Nationals/Worlds format

I agree, Just like Mewtwo or Catcher, It is widely playable. Therefore the price will only slightly go down.

I've been testing this deck a lot the past few days, and it does NOT by any means auto-lose to hammertime. I tested against a darkrai/lasers/hammers list that ran 3 enhanced hammers and while they can hammerspam you, you can attach one energy to a thundurus, Raiden Knuckle for 30+any additional damage from deoxys/lasers to KO sableyes, then get your energies back. Hammers may stop some of the speed and some bigger plays from happening if you have them as simple techs, but thundurus is going to take a ton of prizes if all you plan to do with darkrai is hammerspam.

r3skyline said:
well lugia went down because of its playability. it was so hyped before the card hit, the price reflected it. now that it had been released, people realized it was slow without the complete engine.

Lugia isn't slow. It can achieve a turn one or two 120 and follow up with that number every turn and take prizes faster than usual. I think the hype simply wore off or possibly the popularity declined when when people tried to tech Lugia in non-Plasma decks like Darkrai Lasers, splitting the focus, and it didn't work. I do agree that Thundurus and Deoxys are highly playable, more so than Lugia, probably a contender for BDIF, and their prices will probably stay pretty high, which is unfortunate for players on a budget.

EmmetCHH22 said:
Well I have taken a look at the new set and the format coming. Looks like thunduras/deoxys is going to be the B.D.I.F. nothing else stands a chance. What do you guys think?
Time will tell; it's a bit too early for me to acknowledge that TD will be the BDIF. It will be interesting to the Spring Battle Roads tournament results.

By the way, I would still prefer my Landorus EX start vs. an opponent's Thundurus EX.

TuxedoBlack said:
EmmetCHH22 said:
Well I have taken a look at the new set and the format coming. Looks like thunduras/deoxys is going to be the B.D.I.F. nothing else stands a chance. What do you guys think?
Time will tell; it's a bit too early for me to acknowledge that TD will be the BDIF. It will be interesting to the Spring Battle Roads tournament results.

By the way, I would still prefer my Landorus EX start vs. an opponent's Thundurus EX.

You 3KO them, they don't KO you but they power up an attacker that will make you cry (Kyurem). Plasma box is just amazing, the only deck that it has an unfavorable matchup against (IMO) is PKK.

Blui said:
TuxedoBlack said:

You 3KO them, they don't KO you but they power up an attacker that will make you cry (Kyurem). Plasma box is just amazing, the only deck that it has an unfavorable matchup against (IMO) is PKK.
Actually, against Thundurus EXs, I plan to 2HKO them... :) or revenge KO any Kyurem that does KO my first Lando... As you might guess, I've been planning for this particular matchup.

lugia ex/landorus EX is going to be a top deck due to plasma badge and colress machine.. Lugia if you start with the right hand is donk capability. Where as landorus with the right hand can lands judgment second turn.

I had a chance to play against a PlasmaBox deck yesterday after the pre-release tournament. We played a total of 8 games. I ran my LMT (aka big basics) in 3 games and Darkrai EX-Sableye in the other 5. Neither of my decks has been updated since States.

When running LMT, I lost all 3 games although there were some close games. I could not keep up with the PlasmaBox energy attachment acceleration. I do plan to re-test this matchup again after making some changes to my LMT deck.

On the other hand, Darkrai EX-Sableye had much better results: I won 4 out of the 5 games. Hammers still rock!

The only thing bad about hammers is that there are games where you live and die by the coin. It doesn't add up well considering how much luck there is in the format already. Also, stuff that can accelerate energy faster than Plasmabox will have a field day.

Machamp the Champion said:
I think the best counter might be Darkrai with 4 Enhanced Hammer. They run all Special Energy, which is always fun for Sableye. Thundurus and Deoxys also only have 170 HP, which Darkrai can take full advantage of.

Something I would like to add to that is Darkrai's biggest benefit from Plasma Freeze is the Absol. This guy can do a maximum of 170 damage in one turn and abuses Deoxys EX expensive bench power, immune to frozen city, and a great klinklang conter, and along with enhanced hammer spamming, this deck has more than just a chance in the upcoming format, it has an advantage against the popular decks at the moment and is the master of disruption. Might still not be the BDIF but it at least earns a T1 spot.

littywitty said:
Something I would like to add to that is Darkrai's biggest benefit from Plasma Freeze is the Absol. This guy can do a maximum of 170 damage in one turn and abuses Deoxys EX expensive bench power, immune to frozen city, and a great klinklang conter, and along with enhanced hammer spamming, this deck has more than just a chance in the upcoming format, it has an advantage against the popular decks at the moment and is the master of disruption. Might still not be the BDIF but it at least earns a T1 spot.

IF your opponent has a full Bench. Your opponent does have some control over your damage output, so I wouldn't expect to OHKO EX's with it too often, but it is a great Klinklang counter. As long as your opponent has four Benched Pokemon, you can OHKO Klinklang, and in Klinklang, you're probably going to have at least that since you want to have two different Stage 2's in play and be ready with a Klink in case one of them goes down. That and two Cobalion would be four on the Bench.

True, very true. That's the point where it turns into an unexpected card once they've had their bench filled, (still talking about PlasmaBox) that you just lay the card down. In the case that you need to use a Juniper, N, etc. that is why I would recommend 2 Absols so you don't need to keep still of a hand to have an option.

Back