Finished Name That Team - R5

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Name That Team - R4

Because I want to this move along and because the types are only half the puzzle...
Bug
Fighting
Water
Rock
Normal
Fire
Now go solve it :/

I am not good on competitive play but as no one is trying to solve this I will try. 1 NU is Bug or Fire. Unova ones are Rock/Bug, Rock/Normal, Rock/Fire, Bug/Fighting or Water/Fire based on Houndoom's info. If all are mono-types, we have 4 candidates to the Bug pokemon 3 from Hoenn and 1 is from Sinnoh. But there is nothing weak to Bug in the list so we could presume that it is the Sinnoh pokemon (Kricktune). For the Fire candidate are 2 Hoenn (which can't be), 2 Kanto and 2 Unova. For the second Gen must be weak to 2 types listed above and beat another one. It is Fire or Rock. If we guess the Gen 2 correctly, we have it in the bag. That leaves:

Gen 1: Fire or Bug
Gen 2: Rock or Fire
Gen 3: Water/Fighting or Water/Rock
Gen 4: Not much but probably Krictune
Gen 5: Bug/Rock, Rock/Normal, Rock/Fire, Bug/Fighting or Fire/Water

You know, the only way you can get another team is by attempting to guess this one. It might be difficult due to all the choices but you can definitely whittle it down thanks to the clues I gave. Don't expect to get it right in one guess. You get five for a reason...

PMJ said:
You know, the only way you can get another team is by attempting to guess this one. It might be difficult due to all the choices but you can definitely whittle it down thanks to the clues I gave. Don't expect to get it right in one guess. You get five for a reason...

How about you encourage new players to start and tell me what all these letter abbreviatons mean. Also, where are the clues?

In the first post. >_>

I will admit it's a tad messy there but I've made the headers bigger so you should easily be able to spot them now.

dmaster out.

The letter abbreviations are referring to tier placement, which is linked in the first post. Did you even read it?

It's not messy. The only person having difficulty finding this stuff is you, probably because you apparently have no idea what tiers are.

I thought the first post referenced the first game. In addition I know of the/a teir list in pokemon. Still don't know of these abbreviations.

I'll double check first post.

Still can't find any translations of those abbreviations.

smogon.com/bw/tiers

Thank you pmj. The task of raising Pokemon is daunting as it takes weeks of nonstop play. Thus I don't actively play enough to memorize a list of this size otherwise. Unfortunately I wont be participating.

I will try a guess:
PMJ we think this is your team:

Kricketune
Gigalith
Pinsir
Rapidash
Sudowoodo
Hariyama

Kricketune is not on the team.
Gigalith is on the team.
Pinsir is on the team.

Rapidash is not on the team.
Sudowoodo is not on the team.
Hariyama is not on the team.

Four guesses remain.

Just at first glance, I feel like azelf is on the team because it's UU, weak to bug, and can explode.

The Gen 2 is fire and the Gen 3 is water. The other Gen 5 is normal. Entei or Typhlosion is fire and that is the RU.

Pinsir - Bug - NU - Gen 1
Gigalith - Rock - NU - Gen 5
Entei/Typhlosion - Fire - RU - Gen 2
Minccino/Watchog - Normal - NU - Gen 5

The Gen 4 would be fighting by elimination. The only pure fighting in Gen 4 would be Riolu (or Arceus but that is Ubers already).
I would go for the other 2 first. Stoutland, Minccino, Audino, Watchog and Bouffalnat are the pure normal types from Gen 5. Audino and Watchog are NU while none are UU.
The water is Gen 3 and is UU/NU. That leaves it between Milotic, Huntail, Gorebyss, Wailord nad Luvdisc.

See, you guys? All it takes is one guess and you're already making headway.

Don't try to win this game in a single guess. You won't get anywhere if you get to the point where there are three or four different possibilities for teammates and then quit because you don't have any solid leads.

The smaller steps will lead to huge leaps in time, but you have to actually make guesses in order to do it. That's why you get five of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back