Art Gallery Neko's Art Showcase: Digivolve into Mega! 11/10/14

RE: Nekoban Ryo's Art Showcase: Ice Cream! 05/30/11

Here's that Vanillish picture in the same style as my Vanillite and Vanilluxe pics:
vanillish_by_karite_kita_neko-d3hlpaj.png

And here is a drawing of some of the creatures I've made for a custom card game/story in an old, simple Chinese style:
the_elemental_landrulers_by_karite_kita_neko-d3i2zde.png

Listed from left to right, top to bottom:

*TrisonaElai: Known as the Elandruler, TrisonaElai is the embodiment of a storm. TrisonaElai appears to be a yellow feline-like humanoid with glowing stripes that is sometimes depicted riding a cloud. He has power over thunder, lightning, and wind. His name comes from "electricity" and "oni", the Japanese word for ogre. TrisonaElai may be based on a Japanese oni god of storms, Raijin.

*AuriQua: Known as the Qualandruler, AuriQua embodies the element of water. AuriQua appears to be a type of blue-skinned merman with a diamond-shaped head. He has power over water, ice, and marine life. His name comes from "aqua", the Latin word for water. AuriQua may be based on the Greek god, Poseidon.

*KaizonioVol: Known as the Volandruler, KaizonioVol embodies the element of fire. KaizonioVol appears to be a magma-bodied humanoid with a flame-shaped head. He has power over fire, magma/lava, and the passion of warriors. His name comes from "volcano" and "kai", the Japanese word for power. KaisonioVol may be based on Vulcan, the Roman god of volcanoes and craftmanshift.

*EstForor: Known as the Forlandruler, EstForor is the embodiment of a forest. EstForor appears to be a green alien-like humanoid with long hair and elf-like ears and is sometimes depicted as being part-tree. He has power over plant-life, soil, and has the ability to predict the future by reading the stars. His name comes from "forest". EstForor may be based on the Green Man, an elf, or a forest sprite.

RE: Nekoban Ryo's Art Showcase: Shiny Nidoran ♂ added 06/08/11

UPDATE: Finally! A pic that involved some traditional drawing! Here's "I haz carrot":

i_haz_carrot_by_karite_kita_neko-d3id88x.png

Shiny Nidoran ♂ loves his carrot.

Nidoran ♂ is my favorite Poison-type Pokémon.
I found a shiny one in the Safari Zone on FireRed and caught it several years ago.
Unfortunately, I let someone borrow the game and they lost it. :(

I really like the coloring of the traditional art.

BlueEmboar said:
aww, so cute! Good work!
Nidoran does look rather cute holding a giant carrot. >w<
Thank you!

Shadic said:
I really like the coloring of the traditional art.
Thanks! Sadly, I don't color much traditionally nowadays. :/

RE: Nekoban Ryo's Art Showcase: PokeBall added 06/30/11

UPDATE: New PokeBall pic added.

pokeball_by_karite_kita_neko-d3khvme.png

The lighting is off, but I'm still pretty happy with it. :)

That PokeBall…

Needs to go on card artwork. It's amazing! :D

The art is so detailed, I love how the red part, the top, has the swirls; and how the ball has flames coming out of it. It gives Pokemon a more, less-childish look, if that makes any sense.

Decmaster said:
That PokeBall…

Needs to go on card artwork. It's amazing! :D

The art is so detailed, I love how the red part, the top, has the swirls; and how the ball has flames coming out of it. It gives Pokemon a more, less-childish look, if that makes any sense.

Thank you! I did attempt to make a card of sorts with it, though I would love if it could make it onto an official card. One of my biggest dreams that will likely never come true is to have at least 1 of my illustrations featured on a card. Another is to design at least 1 official Pokemon, which is also unlikely.

I'm glad you like it! And it does makes sense. I would personally love a non child-based 3D RPG Pokemon game. Nothing too extreme, though. Maybe something along the lines of Pokemon Special/Adventures. That manga was great.

Wow, these are very good. Lesser practiced styles are always more enjoyable. Can't wait to see more ^_^

Chillarmy said:
I really like that card! Do you use gimp?

Thanks!

