EVs: 252 Speed/252 Sp. Def/4 HP
Item: Leftovers
Jolly Nature
Moveset:
Leaf Blade
Leech Seed
Reflect
Light Screen

Summary: I'm having a pretty hard time with his moveset, but I thought maybe this was a decent Duel Screener set. Leaf Blade for STAB, Leech Seed for better health recovery, and Reflect and Light Screen to help the rest of my team, plus, it will give Serperior a better chance of surviving. Yes, he does have Overgrow for his ability, but I want Serperior to stay on my team... I'm open to suggestions.

Hydreigon
EVs: 252 Speed/252 Sp. Atk/4 HP
Item: Choice Specs
Modest Nature
Moveset:
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse
Focus Blast
Flamethrower

Summary: My Special Sweeper. I'm thinking about changing Dragon Pulse for Draco Meteor. Dark Pulse is there for STAB, Focus Blast and Flamethrower for type coverage.

Chandelure
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/140 Defense/112 HP
Item: Choice Scarf
Calm Nature
Moveset:
Hidden Power (Fighting) edit: got rid of Calm Mind for Hidden Power (Fighting)
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Fire Blast

Summary: Another Special Sweeper. I gave her Choice Scarf to help her low Speed. The EVs in Defense are to help Chandelure survive moves like Earthquake or Stone Edge. Energy Ball is definitely a move I want to keep, as it can be helpful against Water, Ground, and Rock Pokemon. Shadow Ball for STAB and to stop other Ghost-Types. Fire Blast, also for STAB and Hidden Power (Fighting) is to deal better damage to Dark-types.

Eelektross
EVs: 200 Attack/52 Speed/148 Sp. Atk
Item: Flying Gem
Quiet Nature
Moveset:
Rain Dance
Thunder
Acrobatics
Thunder Wave

Summary: I chose Quiet Nature to increase Sp. Attack. Rain Dance is to help boost the Accuracy of Thunder, Acrobatics + Flying Gem = major damage, Thunder Wave to lower the opponent's speed.

Mienshao
EVs: 252 Speed, 240 Attack/12 HP
Item: Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Moveset:
Fake Out
U-Turn
Hi-Jump Kick edit: got rid of Drain Punch.
Rock Slide

Summary: I was lucky to get one with the Regenerator ability. Fake Out to cause flinching, U-Turn because of Regenerator, Drain Punch is to recover from Life Orb damage, and Rock Slide is for damaging Flying Types.

Gigalith
EVs: 252 Defense/150 Attack/100 Sp. Def
Item: Quick Claw
Impish Nature
Moveset:
Stealth Rock
Curse
Earthquake
Rock Blast

Summary: Curse to increase Attack and Defense, Stealth Rock to damage opponents when they switch out, Earthquake for coverage, and Rock Blast is filler. I'm not really fond of this moveset, but I want Curse and Stealth Rock on Gigalith...

All help is appreciated. Thanks! :D

For starters(pun intended) you'll want to loose Serperior. Serperior doesn't have the stats or movepool to make it in OU. It's outclassed by Celebi, Tangrowth, and Venusaur.
Hydreigon is fine
Your Chandelure has both CM and Scarf...plus it's walled by Heatran.

Eelektross isn't OU material either. Zapdos, wastom, jolteon, and Raikou all make better Electric types. I'd like to point out that you have Rain Dance and a Fire type on the same team... If you really want rain, use Politoed. Also, Acrobatics+Flight Gem only works once per match and offers little coverage.

Mienshao doesn't need Drain Punch when it has Regenerator and the powerful HJK.

You'll want to drop Gigalith completely, too. His Attack and Defence don't make up for the terribleness of his other stats. He can easily be replaced by something with SR or if you want offense, Terrakion. Plus, Quick Claw relies heavily on hax.

^Thanks for your suggestions. :) Problem is, I want Serperior to stay on my team.

Also, I don't really want to use Legendaries. Yes, they are powerful, but I want to use a team of normal Pokemon. Btw, I'll consider using Politoed as a replacement for Gigalith. Are there any other Pokemon you'd suggest for OU (besides the ones you mentioned)?

The Power of Three said:
*approved*

You approved a team with Choice Scarf Calm Mind Chandelure. Are you serious right now.

You'll have to get over not wanting legendaries. Being a legendary does not make a Pokemon better than non-legendaries. For example, Arcticuno is NU while Excadrill is Ubers. People use legendaries in OU constantly, and you'll be at a disadvantage if you don't run them yourself. You'll lose a lot of freedom if you don't use legendaries, because you'll often find them the right man for the job.

If you're really set on using Serperior, go NU, as he is outclassed even in RU. That's how bad he really is. I can understand wanting to use you favorites for fun, but losing every match will quickly lose its fun.

Serpy needs to kick the can, along with Gigalith and Eelectross. Scrap them. Now.

Also, fix your EVs. They need help. Bad. I can't really help you if you don't know how to do one of the most basic jobs for building a team. Some Natures need to be fixed as well. Also, I'd bet anything you have never used this team before except in game. Test it, iron out the kinks (a lot of them in this case) and perfect your team as much as you can before actually posting it.

I also believe that we need a better approval system if you liked that, Teapot.

Hatman said:
fix your EVs. They need help. Bad. I can't really help you if you don't know how to do one of the most basic jobs for building a team.

I bred Hydreigon and Serperior for perfect IVs in Speed and Sp. Attack respectively. I've tested them both and they both do pretty well. Also, how do my EVs need help? I only put EVs in defense for Chandelure because its physical defense is pretty bad and she would die from 1 Earthquake without it.

Hatman said:
Also, I'd bet anything you have never used this team before except in game.
I've never used this team in-game. -_- Like I said before, I bred my in-game Serperior for one with better IVs in Speed. In fact, most of my Pokemon were bred for better IVs. I gave them EVs according to the roles they play. Serperior for Dual Screen, Hydreigon for Sp. Sweeper, etc.

PikaSnivy said:
I bred Hydreigon and Serperior for perfect IVs in Speed and Sp. Attack respectively. I've tested them both and they both do pretty well. Also, how do my EVs need help? I only put EVs in defense for Chandelure because its physical defense is pretty bad and she would die from 1 Earthquake without it.

I've never used this team in-game. -_- Like I said before, I bred my in-game Serperior for one with better IVs in Speed. In fact, most of my Pokemon were bred for better IVs. I gave them EVs according to the roles they play. Serperior for Dual Screen, Hydreigon for Sp. Sweeper, etc.

Bro, Chandelure can't survive an EQ even with 252 Defense and Bold. You can't improve what isn't there.

PikaSnivy said:
252 Atk Life Orb Jolly Landorus Earthquake vs 112/140 Chandelure: 134.95% minimum (No Swords Dance boosts, or Sand Force boost)

Your investment won't save you from Earthquake. Heck, 4 Atk Quagsire does 75% minimum with Earthquake.

Move all the EVs from HP and Defense into Speed. The candle is frail, so it needs to be fast.

PMJ said:
You approved a team with Choice Scarf Calm Mind Chandelure. Are you serious right now.

Agreed. This is why our VG program is a joke. If it's not competitive-worthy, don't allow it to be posted here. Anyways, I'm going to agree with the above rates. Serperior, Gigalith, and Eelektross are seriously outclassed by many things in the OU Metagame. So learn how to play competitive VG before arguing with those who are experienced with it.

This isn't even up to the RMT standards, not to mention that it's not competitive.

*locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back