Media My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Zenith said:
professorlight said:
It begins this saturday? where can I watch it that same day so I can properly discuss with you guys and I won't have to hide my shame?

On the television channel the Hub.

Otherwise you'll have to wait for someone to upload it to youtube, which is usually pretty quick (usually like...4-6 hours for HD?)

We don't have the hub here, MLP is in discovery kids, 8:30 and 23:00 hs, but I've no idea of how closely they release the new seasons.
I guess I'll go to youtube then...

Bolt the Cat said:
professorlight said:
It begins this saturday? where can I watch it that same day so I can properly discuss with you guys and I won't have to hide my shame?

Only if you have The Hub (some of the cheaper TV packages don't).

I'm so glad I do now, I can just get up and watch it without any trouble.

Go ahead, bolt... brag.

I'll go to start hiding my shame now...

Okay, that episode was awesome.

I really like what they've done with Discord now, he's pretty much gone antihero now. Also, I'm very interested in this box.

The premiere episode is called Princess Twilight Sparkle parts 1 & 2. It's not on YouTube yet as of the time of writing this.
My brief-ish first thoughts about the premiere...
Okay, imo, the premiere lived up to the hype. That. Was. INCREDIBLE! I loved the more dramatic feel compared to previous episodes, but hey, its the season 4 premiere and Twilight's a princess now! You'd expect that! I feel that they gave a lot more character to Celestia, especially when she said how the Summer Sun Celebration painfully reminded her of how she banished her sister. Not to mention the flashbacks. Speaking of flashbacks, Luna's transformation. DEAR. GOD. Best Part 1 Ender Evah!!! The Nightmare Moon flashback was definitely the best part of the entire premiere. I know I got the feels when Twilight started crying over Celestia. (Spoiler: No, she's not dead, obviously.)

Discord was pretty funny, especially when he was first summoned. Singing Winter Wrap Up in the shower, lol.

The animation was simply stunning all around! The CGI Elements of Harmony didn't look out of place at all! Not to mention the shadowing and...who am I kidding, it's all gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous! As Rarity said in the Crystal Empire, "There are no words!" :D

Oh, and if anyone's curious, they did change the intro, but not too much. Its the same exact theme, except for a few things:
-Discord is in Fluttershy's window.
-Twilight isn't shown with wings until "And magic makes it all complete!"
-More characters are shown in the photo such as Spike, the CMCs, Zecora, Mayor Mare, Snips and Snails, Granny Smith and Big Mac.
-Luna is shown with Celestia opening the letter.

Unfortunately, I missed the middle of Part 2, so I didn't see the box. :( Welp, now I play the waiting game for it to arrive on YouTube.

SkyeVictini said:
The premiere episode is called Princess Twilight Sparkle parts 1 & 2. It's not on YouTube yet as of the time of writing this.
Okay, imo, the premiere lived up to the hype. That. Was. INCREDIBLE! I loved the more dramatic feel compared to previous episodes, but hey, its the season 4 premiere and Twilight's a princess now! You'd expect that! I feel that they gave a lot more character to Celestia, especially when she said how the Summer Sun Celebration painfully reminded her of how she banished her sister. Not to mention the flashbacks. Speaking of flashbacks, Luna's transformation. DEAR. GOD. Best Part 1 Ender Evah!!! The Nightmare Moon flashback was definitely the best part of the entire premiere. I know I got the feels when Twilight started crying over Celestia. (Spoiler: No, she's not dead, obviously.)

Discord was pretty funny, especially when he was first summoned. Singing Winter Wrap Up in the shower, lol.

The animation was simply stunning all around! The CGI Elements of Harmony didn't look out of place at all! Not to mention the shadowing and...who am I kidding, it's all gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous! As Rarity said in the Crystal Empire, "There are no words!" :D

Oh, and if anyone's curious, they did change the intro, but not too much. Its the same exact theme, except for a few things:
-More characters are shown in the photo such as Spike, the CMCs, Zecora, Mayor Mare, Snips and Snails, Granny Smith and Big Mac.

Unfortunately, I missed the middle of Part 2, so I didn't see the box. :( Welp, now I play the waiting game for it to arrive on YouTube.

The box didn't appear in the middle of Part 2, it was at the end.

Anyway, if anyone wants to know what happened, this link sums things up better than I ever could (obviously there is spoilers here, so you've been warned):

http://i.imgur.com/y6neV1t.png

I do disagree with what they said about Discord convincing Twilight to rejoin her friends being OOC, I don't think this person really understood Discord's character very well. Yes, it defies his inherent nature to help Twilight and her friends, but that's kind of the point behind his reformation. He genuinely wants to have friends as we saw back in Keep Calm and Flutter On, so he was trying to help in his own sort of way. While at the same time enjoying the chaos that had come to Ponyville. That fits his character pretty well, I think.

