Finished Name That Team - R5

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Name That Team - R4

4 NU PMJ, really?

Only ten weaknesses listed; Bug, Dark, Dragon, Ice, naturally Normal, Poison and Ghost missing. No Dragons, unlikely to have Psychics barring Bronzong, and Ghosts are already impossible. Grass in an option but needs to be hybrid with Ground, Rock or Poison (Ghost/Grass is nonexistant)

Resistances absent; Dragon Electric Ghost Psychic. Not Bronzong, so no Psychics; Steels are also absent because Dialga is not an option. Grass is even less likely now, because none of the hybrids removes the Electric resist. No Ghost resist doesn't give us much.

Now that I've worked through the rest of it I realised that it is indeed really, really easy. Here's your springboard, have fun. Assuming you try :/

You guys will definitely need a couple clues to work this one out; I'll whip up some after I get home (in about four hours).

I added a few clues for you guys.

Pokemon that evolve by trade:
B
Boldore (Pokémon)
C
Clamperl (Pokémon)
D
Dusclops (Pokémon)
E
Electabuzz (Pokémon)
F
Feebas (Pokémon)
G
Graveler (Pokémon)
Gurdurr (Pokémon)
H
Haunter (Pokémon)
K
Kadabra (Pokémon)
Karrablast (Pokémon)
M
Machoke (Pokémon)
Magmar (Pokémon)
O
Onix (Pokémon)
P
Poliwhirl (Pokémon)
P cont.
Porygon (Pokémon)
Porygon2 (Pokémon)
R
Rhydon (Pokémon)
S
Scyther (Pokémon)
Seadra (Pokémon)
Shelmet (Pokémon)
Slowpoke (Pokémon)

I mean that this Pokemon is obtained by trading, not necessarily evolves from in the strictest sense.

Gigalith is obviously one of them, seeing how Boldore evolves by trading and Gigalith knows Explosion. Also it's NU, and gets a lot of weaknesses and resistances out of the way. That's all I got for now.

It's not that simple; in fact, one pokemon satisfying multiple conditions is worse because the others become much more indistinct. However, once you look at the types, Gigalith is indeed such an option; there are only five valid Exploders for this team.

Anyone want to guess the types? They all have a suprising subset they are all a part of.

Question for PMJ: can Pokemon with Aftermath or Selfdestruct count as one of the ones that can explode?

Dark Void said:
Question for PMJ: can Pokemon with Aftermath or Selfdestruct count as one of the ones that can explode?

Pokemon with Aftermath don't explode.

When a Pokemon uses Selfdestruct, they do explode, so yes.

Well teeeechnically in the PMD games (or at least PMD2) Pokemon with Aftermath explode when they die. But okay.

I can say with certainty that there is still not enough to go on basically because the clues can overlap (as seen above). The number of potiental candidates - large - in NU coinciding with the fact that there are four of them in NU means even after guessing the RU and UU - which by no means will be accurate - the loooooong list means guessing all four of them - which happens to have four in each type at the least - is near impossible.

In fact, I can make sure of one type being in a certain tier. It happens to be in NU so there's nothing it gives us.

more clues get

I do like these clues, I like them.

The types are easy to get but it's only the first stage. After getting the six types cross-check the last four clues and generations, which will then lead you to a smaller pool. Finally the first three clues will provide the information to eliminate all the other possibilities.

That is if anyone is dedicated/bored (like me) to do so.

Except no one is going to get anywhere if they don't actually guess.

Because no one is playing.

I might partake in this over Christmas Break (Friday Afternoon.)

:[

What are these two letter abbreviations? Ie. uu

Wheres all the clues and guesses posted? I don't see any. This thread looks so disorganized. It was a fun read though.

1 Kanto
1 Johto
At least 2 Unova

Idk if that really helps, but given the clues these are the generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back