NBA Discussion Thread

Indiana so far 3/4 on their five game road trip. An impressive win over the Spurs really shows what this team is capable of. Let's see what they can do heading off to play OKC and later going home to play the Heat.

Nets finally won a game ... against the Bucks lmao.

Andrew Bynum has received an indefinite suspension by the Cavaliers for conduct decremental to the team. From the reports, it seems he is disinterested with the game of basketball. It's sad to see his career become ruined by injuries and now interest in the game.

unsheathed said:
Andrew Bynum has received an indefinite suspension by the Cavaliers for conduct decremental to the team. From the reports, it seems he is disinterested with the game of basketball. It's sad to see his career become ruined by injuries and now interest in the game.

Philly got shafted in the Bynum trade and Cleveland's getting shafted now. He has shown flashes of brilliance, unfortunately they are rather dull flashes in a blackout field.

You have to feel bad for the Cavs at this point with the Bynum failure, Waiters causing problems with other players, and Bennett being a total bust. They're banking on getting Lebron next year, but I extremely doubt that even has a chance with the train wreck this team is now. This team had a good chance to rebuild in the post-Lebron era with the luck they've got in the draft, yet just failed to get things right outside of Kyrie.

/me sighs

I'm just hoping for a nice lottery pick and LeBron at this point.

Can we just end all other Eastern Conference Matches and have MIA - IND - ATL fight each other until the end of the season?

Riskbreakers said:
Can we just end all other Eastern Conference Matches and have MIA - IND - ATL fight each other until the end of the season?

Atlanta is barely a .500 team with Horford out for a long time.

wow James lame name change

dude what the hell is wrong with Westbrook? for years he was known as the iron man, now he has like two surgeries within the last year

Hey shutup. ;[

I thought he might have the same problem Rose's body has (body not built for the explosiveness, awkward landing mechanics, etc), but Westbrook was one of the healthiest players in the league before the first round of last season's playoffs. Maybe he rushed the return like Kobe did? Then again, explosive point guards just have a bad history ever since Penny Hardaway.

The good news is that the Thunder have a solid group. Lamb and Jackson should be able to fill in for the gap until Westbrook comes back, hopefully not early like last time lol.

Terry Stotts coaching at the end of the OKC vs Portland game was great. If he doesn't win Coach of the Year, it will be a heist. He even has the feel good factor since nobody expected Portland to be this good.

Oh, right. Jeff Hornacek. I forgot the Suns share the same story lol.

Joe Johnson has ice in his veins and the Thunder choke another fourth quarter. Welp.

Bulls trade Deng to the Cavs for Bynum and three future draft picks.

Shaun Livingston was a monster during the overtimes vs Heat. It's the best I've seen him play since the devastating injury years ago.

The Houston Rockets scored 73 points in the first half in last nights' game against OKC. In the second half, the Rockets scored only 19 points (10 points in the 3rd, 9 points in the 4th) to lose 104-92.

The 54-point disparity between halfs (1st and 2nd for Houston) is the largest in NBA history.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aMs6khRYPM[/video]

I miss the old Vince Carter now.

Let's get this thread rolling again with the huge free agency period going on right now. Bit of important things going on:

- Shaun Livingston to sign for $16 million for three years with the Warriors. This signing is arguably the best "feel good" story of this offseason outside the NBA honoring Isaiah Austin.

- Marcin Gortat to sign for $60 million for five years with the Wizards. Deal has been reported to inspire Trevor Ariza to resign as well.

- Kyle Lowery mulling offer from the Raptors. Drawing interest from Houston, but idg why they'd bother. Heat have dropped all talk it seems.

- Signs are clear that Lance Stephenson and Pacers have mutual interest on signing together, but only if the price is just right. Less than eight figures is the magic number it seems. Pacers also seeking to sign CJ Miles. If it wasn't obvious, Evan Turner is gone.

-Pistons to sign Jodie Meeks for $19 million for three years. Not too sure what the thinking is here outside of their desire for shooting.

- Lebron is seeking max contract with Heat while Wade and Bosh are going to take major pay cuts. Lebron is sending his agent to talk with interested teams, which doesn't bode well for anyone looking to steal him away.

- Carmelo has sat down with Bulls. Still needs to sit down with other teams like the Mavericks and Houston before coming to a decision.

- Kyrie Irving reaches deal for a five year, $90 million extension.

- yfw kevin love still not traded

other free agent tracking here: http://www.nba.com/freeagents/2014/
day 1: http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/07/01/2014-free-agency-day-1/?ls=iref:nbahppt

I forgot this thread existed.

As a huge Suns fan, I'm in a lot of Suns groups online. The recent news about Lebron and Company has sent everyone in a frenzy. My Facebook Feed is dominated by articles about Lebron considering the Suns and all of the different offers and senarios. I hear a lot about Lebron staying in Miami and trying to get Carmelo there on ESPN, but pretty much everything else I see is devoid of those articles because it's so Suns focused.

The community is very split on the idea. No one really likes Lebron, but they'd love if he could bring a championship caliber team back to the valley. It's a mix between, "let's just build" and "I want to win right away" but everyone can agree that we're not going to be letting bandwagoners into our groups if it happens.

Phoenix is an attractive place for Lebron. He and Carmelo could team up with max's with Bledsoe and Dragic with most of the cast that almost brought us to the playoffs this past year. They'd instantly be a favorite to win the title. The biggest downside is that it's on the West Coast which means there's actually competition. Honestly, I'm not sure why it's not being taken more seriously, but I doubt it'll happen.

Either way, Phoenix is going to be a huge force this off season, they plan on meeting with a huge number of players in the second tier if the Lebron option doesn't occur.

I would love to see Phoenix go with a San Antonio style of building this offseason; make sure every position is filled with at least one credible backup who won't cause a loss in production. I feel that the last season roster was somewhat like that idea, especially with the Morris twins providing chemistry so the reserve unit was productive. Basically:

> Match any offers on Bledsoe / sign him with a good contract. This should rank above Lebron and any other offseason goals.
> Get some veteran leadership. Phoenix is talented, but it's also young and needs a locker room presence. Wizards made vast improvements last year after doing the same thing with Miller, Gooden, etc.
> Resign Frye and try to lure Ariza / Deng. TJ Warren was a good start for getting some wing production, but someone more established might also be needed.
> Fill out the remaining cap space with decent talent / shooting.
> Continue to stockpile future assets. Is Okafor still on the roster to trade for his contract and picks?

How has everyone's teams fared so far this offseason?

Pacers have basically traded Lance for CJ Miles, Rodney Stuckey, and some Euro guy who is apparently wet from three. Too bad there's still no point guard to set anyone up. Gdi, they should've got Jameer Nelson when there was still a roster spot open. :c

(i can't really argue that lance is gone though since I can see him live in charlotte now with big al hue hue)

Back