Art Gallery Neko's Art Showcase: Digivolve into Mega! 11/10/14

RE: Nekoban Ryo's Art Showcase: Updated 01/03/11

@XieRH: I've tried that one, too. There's no hope for me.

@kayiu102: It's taken years of practice. Apply yourself enough and you'll be amazed at what you can do!

---

UPDATE: A sloppily colorized version of a Dragonair doodle I drew a while back.
dragonair__heart_and_soul__by_karite_kita_neko-d3766dc.png

It could use a lot of work, but I can't be bothered to make any changes. If anyone wants to make changes to it, feel free. If you do, feel free to feature it in your own gallery.

It's taken years of practice

Oh definitely.

Plus it helps if you can find the appropriate tutorials. For instance when learning to draw people, you definitely need to source for tutorials

Plus it helps if you can find the appropriate tutorials. For instance when learning to draw people, you definitely need to source for tutorials

Yes! Most definately!

---

Remember when I said I wouldn't do any more to that Dragonair pic? I lied. I made an effort to edit it some more. It lookes better than it did, imo, though it could STILL use some work. I haven't added it to my dA yet, but I'll post it here anyway.

Dragonair_new.png

RE: Nekoban Ryo's Art Showcase: Updated 01/14/11

I actually prefer it without the crazy colour backdrop :p

RE: Nekoban Ryo's Art Showcase: Updated 01/17/11

My goal wasn't really to give it a crazy color backdrop. I was more-or-less trying to give the Dragonair themselves more of a texture. This texture helps distract the viewers from my failed cell-shading. Lol. However, I personally like it more myself, crazy background and all. Worked nice on the card I used it on, imo. Of course, nothing in this world can suit everyone's taste.

UPDATE: Simple Staryu added...

staryu_quickie_by_karite_kita_neko-d37936i.png

Threw this together really quick in Paint and smoothed the lines out a bit with Inkscape.

RE: Nekoban Ryo's Art Showcase: Updated 02/27/11

UPDATE: I hadn't been able to draw traditionally since the year started, but that has FINALLY changed. Here are some things I've made since my last update.

Unown A added to the Digital section:
unown_a_by_karite_kita_neko-d383gb4.png

An Unown to finish off my mini-set (ALEX).

Froslass T-shirt design added to the Digital section:

Click the thumbnail for full-view.

A Borrowed Cat Graphics Logo added to the Digital section:
a_borrowed_cat_graphics_by_karite_kita_neko-d3agdpa.png

In my Corporate Design class, we were required to make logos for our own graphics business. I figured I could just tweak the logo I had already made for my deviantArt account, so I took out "Karite-Kita-Neko at deviantArt.com" and replaced it with the large, cursive "Graphics" as well as extending the cat's tail to form the G. Again, for those of you who don't know, my deviantArt username (Karite-Kita-Neko) translates into "A borrowed cat". This phrase refers to someone behaving in an unusually quiet or well-behaved way opposed to his/her original nature, like a cat in unfamiliar territory. This describes me perfectly.

Yami Bakura added to the Traditional section:
yami_bakura_by_karite_kita_neko-d3ahc8s.jpg

My first decent traditional drawing this year. I'm nearly certain this is the first time I've ever drawn a non-monster Yu-Gi-Oh! character. I've been practicing drawing eyes from Yu-Gi-Oh! and I managed to get Yami Bakura's down pat. Originally I was going to work on my Yu-Gi-Oh! OC, but I ended up drawing this guy instead. I based this picture on a picture of my Yami Bakura cosplay.

Manga-style Yami Bakura added to the Hand/Digital section:
manga_style_yami_bakura_by_karite_kita_neko-d3ajh38.png

A manga-style version of the above drawing. Another alternate version, mostly to appease fangirls, was made into a bookmark. [link]

Pretty cool! Dots sort of make the shirt and jewel blended together, and makes it hard to tell the difference...

@aggiegwyn: Thanks. I agree with you. Of course, oftentimes shadows do cause things to blend together, especially in greyscale.

@Extreme Pokemon Fan: One of these days, but probably not anytime soon. I'll probably draw Reshiram before I draw Zekrom because, 1, it looks nicer and, 2, it seems like it would be easier.

---

UPDATE: New shiny Porygon picture...
shiny_porygon_by_karite_kita_neko-d3apdjl.png

RE: Nekoban Ryo's Art Showcase: Updated 03/29/11

UPDATE: Nothing much. I really should've had more drawings done (seeing as my art calendar is due at the end of next month), but I just haven't been able to do it. I hate these times that I can't draw what I want...

Here's a simple Dunsparce papercraft. True, it looks really simple, but some of the smaller parts are really difficult to fold and glue. Click here for shiny version.
dunsparce_papercraft_by_karite_kita_neko-d3cgrxl.png

And here's a new male base. Feel free to trace this, edit it, or just use it as an anatomy reference. If you do either of the first two, please give credit.
male_base_2_by_karite_kita_neko-d3cozcu.png

RE: Nekoban Ryo's Art Showcase: Updated 03/29/11

UPDATE: "Hiro Revisited" added to the Original Characters section of Hand/Digital artwork.
new_oc__by_karite_kita_neko-d3cusjc.png

Finally, some new OC artwork! This is a redesign of an OC I made about 4 years ago, as can be seen here.

