TCG Fakes Neko's Fake Creations: Cards, Screencaps, and More!

RE: Neko's Random Cards: ACE SPEC! 2/6/13

Blui129 said:
And with that we wait for Asche to do the Plasma blanks...or we could make 'em ourselves

Here's a Plasma version of my Ace Spec blank:

ace_spec_plasma_blank_by_karite_kita_neko-d5u7tl4.png
holo_plasma_acespec_zpscfc2dd8a.png

I wasn't sure how I should go about the appearance of the "Team Plasma" bar, since it would've overlapped the "Ace Spec" text if I put it above or would've been partially covered up if I put it below, so I put the background below the "Ace Spec" text and the "Team Plasma" text above it. Not sure how accurate this is, since there aren't any Team Plasma Ace Spec cards yet.

Wow Neko, you've been a great resource builder as of lately! And seeing your printed fakes always cheers me up. :)

Delta Nite said:
Wow Neko, you've been a great resource builder as of lately! And seeing your printed fakes always cheers me up. :)

When you're not feeling creative, make things for other people to be created with.

I'm glad my printed fakes cheer you up. I've been wanting to make some more, but I've not drawn anything suitable recently and I only print fakes with my own art, to test custom templates, or, in the case of Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, to make anime-exclusive cards. I'm wanting to try drawing a new Misty pic or something and use it on my new expanded-art classic Trainer blank.

Grumpigfarmer said:
Love the face mask type up:)

Thanks! I thought it would be funny. I like making spoofs from time to time.

---

UPDATE: Asche got me wanting to make another Ancient-style card, so here's Ancient Azelf!

ancient_azelf_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d5vgnbr.png

Translation:
Azelf HP50 (P)
Attack - (P)(P) Spunk 60
Description - Willpower, Grass-cutting Sword
Weakness - (P), Resistance - (none), Retreat Cost - (2)

The runes aren't the exact ones used on Ancient Mew, but they're the closest I could find. Also, the symbols don't correspond to Ancient Mew's translation. Instead, I just left each letter in the order that the font had them. It's much easier that way (though I still would had tried it if this font had all the symbols that Ancient Mew has).

RE: Awesome Tricks and Screenies to prove them

How to Catch Ancient Mew in Pokemon Red and Blue:

how_to_catch_ancient_mew_in_pokemon_red_and_blue_by_karite_kita_neko-d5vs4v9.png

Ancient Mew is such a cool Pokémon card, but did you know that it was based on a normally-unobtainable version of Mew programmed into Pokémon Red, Blue, and the Japanese Green (its coding doesn't exist in Pokémon Yellow because the extra data created by Pikachu's "real voice" corrupted the data)? Someone unknown programmed it into the game without permission during the last phase of development. Other developers didn't notice it until they started reworking the data to make Gold and Silver, when they finally removed it. They later thought to bring it back as a Legendary Pokémon obtainable from one of the statues in the Ruins of Alph (which went by a different name at the time, as the Unown were going to be non-Pokémon runes, since those already existed in the coding), but instead decided to make it into a TCG-exclusive card.

Some of you who like to play with glitches may have noticed that the characters in the player's name affects the Pokémon that appear on Cinnabar's east coast. MissingNo. appears when you talk to the old man because the game temporarily treats OLD MAN as your name. In order for Ancient Mew to appear, your name must be YAILPHX.

Be sure to catch it before it gets a chance to attack, because all of its moves are glitchy and will make your game freeze, potentially harming your save data. This is likely because the person who programmed it into the game didn't have time to give it a proper move pool (it probably took too long to create the extra text table that contains the runes). Due to its ridiculously-low catch rate, only a Master Ball will work. After catching it, the Pokédex attempts to register it, but due to improper coding, it blanks out for about 30 seconds, then loads a page full of question marks and glitchy symbols. Like Mew, it can learn all TMs and HMs, so be sure to delete those harmful glitch attacks right away!

Put these on supercheats. Little kiddies would be all over this stuff.

I remember this topic from back in the day...great to see it back. :D

Re: Awesome Tricks and Screenies to prove them

My science... as a glitch hobbyist, I am torn between commending you for hacking a rom to put these sprites in, and hating you for it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

don()shinobi said:
Put these on supercheats. Little kiddies would be all over this stuff.

I remember this topic from back in the day...great to see it back. :D

While I do enjoy making these, I don't really like lying. That's why I post these in the Fake Creations forum or, when posted elsewhere, hide something like "this trick is fake" somewhere toward the end. It's amazing how many people overlook this. I've already had a few people fall for the Jirachi in GSC and one who recently fell for the new Ancient Mew trick.

PellOfTheTundra said:
My science... as a glitch hobbyist, I am torn between commending you for hacking a rom to put these sprites in, and hating you for it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The majority of these are really just image-manipulations. The Jirachi, Kurusu, and Prof. Oak tricks are the only ones I actually hacked into the games. I also have a video for catching Yoshi in GSC, but I don't think I ever posted it here.

Those look very real, I could never make something like that :)

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Corsola Promo 3/13/13

UPDATE: Here's an alternate-art version of my Create-a-Card submission for this month. I based the art on Miki Tanaka's Horsea from Neo Genesis.

corsola_card_alt__art_promo_by_karite_kita_neko-d5xx5ai.png

Head over to this month's contest thread if you want to see the other version.

Arcticwhite said:
Awwww that must be the cutest card I've ever seen!

You clearly haven't seen Ken Sugimori's Lily pad Mew (no idea why they call it that, since its laying on a rock) or Mitsuhiro Arita's Vending Series Eevee (my favorite card art of all). Thanks, though!

Couldn't get the image to load. But know that I see it, I love the alternate artwork! Awesome!

Thanks! The alternate art seems to be a lot more popular than I expected. I may use a similar style for some of my future fakes.

UPDATE: Very minor, but I updated the text on the alternate-art Corsola promo. GIMP renders small text rather sloppily (the spacing between some letters looks really off), so I redid the text in Photoshop.

corsola_card_alt__art_promo_by_karite_kita_neko-d5xx5ai.png

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Easter Chansey 3/30/13

Amazing as usual KKN, although I have one problem, the spacing with the lines for Scavenger Hunt look a bit too big, it might just be me though.

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Easter Chansey 3/30/13

Thanks!

Now that you mention it, the line spacing does seem a bit too big. It looked fine originally, but I had to make the text smaller to fit the "This power can't be used..." bit, but I didn't think about adjusting the line spacing afterward. I'll try to fix this soon!

EDIT: Fixed!

chansey_easter_promo_by_karite_kita_neko-d5ymwbo.png

UPDATE: While we're on the subject of Chansey...

fairicity_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d5ynw4x.png

I've been meaning to make a card with this art ever since I made it...

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Final Easter Promo 3/30/13

Great job on Blissey, Fairicity, and Chansey! You never fail to impress me, Nekoban Ryo. Your cards are amazing and it's good to see how far you've come from the beginning. You continue to improve and that is what I really admire.

Keep up the good work!

Back