• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard My decklist for 2021? (Garbodor Xatu)

JFlo

Aspiring Trainer
Deck I made after seeing a deck with the same strategy but uses Kartana from unbroken bonds instead of Xatu.

Xatu-CEC-79.jpg

Garbodor-RCL-118.jpg

Will-CEC-208.jpg

4 Natu CEC 78 (evolve)
4 Xatu CEC 79 (attacker)
1 Clefairy LHE 23 (attacker)

2 Garbodor RCL 118 (enable)
2 Trubbish RCL 117 (evolve)
1 Marshadow UNB 81 (tech)
1 Giratina UNM 86 (tech)
4 Jirachi TEU 99 (setup)
1 Mew UNB 76 (tech)
1 MewTwo UNB 75 (Setup)
1 Latios-GX
1 Crowbat V

3 glimwood tangle DAB
1 Wondrous Labyrinth

2 Will CEC 208
2 Piers DAB
2 Guzma & Hala CEC 193
4 Marnie
1 Boss's Orders

2 Air Balloon
4 Scoop Up Net RCL 165
4 Pokemon Communication TEU 152
2 Evolution Incense SSH 163
2 Quick Ball SSH 179

2 Psychic energy
4 Horror energy RCL
4 Twin Energy RCL

Strategy: Use Xatu's "Life Drain" with Glimwood tangle in play and a Garbodor on the bench to have a guaranteed knock out regardless of HP.

Notes:

Wondrous labyrinth: I was already playing Twin Energy just to have the luxury of attacking with almost all the other cards in the list, so with a psychic energy and a Twin Energy I can still successfully attack with xatu even with this stadium in play.

Questions:
Should I add one water energy In place of Latios-GX so that clefairy can use the full effect of Altered Creation GX

Last edited:

Dillonzer

Aspiring Trainer
I'd recommend maybe another Glimwood and maybe some Guzma and Hala to ensure you can get them out. Since Garbodor only works if a Stadium is in play it'd be worth it to be able to fish out those Stadiums.

JFlo

Aspiring Trainer
I'd recommend maybe another Glimwood and maybe some Guzma and Hala to ensure you can get them out. Since Garbodor only works if a Stadium is in play it'd be worth it to be able to fish out those Stadiums.
Thanks man. Updated the list. made some more changes.

JFlo

Aspiring Trainer
Should I add a Oricorio-GX? The benefit would be that my pokéon is going to be OHKO'd almost every single turn so I would get a lot of use out of its ability. the negative would be there's a gustable 2 prize card in the deck now. another benefit is I already have one.

Ok, at this point I think this is for sure the list I'm using 2021. if you subtract the cost of the cards I already have its literally 8 bucks. well, idk how much piers or glimwood tangle will be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yog

Rogue
I like the look of this deck. Spirit Tag or Counter Gain seems like the right tool for it.

I am not sure of what is rotating so you'll have to check that yourself.

Last edited:

JFlo

Aspiring Trainer
Updated the list.

I like the look of this deck. Spirit Tag or Counter Gain seems like the right tool for it.

I am not sure of what is rotating so you'll have to check that yourself.
Both are Rotating, unfortunately. If they weren't I would definitely do Counter Gain since Spirit Tag's role is filled with Horror Energy. I think Air balloon works fine so far from my playtesting.

id add another Marshadow if ur being careful
Thanks for the suggestion but I think one is fine for getting rid of the one Chaotic Swell, if they play a second one it doesn't really matter since garb can still poison with it in play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yog

Rogue
I have returned to this deck now that we've rotated - I've only played digitally mind you.

It's great fun one-shotting big bad OP VMax mons.

I've found keeping the flow of fresh pokes the most important thing. To that end, I went with Lucky Egg as tool of choice. Here's my current list, but I'm still tweaking depending what seems to be the most popular opponent.

I think I'd most like to add an Oricorio for the draw on death, but I'm afraid of adding a multi-prize giver into the mix. It's already a fine line to walk. Another Boss Orders could be very useful too.