Until now, I hadn't really cared much for his design, so I never bothered creating a backstory for him. I'll try to do this sometime soon.

EDIT: *Looks at avatar, looks at Hiro, looks back at avatar, back at Hiro* Woah, I hadn't realized how similar Hiro's hair was to my Pokemon Trainer OC. :|

RE: Nekoban Ryo's Art Showcase: Updated 04/20/11

No comments? Sad day. Anyway, sorry I haven't been very active lately. I really don't like finals...

UPDATE: Here are some things I've made since my last update.

Hiro - Cell Shading Attempt: My effort to cell shade my previously-submitted OC, Hiro. Also, I finally figured out what to make him. He is a human, but he is also a bounty hunter/alchemist. This may change in the future, but it's the only thing I can come up with for the time being.

Pantan Concept: A fakemon that I had came up with a while back, but had never made any artwork of, other than a sprite. Pantan was based on one of my cats that passed away last August, Pan. He is a maine coon. Alternate artwork can be seen here.

My Dunsparce, Uchino and Noko: Uchino is my main Dunsparce in Pokemon LeafGreen. She is a Modest-natured Special Attacker. Noko is my main Dunsparce in Pokemon HeartGold. He is a shiny Adamant-natured Physical Attacker. Their nicknames are derived from the creature Dunsparce is based on, tsuchinoko.

RE: Nekoban Ryo's Art Showcase: Updated 04/20/11

Finally updating with some new stuff...

First up, a colorized version of a Fakemon I designed over 3 years ago:
fakemon__liftbelle_by_karite_kita_neko-d3eldvz.png

Liftbelle (Japanese: キヌトンボ Kinutonbo) is a Bug/Dragon-type Fakemon introduced in Pokemon HeavenEarth Version. Liftbelle is the Stage 2 evolution of Wanzer. Liftbelle is based on a dragonfly and a silkmoth. Liftbelle's Japanese name (Kinutonbo) is a combination of the Japanese words "kinu" (silk) and "tonbo" (dragonfly). Its English name comes from the German word for dragonfly, "libelle", combined with "lift". I made an effort to color this one similarly to the classic Ken Sugimori illustrations. Though it's probably the best I've done, I still need to work on this style...

Next up is a custom mug I designed in one of my graphic design classes:
custom___maneki_neko___mug_by_karite_kita_neko-d3fkypi.jpg

A maneki neko-themed mug. I based this artwork on the tessallation I did a couple years ago. If you're interested in downloading or buying this print, click here.

A friend of mine requested a Pikachu drawing, so here's what I made:
pikachu_doodles_by_karite_kita_neko-d3fmsub.png

You know, Pikachu is actually one of the harder Pokemon for me to draw, it and Eevee. They look pretty simple, but rarely can I get them to look right. To this day, I've not managed to draw a decent Pikachu or an even semi-decent Eevee.

And then I started making pictures in Microsoft Publisher:
shiny_dunsparce_msp_v2_by_karite_kita_neko-d3foay7.png

I love my Noko. <3

The cutest fusion in the world:
dunspawott_by_karite_kita_neko-d3fvj4y.png

On another Pokemon forum, I had requested a splice of Dunsparce and Oshawott. I thought the result was adorable, so I made some art of it.

And then I was inspired:
oshawott_by_karite_kita_neko-d3ggmcl.png

To draw Oshawott.

Which led to:
dewott_msp_by_karite_kita_neko-d3gkxn7.png

Its evolution! Dewott is one of my favorite Generation 5 Pokemon.

I hope you enjoyed this update!

RE: Nekoban Ryo's Art Showcase: Updated 05/28/11

UPDATE:

froslad_by_karite_kita_neko-d3h26eu.png

An attempt to make a male Froslass (Froslad). It still looks too feminine, imo, so I'll probably redesign it sometime.

vanillite_forms_by_karite_kita_neko-d3hgasf.png

Vanillite pics that I made on Microsoft Publisher.

RE: Nekoban Ryo's Art Showcase: Froslad and Vanillite added 05/28/11

The Man-Froslass's head strangely reminds me of Spike from MLP

Spike.jpg

...think its the mouth

RE: Nekoban Ryo's Art Showcase: Ice Cream! 05/30/11

Hmm... Yeah, I can see where you get that.

I totally wasn't aware that there was a MLP cartoon. o.o

---

UPDATE: New Vanilluxe (Microsoft Publisher) added.
vanilluxe_by_karite_kita_neko-d3hkuvf.png

Aaand Vanillish in a style you probably weren't expecting:
_vanillish__by_karite_kita_neko-d3hlo4z.png

Back