I have seen the premiers to S1 & 2, I don't think I have seen it from S3 though. Any links where I can watch it?

Bolt the Cat said:
SkyeVictini said:

The box didn't appear in the middle of Part 2, it was at the end.

Yeah, what I meant to say was that I pretty much missed the last half of part 2 except for the last minute and a half, so I might have just missed it by like a split second. :(
Oh, and the premiere is now on YouTube! I repeat, the premiere is now on YouTube! Just look up "mlp season 4 episode 1" and it will be there!

Btw, The latest Hub promo says on the lines of "a new quest that will change the destiny of Ponyville forever!" Season finale speculation? Nah, too soon. ;P OR IS IT??? DUN DUN DUUUN!

SkyeVictini said:
Yeah, what I meant to say was that I pretty much missed the last half of part 2 except for the last minute and a half, so I might have just missed it by like a split second. :(
Oh, and the premiere is now on YouTube! I repeat the premiere is now on YouTube! Just look up "mlp season 4 episode 1" and it will be there!

Btw, The latest Hub promo says on the lines of "a new quest that will change the destiny of Ponyville forever!" Season finale speculation? Nah, too soon. ;P OR IS IT??? DUN DUN DUUUN!

Supposedly, the quest to unlock the box is a season long story arc. Not sure where people are getting that from.

Okay, I finally watched it, I'm back, baby!

It was great; a nice throwback to episode one, but with elements from all 3 seasons interwoven in the plot, and a good dose of backstory to boot.

I love how past events were explained, both important and irrelevant, celestia and luna found the tree to defeat discord and he is frozen in the same laughing pose we saw him for the first time, then they build the old castle in the forest to protect the tree, then luna goes all coockoo bananas and they have a bitching dogfight, with PONY LASERS (pony lasers, you guys, PONY. M*********G. LASERS. after that, no one can say this show is not badass) in which the castle ends up in the ruined state we saw it before, and all the pieces are left in place for twilight to discover the elements thousands of years later, convert nightmare moon into luna, defeat discord and subsequently reform him... what can I say? I'm a sucker for time and causality stories.

I hope that this box plot can give us more insight into why the main six are and always were connected to the elements, that's the only question of the past left unanswered for the episode.

Also, skye, how do you get braixen to do that? ...mine never did that...

the premiere was okay but probably the weakest story-based episode so far. the pacing was weird as hell and the dialogue was dumb and not in a funny way. looking forward to the slice-of-life episodes because those are pretty much always better

I do agree that the slice-of-life episodes are the best in the series, but I did enjoy the premiere. Twilight coping with her new duties, Discord being awesome (and somewhat helpful, in his own chaotic way), a bit more insight into the lore/past of Equestria. It was a fun couple of episodes, and a good start to a new season.

Also, I have something to look forward to every week again, yay!

Are these available in 1080p yet?

Well, I loved it. Definitely one of my favorites. And in a strange turn of events, it bested me in that it wasn't predictable, I thought luna was the presence, but I was wrong, and I'm usually right in those things.
I love it when there's a show smart enough to subvert my foresight. don't you?

professorlight said:
Well, I loved it. Definitely one of my favorites. And in a strange turn of events, it bested me in that it wasn't predictable, I thought luna was the presence, but I was wrong, and I'm usually right in those things.

I knew it was either her or Pinkie, so no, that was entirely predictable.

Bolt the Cat said:
professorlight said:

I knew it was either her or Pinkie, so no, that was entirely predictable.

Ohh, c'mon, when has pinkie ever been predictable?

That's what makes her awesome, and discord too, they can come out of left field with the wildest shit you would never have imagined.

professorlight said:

It's not that, it's that her absence in this episode was suspicious when the rest of the Mane 6 had appeared throughout the episode.

Bolt the Cat said:
professorlight said:

It's not that, it's that her absence in this episode was suspicious when the rest of the Mane 6 had appeared throughout the episode.

Yeah, I guess I didn't think of it that way because not everyone always appears in every episode, so it didn't seem suspicious to me, it's actually better that way.

Yeah, I called Pinkie as the shadow as soon as it was apparent that the other 5 of the 6 were all in the castle except for her. It was still excellent, though.

Rarity still stole the show, though, with her constant personification of the castle. She was the one who made this episode memorable for me.

Back