Pokémon - 12
* 2 Trubbish RCL 117
* 2 Garbodor RCL 118
* 4 Natu CEC 78
* 4 Xatu CEC 79

Trainer Cards - 39
* 3 Marnie SSH 169
* 1 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 1 Rosa CEC 236
* 2 Guzma & Hala CEC 193
* 1 Pokémon Breeder's Nurturing DAA 166
* 1 Piers DAA 165
* 3 Will CEC 208
* 2 Lt. Surge's Strategy UNB 178
* 1 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 1 Grimsley UNM 234

* 4 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 233
* 1 Pal Pad UPR 132

* 3 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 2 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 3 Pokémon Communication HS 98
* 2 Ordinary Rod SSH 171

* 1 Switch SUM 160

* 3 Lucky Egg SSH 167

* 2 Glimwood Tangle DAA 162
* 1 Spikemuth DAA 170
* 1 Dust Island UNB 168

Energy - 9
* 2 Capture Energy RCL 171
* 1 Draw Energy CEC 271
* 3 Psychic Energy SUM 162
* 3 Horror Psychic Energy RCL 172

Total Cards - 60

JFlo

Aspiring Trainer
I have returned to this deck now that we've rotated - I've only played digitally mind you.

It's great fun one-shotting big bad OP VMax mons.

I've found keeping the flow of fresh pokes the most important thing. To that end, I went with Lucky Egg as tool of choice. Here's my current list, but I'm still tweaking depending what seems to be the most popular opponent.

I think I'd most like to add an Oricorio for the draw on death, but I'm afraid of adding a multi-prize giver into the mix. It's already a fine line to walk. Another Boss Orders could be very useful too.

Pokémon - 12
* 2 Trubbish RCL 117
* 2 Garbodor RCL 118
* 4 Natu CEC 78
* 4 Xatu CEC 79

Trainer Cards - 39
* 3 Marnie SSH 169
* 1 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 1 Rosa CEC 236
* 2 Guzma & Hala CEC 193
* 1 Pokémon Breeder's Nurturing DAA 166
* 1 Piers DAA 165
* 3 Will CEC 208
* 2 Lt. Surge's Strategy UNB 178
* 1 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 1 Grimsley UNM 234

* 4 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 233
* 1 Pal Pad UPR 132

* 3 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 2 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 3 Pokémon Communication HS 98
* 2 Ordinary Rod SSH 171

* 1 Switch SUM 160

* 3 Lucky Egg SSH 167

* 2 Glimwood Tangle DAA 162
* 1 Spikemuth DAA 170
* 1 Dust Island UNB 168

Energy - 9
* 2 Capture Energy RCL 171
* 1 Draw Energy CEC 271
* 3 Psychic Energy SUM 162
* 3 Horror Psychic Energy RCL 172

Total Cards - 60
Thanks. your list looks a lot neater than mine does. I think I was in a stage where I just wanted to throw as many techs as I could in a deck but that just makes a deck clunky AF. I think I will use your decklist as a template for mine. Once again thanks.

Yog

Rogue
I just realised it's yourself in both the threads I've been keeping tabs on :D

I added the Oricorio here, and it makes draw so bountiful to the point where I have nearly too many cards incoming.

Doing that messed with the starting odds, plus there is an issue where - while it's easy to keep the Xatu flowing, it's difficult to keep up with the energy attachments required. So I've also added a 1-1 line of Galarian Corsola to buy some time. Forcing the opponent to Boss Order around it to try grab the Oricorio. Which is fine, what we really want is to keep the Garbodor safe and the Xatu with attachments on safe.

Note that neither Will nor the stadium affect Corsola's coin flip. But most opponents have to stop and think about that for a bit and assumptions will work in your favour.

JFlo

Aspiring Trainer
Just an idea. For the energy rebound, you could play turbo patch so that you can get 2 energy attachments in one turn if you get a heads.

My list plays an oricorio as well. I personally think it is required in a deck like this.

After completely redesigning my list using yours as a template, I didn't change too much. I added a Crobat V, Mew, and Marshadow, both from UNB, 2 piers, added more stadiums, took out will, replaced most of the colorless special energy with basic energy, and some other stuff.

Out of the matches I've played so far with it, I have been able to consistently get setup and rebound. I haven't won yet due to bad luck and Will would not have saved me since I needed to use other supporters otherwise I wouldn't have set up. At first, I thought horror energy wouldn't help much, but if you get life drain off and whiffed the garb it's still a big enough threat to make the opponent think, and even if you whiffed the life drain, the damage counters will help you later when you use Grimsley.

Thanks once again for the help. your list was a lot better than my original due to my need for too many tech cards :p.

Yog

Rogue
Oooh, I forgot about Turbo patch. Although the catch then is that I run precious little basic energy. I do like the capture energy to get going, but maybe with Oricorio now I don't need the Draw so much.

Highlight of my night here was struggling to get Garb out, but successfully using Life Drain on a pair of Tag Team mons. The rolling out teeny tiny Galarian Corsola with a single energy to drop a single damage counter on each and pick up all six prizes at once.

Last edited: