My theory on what will be rotated out in August

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Radar

AKA Le Radar
So looking at the Platinum sets, I noticed that there is no Drapion in any of the Platinum sets, aside from Drapion 4.

There is, however, a Drapion Lv X. in the Platinum set.

My theory is as follows: the rotation that occurs in August will leave modified at Stormfront-on (at least; LA might even survive the cut).

Why stormfront? Because that was the last set that included a Drapion.

Of course, if Revived Legends includes a Drapion, my entire argument is null and void.

And this is also assuming that pokemon would not want to render a Lv x completely useless for a few sets.

Thoughts?

That would be a good reason to rotate SF-on, but then again they could just save the trouble of machamp killing all the legends and print a promo one. But if the format is LA-on then me and my Uxie will be quite happy :D.

Rocket's Persian ex was legal when Rocket's Meowth got rotated, so... there goes your theory.

PMJ said:
Rocket's Persian ex was legal when Rocket's Meowth got rotated, so... there goes your theory.
Then again, when everyone was convinced Ex Deoxys was going to be rotated, I pointed towards the fact that there would be no more boost energy for Porygon2, and as it turned out, DX did end up staying in the format for another year.

Rocket's Persian was a boxtopper as well, so maybe it doesn't count...

I've been thinking about the Drapion lv.x thing myself.While it would suck to have a lv.x no one can use,not to many people use Drapion anyway:(
I want to see Uxie,Claydol and Machamp go away.If we have to lose Drapion to do that,happens.

They don't care if you don't have a pokemon legal [see Rocket's Persian Ex]
Pt-On. They're trying to be like Japan.
How could they leave SF in with no Unown G GE?

There's no reason to keep one set from the D/P block in. PL-on is more likely, even if they have to release another Drapion.

dmaster out.

It's kind of logcal
but gengar, machamp, uxie and claydol need to go
I say Stormfront on would stay.

Personaly I would prefer a HG/SS on rotation. Simply because SPs would be the only deck that would be played. Seriously they only get stronger with a PL on because they lose thier only 2 threats Mewtwo and Machamp, and cards seem to only be getting slower with the new sets.

It's way too early to tell which I say in every one of these speculation threads since NO ONE has any proof of any of these things will happen.

If you have no proof, there is no discussion.

I honestly have been thinking it's probably somewhat likely we get to keep Stormfront if not LA and maybe even MD as well. It just seems like a bit much all at once to go from 11 sets in play to just 5 (well OK maybe 7 by the time the actually announce the rotation).

Deca said:
I honestly have been thinking it's probably somewhat likely we get to keep Stormfront if not LA and maybe even MD as well. It just seems like a bit much all at once to go from 11 sets in play to just 5 (well OK maybe 7 by the time the actually announce the rotation).

Well then you obviously haven't been playing modified for too long, because this past season they didn't have a rotation due to problems with the format. The next rotation that'll come up in August will be comprised of the more than usual.

But I'm not even going to speculate what'll be rotated, because just like #1weavile said,

"There is no discussion if you have no proof!!"

novadragon07 said:
Personaly I would prefer a HG/SS on rotation. Simply because SPs would be the only deck that would be played. Seriously they only get stronger with a PL on because they lose thier only 2 threats Mewtwo and Machamp, and cards seem to only be getting slower with the new sets.

If that's the case, then we'd have too little sets (HGSS, spring set, fall set, and some promos/whatever). I don't think PUSA would want people playing with very little cards available.

Anyways, Weavile hit the mark here. There is no evidence to these predictions, so odds are it could be wrong.

Seems Clear To Me ● PT-On

I guess I'm not thinking with an open mind, but I've convinced
myself that it will be Platinum-On after the rotation.

I'm so sure that I've already started to re-arrange my binders...
Anything before Platinum goes in my 2 original binders and
everything PT-On goes in my new binder.

But isn't this tread just idol speculation for those of use who want to be heard.
the thought of machamp without unkown G is scary(dont be scared of gengar since most of what he targets is going to be rotated so...) but so is the thought of SPs without machamp and mewtwo....the way I see it, it could go either way....the most likely way...the one that will make them the most money. I mean hey its a business after all.
and that is my 100th post YAY.

I'd love Stormfront to stay as I'd like to try some kind of Fire deck with Heatran Lv.X, Charizard, Ninetales and maybe Typhlosion and be able to use it for more than 4~ months. However, I think it'll be Platinum onwards as well, it just seems more logical despite the Drapion argument (that could be easily fixed for all we know).

novadragon07 said:

I don't know about HGSS-on, I'd love a card pool wipe like that but it just doesn't seem likely. The more realistic rotation to kill SP would be something like RR-on.

If they make it pt on then we ll have a porygon z promo without a porygon to evolve from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back