC I'd say. This would work much better as DLC.

On Miiverse many posted Pokémon fanart so Game Freak thinked "why don't make an Art Academy about Pokémon?" ... this is how Pokémon Art Academy was born XDDD
Anyway, I don't think I will buy it (even if it's a good idea)... I already know how to draw and the other day I bought a Figure Drawing (mannequin) XD plus I use a free software to draw (and the 3ds is a little small to draw XD)

Kids want to learn how to draw Pokemon? Your Pokedex is an automatic art reference.

For the price it's at, this really isn't worth it anyway. I already said my stance on this but I think this was probably not the best decision out there.

I don't see that much problems with this game. While I say I want more mature Pokémon games, when it comes to an art game...well, I don't mind being the way it is, with a soft/child look.
It seems to have a nice set of tools and even uses shapes to teach which is rather good. I just think this game could also be released on the WiiU.

I actually think it looks pretty nice. It's a nice way of learning how to draw Pokémon. I do think that it's expensive. Since I'm not much of an artist myself I probably won't get it. I would have for half the price, probably.

Game is officially coming to the US and Europe!: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/release-your-inner-artist/

Back