Yes I do. GIMP = <3

Juliacoolo said:
Wow, these are very good. Lesser practiced styles are always more enjoyable. Can't wait to see more ^_^

Thank you! :D

*can't type a lot due to the kitten sleeping on my left arm*

RE: Nekoban Ryo's Art Showcase: Sleeping added 07/10/11

UPDATE: Sleeping Dunsparce!

sleeping_dunsparce_by_karite_kita_neko-d3lfsg6.png

Just a quick colorization of a recent Dunsparce sketch: [link]

Features both regular and shiny versions.

Looks good -- simple, but it works. I like the effects you used which make it look like a watercolor.

CMP said:
Looks good -- simple, but it works. I like the effects you used which make it look like a watercolor.

Thanks. :)

I tried to keep it fairly simple, similar to my shiny Nidoran pic (since it's my most popular deviation). It was quick and easy to make.

RE: Nekoban Ryo's Art Showcase: "Bathtime: Quagsire & Wooper" added 07/26/11

I haven't been able to draw for over a month, but I REALLY wanted to make something new, so I returned to Microsoft Publisher again.

bathtime__quagsire_and_wooper_by_karite_kita_neko-d41nwez.png

I love Quagsire's derpy face. >w<

RE: Nekoban Ryo's Art Showcase: "Bathtime: Quagsire & Wooper" added 07/26/11

Amazing work man, really enjoying your publisher style : )

RE: Nekoban Ryo's Art Showcase: Wash Rotom added 07/27/11

Thanks! I'm glad you like it (especially since it's the only kind of art I can do for now).

---

UPDATE: I made a Wash Rotom pic last night (/early this morning). Here are a few different versions. Which is your fave?

Rug (posted on dA):
wash_rotom_stitches_by_karite_kita_neko-d41ss8j.jpg

Failed photo-manip:
rotom_rug.png

Microsoft Publisher 100%:
rotom_W.png

Partial texture overlay:
rotom_new.png

The colors used in the background represent Rotom's other forms: Fan (yellow), Mow (green), Freeze (violet), and Heat (red).

I didn't really like how the background turned out, so I tried making a new one and ended up failing horribly, so I decided to stick with this one (at least until I get my art skills back). I applied a canvas filter via GIMP to give it that stitched look, which ultimately brought the background and foreground together. It wasn't intentional, but it got the job done and gave it a pretty cool look as well (imo).

RE: Nekoban Ryo's Art Showcase: All Rotom forms added 07/30/11

UPDATE: Following the same style as my Wash Rotom pic, here are the remaining Rotom forms...

My second favorite form, Frost Rotom:
freeze_rotom_stitches_by_karite_kita_neko-d4221c7.jpg

Without texture overlay:
Rotom_F_bg.png

My third favorite form, Mow Rotom:
mow_rotom_stitches_by_karite_kita_neko-d422mne.jpg

Without texture overlay:
mow_rotom.png

My second-to-least favorite form, Heat Rotom:
heat_rotom_stitches_by_karite_kita_neko-d425mq5.jpg

Without texture overlay:
heat_rotom_bg.png

My least-favorite form, Spin Rotom:
spin_rotom_stitches_by_karite_kita_neko-d4238jp.jpg

Without texture overlay:
fan_rotom.png

And to top things off, here's a normal Rotom:
rotom_stitches_by_karite_kita_neko-d425n89.jpg

Without texture overlay:
rotom_normal.png

Looking good! Those Rotom would make an awesome computer background in my opinion! Great Job! :D

BlueEmboar said:
Looking good! Those Rotom would make an awesome computer background in my opinion! Great Job! :D

Thank you! Personally, I think they're a bit too vivid to work as computer backgrounds. It might hurt your eyes, especially with the background pattern. One might be able to edit them in order to make them work, though.

Thanks again!

---

UPDATE: Mystery Tiles AZM...
sym_birds2.gif

(Animated version shown above. Click here for high-quality, non-animated version on dA.)

These mysterious stone tiles were discovered in ancient ruins. Experts believe that ancient people used these tiles as a seasonal calendar.

Mystery Tile A (blue) represents Articuno and glows during Winter. Mystery Tile Z (yellow) represents Zapdos and glows during Summer. Mystery Tile M (red) represents Moltres and glows during Spring. When no tiles glow, it is Autumn.

Other than representing them, could these tiles be linked to the Legendary Pokemon?

Back