• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

My take on UmbreTar (Cities, Seniors) (Needs full Pokemon name)

Zorua

Zedd
Advanced Member
Hola. This is my first deck post thing so yeah.

T/S/S: 24

Burned Tower x2
Energy Returner x1 (expecting another from troll and toad so consider as 2)
Switch x2
Great Ball x2
Sage's Training x1
Expert Belt x2
Bebes Search x1
Department Store Girl x1
Prof. Elms Training x2
Cynthias Guidance x2
Team Rockets Trickery x2
Interviewers Questions x3
Pokemon Communication x3

Energys: 14

Special Dark x3
Regular Dark x11

Pokemon: 22

Chatot G x3
Spiritomb x2 (AR)
Eevee x2 (UD 48)
Eevee x1 (UD 47)
Umbreon x2 (UD)
Honchkrow x2 (UD)
Murkrow x1 (UD 59)
Murkrow x1 (UD 58)
Unown DARK x1
Larvitar x2 (UL 51)
Larvitar x1 (UL 50)
Pupitar x2 (UL 39)
Pupitar x1 (UL 38)
Tyranitar Prime x1

Strategy:

Start with eevee (Or hope to) and stall with moonlight fang. Set up for TTAR, and Honchkrow. TTAR darkness howl and snipe with honchkrow, or megaton tail for easy prizes. Spiritomb to help set up.

RE: My take on UmbreTar (Cities, Seniors)

^^ my ttar is extemely bent so i can tell which prize it is. but otherwise i can still use honchkrow's whirlwind and then snipe so yeah, it can still work

-1 Eevee (Pyramid Evo lines are bad)
-2 Spiritomb (Bad Starter)
-2 Switch (Go with Warp Point)
-1 Basic Dark
-1 Great Ball (Ew.)

+1 Special Dark
+2 Warp Point
+2 Tyranitar Prime (Pyramid Evolution lines are bad)
+2 Sableye (Better Starter)

^^

i dont have and sableyes or TTARS available to me. What do you have aagainst great ball. Anyways m taking out spirittomb and a burned tower for:

2 darkrai MD
1 darkrai G

^tried that in my Umbretar, didn't work as well as other techs and stuff.

Take out.
Burned Tower
Switch

Add in:
2x Azelf (just incase that T-Tar Prime's pized)
2x Warp Point

Other:
Personaly, I wouldn't use Expert Belts...as it makes card (monsters) into an Ex.
So (it's up to you) if you take them out for:
1x Bebe's
1x PETM

@ Hatman

I dont know what to expect since i havn't even recieved the darkrai's in the mail.I'll test and see

@ Light Venosaur

The thing is, i dont have any warp points and pokemon players are limited in my area. I also can't take out burned tower since if i cant pull switches i have to retreat but since this deck is heavaly energy reliant i have to get them back. I probably will pull out something. BTW what is PETM?

lol you 'know' which prize it is. you need more otherwise the deck just fails. what if it's prized and you just can't take a prize? then you lose

^^

If i can get one by saturday i will but otherwise i can still use darkrai or honchkrow

Also, if it's warped, you can get DQ'd for warping...basicly saying that that's an unplayable card.

Its not warped. Its like bent as like how you would find a holo you just pulled. i tried to straighten it but its still a little bent.

But judge's can still consider that an unplayable card, if you are clearly able to tell which one it is.

^^

Then if you'll excuse me i have a card to unbend

I was just about to say what Grizzly just said, but he beat me to it. Now to review the actual deck.
I noticed:
Energy Returner x1
Switch x2
Great Ball x2
Sage's Training x1
Expert Belt x2
Department Store Girl x1
Pokemon Communication x3
If you want to run Dept Store Girl, you will want to run 3 tool cards to take advantage of it (at least, that's my opinion). You may want to add a belt.
Why switch instead of Warp Point? If you have something benched, like a Sableye or Spiritomb with an Unown Q handy, you can bring up your titan.
And I notice you have 2 Great Balls and 3 Communications, all of which can be blocked by Tomb, and NO Pokemon Collector. It is a must for your deck. Even if you can only get a hold of one of them, it's definitely worth your time. You will probably want to run 2, which is ideal.

There is also no Unown Q (to retreat a Sableye/Spiritomb lead on the fly), and only 1 Tyranitar Prime. Umbreon can't do nearly as much damage as Tyranitar can pull off. Also, there are two Honchkrow from UD; are you talking about the one with Blindside, or Vengeance?

Back