Need help with staples

Yamato

Aspiring Trainer
I'm trying to get the current staples for all tier 1 decks before I make my deck. I'm also starting out in the game. Currently I'm not sure what tier 1 deck to make. I'm actually looking for something easy to play as tier 1. Also, my budget is low-mid.

Yamato said:
I'm trying to get the current staples for all tier 1 decks before I make my deck. I'm also starting out in the game. Currently I'm not sure what tier 1 deck to make. I'm actually looking for something easy to play as tier 1. Also, my budget is low-mid.

Start with these staples. You need a set of 4 of these cards

Prof. Juniper
N
Pokemon catcher
Bianca
Switch
Skyla

Obviously you wont play all 4 of these cards in every deck, but those are the main staples for every deck that I can think of. Lots of supporters and catchers are always needed.

As far as cheap Tier one builds go, rayeels and darkrai are probobly the cheapest routes you can go IMO

Thanks for replying. I currently I have only 4 Prof. Juniper, 2 N and 2 Skyla as staples. Is Hypnotoxic Laser needed for the deck you mentioned? Is there a deck list for the Rayeel/Darkrai deck?

You can check out starter lists for all metagame decks in this forum here: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum-bw-on-metagame-deck-discussion

dmaster out.

If I was you I'd go with dark-rai its pretty cheap, straight forward, powerful, and with the new set coming out will still be a viable deck to play (although tbh id wait until after plasma freeze came out to start buildign it as the deck list will change a bit im sure)

Darkrai or Rayeels decks are probably the cheap and viable decks right now.
Also, I would try to get some ace spec possibly Computer Search as it would help a Darkrai deck alot.

Yamato said:
I've actually decided to build big basics. What's the staples for the deck?

well big basics is far from cheap but heres a basic list

3 landorus ex ($25)
2 tornadus ex ($25)
1 mewtwo ex (promo $7)
2 boufalant dex ($1-$2)
1 victini NVI ($2-$3?)

4 juniper
4 n
3 bianca
2 skyla

4 switch
4 hypnotoxic laser ($3)
3 energy switch
3 max potions (3-5)
2 evoilite
2 ultra ball ($4)
4 catchers (20)
3 virbank city gym ($1-2)
1 computer search (15)

4 double colorless energy
7 fighting
1 fire
...and i think that would be the most basic 60 card BB deck. however if your going for cheap, this is not the route to go. your going to spend well over 200 bucks building this thing from scratch.

Yeah, the EX's are rather expensive though helped with the Promo Mewtwo, Catchers are always going to be expensive trying to pull them isn't worth it. Though I've pulled about 15 catchers in about 70 EP packs.

omod said:
If I was you I'd go with dark-rai its pretty cheap, straight forward, powerful, and with the new set coming out will still be a viable deck to play (although tbh id wait until after plasma freeze came out to start buildign it as the deck list will change a bit im sure)

Jenkem said:
Yamato said:
I've actually decided to build big basics. What's the staples for the deck?

well big basics is far from cheap but heres a basic list

3 landorus ex ($25)
2 tornadus ex ($25)
1 mewtwo ex (promo $7)
2 boufalant dex ($1-$2)
1 victini NVI ($2-$3?)

4 juniper
4 n
3 bianca
2 skyla

4 switch
4 hypnotoxic laser ($3)
3 energy switch
3 max potions (3-5)
2 evoilite
2 ultra ball ($4)
4 catchers (20)
3 virbank city gym ($1-2)
1 computer search (15)

4 double colorless energy
7 fighting
1 fire
...and i think that would be the most basic 60 card BB deck. however if your going for cheap, this is not the route to go. your going to spend well over 200 bucks building this thing from scratch.

Ok, Thanks.

Back